George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI! Stayed up way too late last night on this forum,got up in the wee hours of the morning,and was shocked by what had happened,during the night,I did not have time to post,before work,brought up a few snippets,at work,and cannot post while at work,so I am trying to burn the midnight oil,to catch up,but have caught a few comments,and I would like to say that IMO,we should leave the decision making,as to who George should or should not see,and what is good for him to George,and the medical professionals that are caring for him.We do not know what he feels for CA,and it is possible that he texted the two people he felt cared about him,and is devastated because maybe he thinks CA doesn't care for him--we just don't know.My heart is heavy over this,and if this post is a day late and a dollar short,I'm sorry,once I catch up on the threads of today I may feel very foolish.Again JMO.

I really hope he takes advantage of the help available to him at the moment. It would be reassuring to know people were helping him that didn't have dollar signs in their eyes. These professionals could really help him get his life back on track, if he lets them. Many people need at least grief counselling to help them get back on their feet after the loss of a loved one and it seems he's only been getting legal counsel so far!

Maybe it's not suspicious at all....

Don't you think that if George had to admit that Casey murdered Caylee then his life, his work, his family, would all be a huge failure. In his heart he can't think his own daughter, a child he loved, would murder her own daughter.

BUT, ask yourself this. If Caylee had been murdered by a stranger do you think George would still want to kill himself? I don't think so. He would be so full of anger you would have to make sure he didn't take out the perp himself. Not sitting in a motel like he did like night.

Now, take it a step further. Wouldn't George be FURIOUS that Casey had been wrongly accused of killing Caylee if this were the case? You bet he would. Not depressed but mad. Ready to fight for his beloved daughter.

But, if he left a note saying Casey did it then he knows his family would be ruined, he would be hated, and he wouldn't be there to help them.

The only thing that makes sense is George knows in his heart Casey did it and that is why he wants to end his life. His own daughter took away the most precious thing to him in the world. But, to save face and his family, even in the event of death George felt he couldn't speak the truth.

All of this is my opinion of course.

The last thing he could do for his family. Great points! Great insight!

IF he was genuinely suicidal, that is sad and I really hope he gets the help he needs, because I think he has some very tough things he will need to deal with and NO ONE wants to see him die. I don't want to see Casey die either, I am not a death penalty believer.

But if he has committed crimes related to the death of a baby, I do want the justice system to deal with him for it. I've seen many people who have committed terrible offences attempt to get out of it by "attempting suicide" and I think he should be treated the same way as any other criminal, IF he has committed crimes in relation to Caylee's disappearance. Do you think it's awful to want to see those who commit crimes involving children dealt with in accordance with the law or do you think we should leave them alone and forget about it if they "attempt suicide"? The Court can take the suicide attempt into account as an indicator of remorse on his sentence, the same way they would with anyone else. To me, this is only about Caylee. She is the baby and the real victim.

Your post bolded by me.

I'm sorry, but I didn't know GA was accused of commiting a crime. I need to go search some other posts. I'm speechless. :blowkiss:

The only thing that makes sense is George knows in his heart Casey did it and that is why he wants to end his life. His own daughter took away the most precious thing to him in the world. But, to save face and his family, even in the event of death George felt he couldn't speak the truth.

*respectfully snipped*

And, as difficult as it might be for us to understand, he still loves Casey. He wouldn't want to die and have her take the rap for yet another death. I posted this morning that I lost two very close loved ones to suicide recently. The last one was just two months ago. Some nights I lurk here for hours on end to distract myself. I won't elaborate, but Tricia's post reminded me of something that fits here.

When my loved one died in November, he left a one line note stating that "something" drove him to take his life. It seemed so odd, but anyone close to this person would know that the "something" was named so that "someone" would not be implicated. He loved and wanted to protect "someone". I think George felt that way, too.

I'm sorry to be so cryptic. Hope my point comes across.

Your post bolded by me.

I'm sorry, but I didn't know GA was accused of commiting a crime. I need to go search some other posts. I'm speechless. :blowkiss:

He has refused to assist with the murder investigation into his own granddaughter, his own flesh and blood, a baby, unless granted immunity. I'd have to think it's a real possibility he's committed a crime as this is not a routine request made on behalf of parents of a murder victim, no matter what BC is trying to tell us.

In any event, I said "if" he committed a crime. Are you seriously suggesting this is the first time you've heard anyone say they believe he was involved in helping cover up for Casey? I can assure you there are lots of people discussing the possibility.

YOu know what? If I were George, whether I had been serious about suicide or just needing some down time, I would sit up there and eat jello for a week and then decide what to do next.

Me too Lance. Just eat jello, maybe some soup, let others take care of me, and let my mind rest.

I think George's mind needs a rest . . . it's been a long time since July.

Don't you think that if George had to admit that Casey murdered Caylee then his life, his work, his family, would all be a huge failure. In his heart he can't think his own daughter, a child he loved, would murder her own daughter.

BUT, ask yourself this. If Caylee had been murdered by a stranger do you think George would still want to kill himself? I don't think so. He would be so full of anger you would have to make sure he didn't take out the perp himself. Not sitting in a motel like he did like night.

Now, take it a step further. Wouldn't George be FURIOUS that Casey had been wrongly accused of killing Caylee if this were the case? You bet he would. Not depressed but mad. Ready to fight for his beloved daughter.

But, if he left a note saying Casey did it then he knows his family would be ruined, he would be hated, and he wouldn't be there to help them.

Great post and perfectly logical. The only thing that I would add would be that if it were me I would also be furious at Casey. Like I told my wife, though, if GA were the kind of father that would lean hard on KC for the truth, KC might not have grown up to be the sociopath that she is. Kind of a "chicken/egg" thing. JMHO.

*respectfully snipped*

And, as difficult as it might be for us to understand, he still loves Casey. He wouldn't want to die and have her take the rap for yet another death. I posted this morning that I lost two very close loved ones to suicide recently. The last one was just two months ago. Some nights I lurk here for hours on end to distract myself. I won't elaborate, but Tricia's post reminded me of something that fits here.

When my loved one died in November, he left a one line note stating that "something" drove him to take his life. It seemed so odd, but anyone close to this person would know that the "something" was named so that "someone" would not be implicated. He loved and wanted to protect "someone". I think George felt that way, too.

I am so sorry for your losses. You poor thing. I really hope George doesn't feel that way...Casey is not worth dying for to save. If she were guilty, and found not guilty, she is certainly capable of doing this again. I hope he understands that.

Me too Lance. Just eat jello, maybe some soup, let others take care of me, and let my mind rest.

I think George's mind needs a rest . . . it's been a long time since July.
Yes it has! And he has been carrying alot on his shoulders. He is the father, the man of the family. They have been trying to put up a unified front and he has tried to assume that role. No time to be human, to grieve, always on point, always doing the spin, no time to think and no one to talk to. You can see it in the interviews he does with LE. He was a regular chatty cathy. It was sad to watch.
I think whether he really meant to off himself or not, he did need someone to hear him and just him. No cameras, no microphone, just George, using his indoor voice.

Just as a quick aside to all of you that can follow the fairly simple rules here about not attacking each other .....THANK YOU!

Never understood why someone would want to be a mod. Lots of work and heartache, and little pleasure or appreciation. All I can say is "THANK YOU" for doing a job I wouldn't do if I was PAID for it!!!

:blowkiss:

First I have to say I am so happy George has not succeeded in taking his life. I am worried about him going forward because there are only going to be more motions, discovery and drama as long as there is a trial on the horizon. I know that if Casey had gotten sound legal advice from an attorney that was doing his best for his client she would have pleaded a long time ago. Instead, she has an attorney that is hungry for publicity and wants to rub shoulders with big name attorneys and experts. He is dragging this case out for this purpose. If Casey had a responsible attorney explain to her what a gamble she was taking by going to trial, she might listen.

The trial is going to bring out more evidence that will continue to paint a picture to her family of what really happened only in a long and drawn out process. So there, of course I blame Casey first and foremost for the torture she has put her family through, but her attorney needs to look at the lousy job he has done so far and how many people's lives are being turned upside down so he can have his day in court.

I find this curious....

I assume that if he has been involuntarily committed, they will not release him if they believe he is genuinely capable of hurting himself/suicidal??

So, why in the press conference today, was BC on the one hand saying George would have gone through with it but for LE arriving, and on the other hand he seemed so confident GA would not be kept there and would be released quickly?

And I'm still wondering where this "recuscitation" story came from...LE have made it clear they didn't have to do anything of that nature. Could someone have been trying to make it sound worse than it was? How could it get so mixed up when the news was apparently from credible sources, unless someone close to it all gave them the wrong info?

Under the Baker Act they can keep you for up to 72 hours, but many people are stabilized much more quickly, and are released long before the 3-day limit is up, since they are no longer considered a danger to themselves or others. I wouldn't be surprised if BC is assuming this will be the case here.

The recuscitation story came from Friday. She was getting her info from TM, who was in Tx, so I suspect there was simply a miscommunication somewhere. Clearly he was well-enough that they trasported him via police car, rather than ambulance, so obviously no recuscitation took place.

*respectfully snipped*

I see your point clearly Bessie, and think you may have something there. To say anything other than he did not think Casey was responsible would be a hammer blow to any defense of Casey, and I'm sure George was fully aware of that fact.

To suffer such a loss twice within a short time period must have been a horrible thing to endure, and I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my mother to suicide, and know how that jumbles the feelings of the loss even more with little fleeting thoughts of "I wonder if I had done this" that whirl around your brain in the lonely late night hours.

Not unlike the thoughts that whirl in George and Cindy's brain late at night I bet.

I see no other place to post this but there was great coverage tonight on Larry King Live about GA . Mark Garagos (sp ) and Dr. Phil, a lot of good insight on the show. I hope George is able to make it to the end of the trial and I wish it could be hurried along for his sake.

Excellent post, Tricia! ITA! And your point about anger vs. depression is spot on!
Ive felt really really badly for George today... And regretful for things I may have thought about him in the past.. The bottom line is.. his entire world has fallen apart.... Regardless of what we may or may not think of KC.. She IS George and Cindy's daughter.. and they will always love her.. even if they know deep down what she did. THATS what a parent is supposed to feel for a child... unconditional love. They may hate the actions of their child.. but they always love them. Heck.. look at Jeffrey Dahmer's father.. he continued to profess his love for Jeffrey.. even tho he was appalled by his crimes. and its got to be way worse when someone you love is harmed by another that you love..
I cannot even begin to imagine what GA has been thru.. his beloved Caylee is gone.. and at the hands of his own daughter.. Im sure everyday he tries to think of what he did that may of caused KC to become the monster she is.. if there was anything he could have done to prevent all this.. etc.. HUGE inner conflict, Im sure.. between what his "head" knows.. and what his "heart" wants . Its just such a sad sad situation.. When I heard on one of the shows tonight about how he would pull Caylee around the neighborhood in her little wagon... I busted into tears..
I just hope and pray he gets the help he needs.. Cindy too..

Under the Baker Act they can keep you for up to 72 hours, but many people are stabilized much more quickly, and are released long before the 3-day limit is up, since they are no longer considered a danger to themselves or others. I wouldn't be surprised if BC is assuming this will be the case here.

The recuscitation story came from Friday. She was getting her info from TM, who was in Tx, so I suspect there was simply a miscommunication somewhere. Clearly he was well-enough that they trasported him via police car, rather than ambulance, so obviously no recuscitation took place.

Pretty serious miscommunication...big difference between "he drank 8 beers and had some pizza and walked on his own to a police car, without an ambulance attendant in sight", to "he was resuscitated"! I'm not suggesting for a second that TM or Friday were being dishonest, I don't think they are at all. But I do wonder if the information filtered to them through a few people and if someone did tell them that.

ETA...thank you for the info re the Baker Act. So, I assume the bottom line is that they won't let him go if they think he is capable of harming himself? I hope not!

Something was mentioned about George applying for a job Thursday. If he was treated badly at an interview due to all this, I can see that making him even more depressed and upset. I imagine the family is in dire financial straits by now and I can't imagine having that worry along with murder of a grandchild and a daughter in jail.

Something was mentioned about George applying for a job Thursday. If he was treated badly at an interview due to all this, I can see that making him even more depressed and upset. I imagine the family is in dire financial straits by now and I can't imagine having that worry along with murder of a grandchild and a daughter in jail.
I believe BC said on Greta that he never went to the interview, that it was in Orlando and he went to Daytona instead.

Originally posted by sleutheontheside:

"May I add...... FWIW I don't believe this was a "cry for help" or just for "attention / distraction". GA's pain is very evident, measurable, and has been mounting since day 1 !! As obsessed as I am with this case (and as many other WS are too) I do feel a bit of guilt myself as my personal "voyeurism" into their private lives combined with everyone elses has no doubt contributed to his despair. Respectfully, I pledge here.... no discussion of any Anthony family member by me except for the one sitting in jail. . . ."

Ditto for me--to include the acknowledgment of no entitlement to know the
content of anyone's suicide note--unless addressed specifically to me.

There is absolutely positively no way that this was some sort of scam. I know you guys are just trying to 'sleuth here but you guys are forgetting that from the very start George and Cindy have been in denial. Infact, they have been in so much denial that they have denied being in denial.

As much as you guys would like to think differently, if you had a child that committed a heinous crime, it would be really hard for you to just up and disown them in a heart beat. That is why they are denying everything. They don't want to believe Casey killed her daughter. It's easier for them that way because they can still "keep her". They don't want to break up their family anymore than it already has been. Respect that and let them hold onto their denial until they are ready to face the truth.

You don't just unlove someone overnight. I can totally understand why George tried to commit suicide. His life, as he knew it, is ruined. He knows he is going to lose Casey and he already lost Caylee. His marriage is probably so far on the rocks that there is no saving it. He feels like he has nothing left to live for and that, is horrible. No one should be tied to a cross and persecuted when they are depressed like this. Doing so is cruel.

I just wish sometimes people would stop and think about what they are saying before they post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico