General Discussions #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewwwinteresting said:
What I get is that there is no way to know for sure where someone is web surfing from. Is that easier to comprehend on a fuzzy day?:blowkiss:

That was my understanding as well. But that doesn't make me any less fuzzy today.

:bang:

I need a fuzzy icon.

Jenifred said:
I won't even mention the silver currency problem.....
Yeah, that's confusing to us but LE surely knows exactly what they took as far as that's concerned. It seems that it was all of us that were confused because we didn't see a decimal point. :blushing:

ETA: I don't see anything in the inventory that could be mistaken for a PDA, desktop, laptop, computer files, etc.

I hope that this doesn't sound gruesome in anyway, that's certainly not my intent.

But, ONE of the big stumbling blocks we've all had in digging around in this case, is a biggie actually: TIME OF DEATH

We've speculated at various times, but obviously with no factual information whatsoever.

My question is this:

I am fairly certain that in NC, ALL homocides are required to me reported to the Medical Examiner, and then to be autopsied, etc. And again, I really do not mean to me insensitive here, in the least. But am I wrong in thinking than the autopsy report is public information? Or maybe not, in an on-going investigation? My thinking was, would it possible to obtain a copy, which would certainly reference TOD, as well as any number of other thing.

Thoughts anyone?

On an entirely different and silly note, I have posted numerous times today, and I swear when I look back at them, oh, maybe 99% are filled with typos and words spelled incorrectly! YIKES! Sorry, guys. I start typing and I forget I'm not using something with spellcheck, etc.! LOL

I posted some technical TOD info., so if we ever do get a hold of the autopsy, we can look at things like what her body temp. was when she was found.

What IS public info., however, is that a homicide occurred in the area (public safety issues...). Yet, I find it disturbing that when I go to the Durham, NC police web page, it has not been listed yet on either their press releases section, or on their map of where crimes have recently occurred...In fact, THIS CRIME IS NOT LISTED ON THEIR SITE AT ALL...

http://www.durhampolice.com/

http://www.durhampolice.com/crimemapper/

Now, I can understand a bit of a delay in posting information. However, this crime occurred almost 1 1/2 months ago. At least they could keep current with violent crimes, n'est-ce pas? When I lived in Chicago, they were more up to date on posting this stuff, and that is not saying much, trust me...

One would also think that they would at least put a "Crimestoppers" type of alert out...to get anonymous tips...WTF??

SouthEastSleuth said:
am I wrong in thinking than the autopsy report is public information? Or maybe not, in an on-going investigation?
I think the on-going investigation part is key. They still haven't released any autopsies in the Groene case either, and those murders occurred before Janet was murdered.

cappuccina said:
What IS public info., however, is that a homicide occurred in the area (public safety issues...). Yet, I find it disturbing that when I go to the Durham, NC police web page, it has not been listed yet on either their press releases section, or on their map of where crimes have recently occurred...In fact, THIS CRIME IS NOT LISTED ON THEIR SITE AT ALL...

http://www.durhampolice.com/

http://www.durhampolice.com/crimemapper/

Now, I can understand a bit of a delay in posting information. However, this crime occurred almost 1 1/2 months ago. At least they could keep current with violent crimes, n'est-ce pas? When I lived in Chicago, they were more up to date on posting this stuff, and that is not saying much, trust me...

One would also think that they would at least put a "Crimestoppers" type of alert out...to get anonymous tips...WTF??
These two facts lead me to believe that LE has a "list of suspects" and is just waiting to get all of the pieces in place. The fact that they don't seem to be right on top of this one in terms of posting it on their web site, etc., seems to support the notion that it simply wasn't random, and the public really is in no danger. Makes me think that LE is very confident in their assertion that it was not random.

Did you see that on http://www.durhampolice.com/crimemapper/ there was a burglary a street over from where the Abaroa's lived? Cohnwood, is the street's name. It happened in April too, but that's the only crime that's listed within a 1/2 mile of their residence for the month of April. And between January and May there were 2 buglaries and one rape. Can files on these crimes be found somewhere?

And from January 04 to June 05, there have been 2 burglaries, 4 larcenies, and one rape.

What's the difference between larceny and buglary?

Main Entry: lar·ce·ny
Pronunciation: 'lär-s&-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form: plural -nies
Etymology: modification of Anglo-French larcine theft, from Old French larrecin, from Latin latrocinium robbery, from latron- latro mercenary soldier, brigand
: the unlawful taking and carrying away of personal property with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it permanently; also : any of several types of theft (as embezzlement or obtaining another's property by false pretenses) that have been traditionally distinguished from larceny
NOTE: Under the Model Penal Code and in states that follow it, larceny is a type of theft. In states where larceny is currently defined as a separate crime, it may include the crimes that were distinct from it under common law.bur·gla·ry ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (bûr
prime.gif
gl
schwa.gif
-r
emacr.gif
)
n. pl. bur·gla·ries The act of entering a building or other premises with the intent to commit theft.
: the act of breaking and entering an inhabited structure (as a house) esp. at night with intent to commit a felony (as murder or larceny); also : the act of entering or remaining unlawfully (as after closing to the public) in a building with intent to commit a crime (as a felony)
NOTE: The crime of burglary was originally defined under the common law to protect people, since there were other laws (as those defining larceny and trespass) that protected property. State laws have broadened the common-law crime. Entering at night is often no longer required and may be considered an aggravating factor. The building may be something other than a dwelling, such as a store or pharmacy. Some states (as Louisiana) have included vehicles under their burglary statute. There are degrees of burglary, and some of the usual aggravating factors are the presence of people and use of a deadly weapon. —bur·glar·i·ous /"b&r-'glar-E-&s/ adjective

