General Discussions #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LvsAMystry said:
You know, this brings back my initial suspicions on this case that I soon after discounted. Initially, when I viewed the sudden lack of press, the non-release of information, and whatever else, I began to have a sneaking suspicion that maybe what was initially termed a "murder" became something else -- yes, I was thinking suicide. Usually in those situations, the family wishes privacy and any news of it publicly is stopped. Now, the more I read about this case, and seeing the search warrant and how it was released that it was not a "random murder," I shelved those thoughts because they didn't make sense. Still, it almost seems like something like that, and now with there being no "muder" listed on what is clearly a record of city homicides, well, quite frankly, it's odd.

ETA: I can't seem to find anything listed on it after 04/25, so maybe it's just a day short of being updated.
I see your point, yet how many people commit suicide by violently stabbing themselves? That's why suicide doesn't make sense to me in this case. Besides that, if it was suicide by self-stabbing, wouldn't LE be able to see that immediately at the scene? In that case, the whole situation wouldn't have even made the news.

Hoppy

SouthEastSleuth said:
There is some check taken via the search warrant, $1200ish, Matrix Capital. We have no idea how the check was made out: to or from the Abaroas, OR, if it had anything to do with the VX, or any other vehicle for that matter.... But, there was the check, nonetheless.
I'm sorry for jumping back in the discussion...but I looked again at the search warrant. In the comment below, it mentions an entire "checkbook from the kitchen" was taken. Which leads me to believe that the check was written from the Abaroas to Matrix Capital.

Here is the page I am reviewing: http://www.wral.com/slideshow/4444879/detail.html?qs=;s=11;w=800

juliagoulia said:
I'm sorry for jumping back in the discussion...but I looked again at the search warrant. In the comment below, it mentions an entire "checkbook from the kitchen" was taken. Which leads me to believe that the check was written from the Abaroas to Matrix Capital.

Here is the page I am reviewing: http://www.wral.com/slideshow/4444879/detail.html?qs=;s=11;w=800

who uses check number 0000309516? Thats an awfully high number for an avergae person to have.

Timex said:
who uses check number 0000309516? Thats an awfully high number for an avergae person to have.
But it wouldn't be an unusual check number for a business . . . like Matrix Capital.

So why would a financial institution be sending a check to the Abaroas for $1,200?

Jesstexas said:
But it wouldn't be an unusual check number for a business . . . like Matrix Capital.

So why would a financial institution be sending a check to the Abaroas for $1,200?

Just a thought, but what if it was a 401(k) payout or retirement fund from Eurosport ....

Jesstexas said:

Is Matrix Capital a loan company? If the check is from Matrix, maybe it was a personal loan?

Timex said:
DUH DUH DUH! You know, we have talked for days about that darn check. Well, I have anyway. And one thing we never knew was whether it was a check to the Abaroas, or, from the Abaroas (or potentially none of the above)....

That said, your point is well made. It would NOT be a check FROM the Abaroas. The check # is ridiculously high. Much more likely a corporate check number!!!!! So, PERHAPS, a check FROM Matrix Capital to the Abaroas, either singularly, or jointly.

Or, it COULD a check from Matrix to someone else all together I suppose. That might certainly justify why LE took the check as well!

golfmom said:
Just a thought, but what if it was a 401(k) payout or retirement fund from Eurosport ....
Anybody from Eurosport? Is Matrix a company Eurosport deals with?

LvsAMystry said:
You know, this brings back my initial suspicions on this case that I soon after discounted. Initially, when I viewed the sudden lack of press, the non-release of information, and whatever else, I began to have a sneaking suspicion that maybe what was initially termed a "murder" became something else -- yes, I was thinking suicide. Usually in those situations, the family wishes privacy and any news of it publicly is stopped. Now, the more I read about this case, and seeing the search warrant and how it was released that it was not a "random murder," I shelved those thoughts because they didn't make sense. Still, it almost seems like something like that, and now with there being no "muder" listed on what is clearly a record of city homicides, well, quite frankly, it's odd.

ETA: I can't seem to find anything listed on it after 04/25, so maybe it's just a day short of being updated.
Following up on my previous post, these are some statistics on suicide that are interesting. Note that "stabbing" doesn't even rate its own category. I'm understanding "cutting/piercing" to mean slitting ones wrists or something akin to that.

U.S. Suicide Statistics (2001)

Suicide Methods

Firearms 55.1% All Other Methods 49.9% (Hanging or Suffocation 20.2%, Poisoning 17.0%, Falls 2.1%, Cutting/Piercing 1.5%, Drowning 1.1%, Fire 0.5%) Source: CDC From www.preventsuicidenow.com

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
Suicide Methods

Firearms 55.1% All Other Methods 49.9% (Hanging or Suffocation 20.2%, Poisoning 17.0%, Falls 2.1%, Cutting/Piercing 1.5%, Drowning 1.1%, Fire 0.5%) Source: CDC From www.preventsuicidenow.com

Hoppy
Not to mention that LE hasn't said anything about a possible suicide...just murder.

SouthEastSleuth said:
On an entirely different and silly note, I have posted numerous times today, and I swear when I look back at them, oh, maybe 99% are filled with typos and words spelled incorrectly! YIKES! Sorry, guys. I start typing and I forget I'm not using something with spellcheck, etc.! LOL
.......wow..............lots of interaction goin' on today.....nice to log on and see that...!

.........SES.......had to reply to yours..........if i read a post of mine that DIDN'T have grammar/spelling mistakes, then i'd wonder...

...lj.

ewwwinteresting said:
...why would someone pick stabbing to commit suicide and then stab themselves in the hand, shoulder and then the chest?
We don't know for sure the number & locations of the stab wounds. While stabbing oneself is a very rare way to commit suicide, it has happened. And if no other weapons were available, it could happen.

golfmom said:
Would he be entitled to that money since embezzling from them?

JerseyGirl said:
We don't know for sure the number & locations of the stab wounds. While stabbing oneself is a very rare way to commit suicide, it has happened. And if no other weapons were available, it could happen.
Although I must say that it doesn't seem possible that someone would be able to successfully stab themselves to death while lying on their back.

JerseyGirl said:
i see what you're saying, and, again, anything seems possible in this case,but a suicide just doesn't make sense to me. If Janet were indeed seeking counsel from her local Mormon bishop about a divorce, then that says to me that she was in someway practicing her faith. Mormons are taught that suicide is a sin. It's taking control over your own fate and not letting God have a say. I can't see someone who is practicing her religion enough to seek a divorce from Raven through the "proper channels" in her church, actually committing suicide. imho.

Hmmm, where was the personal safe? It doesn't mention from where it was taken. It does say that it was locked & had no key. Does that mean that they didn't get a key because they collected it while no one was home? Or does that mean that Raven claimed that there was no key?

Also, it states that keys were taken but I seem to remember Raven not being there during the search. So were they Janet's keys? Raven probably had his with him. Why take them if they were Janet's? Is there any significance to them taking the keys?

anneshirley said:
i see what you're saying, and, again, anything seems possible in this case,but a suicide just doesn't make sense to me. If Janet were indeed seeking counsel from her local Mormon bishop about a divorce, then that says to me that she was in someway practicing her faith. Mormons are taught that suicide is a sin. It's taking control over your own fate and not letting God have a say. I can't see someone who is practicing her religion enough to seek a divorce from Raven through the "proper channels" in her church, actually committing suicide. imho.
I agree completely. I think that the possibility of suicide in Janet's case is non-existent. Especially considering how she was found.

Jenifred said:
This is at durhampolice.com. It's not working for you?
I clicked on the picture I first saw when I got to the site. It's a guy by the name of Tyrone Lacour. Apparently he's on the "ten most wanted" list for 1st degree murder of a man that was found in his own home on November 23, 2004. Lacour also has warrants for "obtaining property by false pretenses", "forgery", and "uttering".

First of all, what on Earth is uttering?

Second of all, while I'm sure that this guy must be FAR from Durham at this point, his criminal history combined with the murder of a man in that man's own home really made me curious. The victim's name is Dennis Wayne Rowe, and his address was in the 400 block of West Maynard Avenue. I have no idea where that is in relation to Janet's house, and I doubt VERY seriously that this same man would be responsible for Janet's murder 6 months later but you never know. I don't know how long this guy's been on the lam, (he's probably long gone by now), but I also don't know when it was realized that he was the suspect or when the warrant was issued.

ETA: For the sake of curiosity, I will check this out a bit in the morning. (Too tired to do it right now.)

#10 on the list is Joshua Lamont Fuller or Joshua Curtis Fuller (both names are on the site). "During the month of October 2004 (he) went on a crime spree of breaking and entering several residences in the Morreene Road area. He stole several items from the residences to include laptop computers among other items." 7 warrants for breaking & entering, 7 warrants for felonious breaking & entering, Order for Arrest for breaking and entering a motor vehicle to include theft of the motor vehicle and an additional warrant for breaking and entering of a motor vehicle.

Career criminal at the age of 19? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members