Jenifred said:
What's the difference between larceny and buglary?
it looks like burglarly has varying degrees and may not be a felony, but larceny is a felony, so maybe larceny is for greater amounts of money or objects?

Jenifred said:
Did you see that on http://www.durhampolice.com/crimemapper/ there was a burglary a street over from where the Abaroa's lived? Cohnwood, is the street's name. It happened in April too, but that's the only crime that's listed within a 1/2 mile of their residence for the month of April. And between January and May there were 2 buglaries and one rape. Can files on these crimes be found somewhere?

And from January 04 to June 05, there have been 2 burglaries, 4 larcenies, and one rape.
Whoooh! Nice find Jenifred.

Rooster said:
Whoooh! Nice find Jenifred.
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, Rooster.

There is a question here that needs to be answered. Why isn't Janet's murder listed on the site?

Jenifred said:

There is a question here that needs to be answered. Why isn't Janet's murder listed on the site?
this case reminds me more and more of the twilight zone. i'm having problems accessing the page, Jen. Is there anything that mentions that homicide wouldn't be listed on the site? (though that wouldn't really make sense...)

anneshirley said:
this case reminds me more and more of the twilight zone. i'm having problems accessing the page, Jen. Is there anything that mentions that homicide wouldn't be listed on the site? (though that wouldn't really make sense...)
No because you will be given an option of things to look for--rape, buglary, larceny, arson, etc. And homicide is one of the choices. There is a disclaimer of sorts before you start. Here it is (the disclaimer):
  • These maps and statistics and the data elements represented therein are based on preliminary data available to us and are subject to change or revision if new information becomes available.
  • The City of Durham, the Durham Police Department and the mapping and software companies assume no legal responsibility for the information contained in the Crime Mapper.
This is at durhampolice.com. It's not working for you?

Now, isn't there preliminary data to suggest that there was a homicide? Odd that it's not up.

Jenifred said:
No because you will be given an option of things to look for--rape, buglary, larceny, arson, etc. And homicide is one of the choices. There is a disclaimer of sorts before you start. Here it is (the disclaimer):
  • These maps and statistics and the data elements represented therein are based on preliminary data available to us and are subject to change or revision if new information becomes available.
  • The City of Durham, the Durham Police Department and the mapping and software companies assume no legal responsibility for the information contained in the Crime Mapper.
This is at durhampolice.com. It's not working for you?

Now, isn't there preliminary data to suggest that there was a homicide? Odd that it's not up.
ok. I just got it. Thanks! Weird. About 1-2 weeks ago someone mentioned that LE in NC was completely swamped with case loads. what are the chances that this is why they are being so silent. Is it because they don't have enough manpower/resources to properly investigate? I say Golfmom should head down there and give them a hand!

Maybe someone should contact Officer Eric Weaver and ask why it's not posted.

Jenifred said:

You know, this brings back my initial suspicions on this case that I soon after discounted. Initially, when I viewed the sudden lack of press, the non-release of information, and whatever else, I began to have a sneaking suspicion that maybe what was initially termed a "murder" became something else -- yes, I was thinking suicide. Usually in those situations, the family wishes privacy and any news of it publicly is stopped. Now, the more I read about this case, and seeing the search warrant and how it was released that it was not a "random murder," I shelved those thoughts because they didn't make sense. Still, it almost seems like something like that, and now with there being no "muder" listed on what is clearly a record of city homicides, well, quite frankly, it's odd.

ETA: I can't seem to find anything listed on it after 04/25, so maybe it's just a day short of being updated.

LvsAMystry said:
-- yes, I was thinking suicide.
I've tried to get more information about this possible theory, with no luck. However, I have several thoughts on that. One, if LE did think it was suicide, wouldn't they release the idea of a possible suicide? Second, we have no evidence by Janet's friends and family that she was depressed enough to commit suicide. Third, would a Mom commit suicide, leaving her baby alone in the crib (instead of taking the baby to a friend and ask them to watch the baby while she runs errands or something) and my biggest questions....why would someone pick stabbing to commit suicide and then stab themselves in the hand, shoulder and then the chest? So far, this theory isn't adding up to me.

ewwwinteresting said:
I've tried to get more information about this possible theory, with no luck. ....... So far, this theory isn't adding up to me.

Why would LE say Janet was murdered then? It would make no sense for them to do so if it was a suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllaMichael