George Michael Dies

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This concert is fabulous - recorded I believe in September 2012. It's an hour long but I highly recommend it.
It was on tv here on Wednesday night and I cried nearly all the way through it. Such a dreadful loss of a wonderful talent.

Apologies in advance to anyone who may not be able to view this YT vid, I'm in the UK and can see it but I know sometimes YT is restricted to certain global areas.
(If you can't view it in your area try Google 'George Michael Opera Garnier'.)

[video=youtube;iboh68QMcRU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iboh68QMcRU[/video]

[video=youtube;CHb2XYeXcJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHb2XYeXcJI[/video]

My favorite, too!

This concert is fabulous - recorded I believe in September 2012. It's an hour long but I highly recommend it.
It was on tv here on Wednesday night and I cried nearly all the way through it. Such a dreadful loss of a wonderful talent.

Apologies in advance to anyone who may not be able to view this YT vid, I'm in the UK and can see it but I know sometimes YT is restricted to certain global areas.
(If you can't view it in your area try Google 'George Michael Opera Garnier'.)

[video=youtube;iboh68QMcRU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iboh68QMcRU[/video]

I can watch it, and it's beautiful! Thank you for that!

And he looked slim and healthy then.

When was his last public performance, does anyone know?

I watched a couple of documentaries and he was on so many levels a tortured soul.

Doctor on Good morning America said the same thing a earlier post here said, heart failure is the final entity - however there is causation .

Hey I do not judge . Being found on Christmas day is not just an "occurrence"

"Christmas" comes up much in his life.....

[video=youtube;qCzjjLTTJS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzjjLTTJS8[/video]

MOO

Fascinating to watch his musical mind at work!

around 35:10 it starts neat !

[video=youtube;zMSmOJH9cvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMSmOJH9cvE[/video]

My guess is accidental overdose of sleeping pill(s) combined with other prescribed meds. I say this because no defect of the heart was found upon autopsy combined with one of his driving under the influence incidents was due to sleeping pills. Or at least that's what George himself said in a recorded interview.

I am talking sleep meds of the Ambien type taken on top of perhaps an anti-depressant and an anti-anxiety agent and perhaps a glass of wine or two. Plus who knows what else - maybe an anti-histamine for allergies, a cold medication for a cold coming on. The older we get the less our system can handle a combination of substances that we might have handled when we were younger. Plus if the system is already weakened with an illness, the patient becomes even more vulnerable.

If this is what happened, I hope that his family will allow the information to be made public.

I don't want it to be suicide. And I don't think it was. Because the boyfriend who found him said he was laying there "peacefully". That description does not fit with a suicide, but does fit with an accidental overdose.

Rest in Peace, George.

A terrific interview which displays the aplomb and grace he displayed in dealing with the arrest

[video=youtube;mKIK-bq4h78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKIK-bq4h78[/video]

He was amazingly complicated.

My guess is accidental overdose of sleeping pill(s) combined with other prescribed meds. I say this because no defect of the heart was found upon autopsy combined with one of his driving under the influence incidents was due to sleeping pills. Or at least that's what George himself said in a recorded interview.

I am talking sleep meds of the Ambien type taken on top of perhaps an anti-depressant and an anti-anxiety agent and perhaps a glass of wine or two. Plus who knows what else - maybe an anti-histamine for allergies, a cold medication for a cold coming on. The older we get the less our system can handle a combination of substances that we might have handled when we were younger. Plus if the system is already weakened with an illness, the patient becomes even more vulnerable.

If this is what happened, I hope that his family will allow the information to be made public.

I don't want it to be suicide. And I don't think it was. Because the boyfriend who found him said he was laying there "peacefully". That description does not fit with a suicide, but does fit with an accidental overdose.

Rest in Peace, George.

Hi you!!

Loved the way you worded this ! Lets say (ha) I take Lunesta!

I think he had decided way before , this year that he was leaving this Chrismas. I am not sure what you mean by what an overdose would look like.

I think there certainly was vanity, like in his legacy he is not going use a gun. I think he wanted to quietly go. I think going to sleep and not waking up is as peaceful as one can successfully complete.

I pretty well crossed over into purposeful, w when I learned that he had a family history of depression, had a family history of suicides, (three IIRC) that is huge, clinically

THe family intial statement IMO was just off. And as time progressed we learned more details surrounding him being located.

At some point I imagine them being freaked out - it was CHrismas day, not sure where everyone is - that has got to be a pretty awful thing to on Chrismas morning to have to be notifying people that loved him on Dec 25

That is quite an ordeal for folks that do Christmas. Really could not think of a worse day or time .

Carrie Fishers mom was also just stunning in terms of timing as well. I saw it on the left here on most recent thread replies.

If i first would have heard on media - I would click on another outlet - not here, we dont mess up details like they do daily!

so it was like bam .

A terrific interview which displays the aplomb and grace he displayed in dealing with the arrest

[video=youtube;mKIK-bq4h78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKIK-bq4h78[/video]

He was amazingly complicated.

Bbm: yes he was. And delightful! I love this, he makes the hot seat look like fun. His song Outside and the video which I never saw until way later was such a brilliant response, too.

I can watch it, and it's beautiful! Thank you for that!

And he looked slim and healthy then.

When was his last public performance, does anyone know?

He does look very healthy on that video. It was filmed after his serious illness in 2011 when he was hospitalised for quite some time.
I believe I said upthread that he was hospitalised in Switzerland, it was actually in Austria.

I was reluctant to post media links about it earlier because all sorts of stories were being told in the press here. But there's an interview here:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/dec/23/george-michael-close-death-pneumonia

Later in 2012 he performed at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics which was in mid August.

I'm not sure when his last public performance was but I have a feeling it was in London in October 2012.

I am not making the distinction? Like I would think he would not want his legacy to be known to have ended that way.

Rest in Peace, George.

Cariis: Suicides by deliberate overdose of pills usually take a large amount of pills in order to insure that they "get the job done". So, rather than taking, say, two or three sleeping pills, they will take 10 or 12 or more sleeping pills. Oftentimes ingestion of a high amount of a substance will result in regurgitation. Not always, but often enough that the scene encountered by the person who finds them does not look "peaceful".

Partially digested capsules or pills are often found in the stomach of suicides. Because they have taken such a large dose of whatever, that the stomach begins to break down the pills and the body begins to metabolize the substance and as soon as a toxic enough dose is metabolized the patient dies. Thus leaving the remaineder of the undigested, non-metabolized pills in the stomach. To be seen at autopsy.

On the contrary, an accidental overdose will show a level of substance(s) that are not all that high - not "off the charts" - but they will be into the lethal range. The toxicology report will provide the definitive information regarding suicide or not.

------------------

I am aware of George's long history of clinical depression and that he had an uncle who had committed suicide, supposedly on the day he was born. His mother's brother, I believe. I personally did not read of any other family suicides, but that does not mean there weren't any more.

Being the sweetheart that he was all of his life, I would find it doubtful that George would choose to be found dead in bed on Christmas morning, knowing how it would affect his family members and loved ones.

And that's another reason I think it was accidental overdose if not by natural causes.

very mixed feelings - london is ahead of us - they are playing George Michael at their big event--i don't know-- his music was amazing---- but i really don't know --- hearing him in the background was not really good for me

I hardly feel like dancing to his gifts today I get it , but tonight I just don't think so

moo

lets hope the world gets through this without ...................

Cariis: Suicides by deliberate overdose of pills usually take a large amount of pills in order to insure that they "get the job done". So, rather than taking, say, two or three sleeping pills, they will take 10 or 12 or more sleeping pills. Oftentimes ingestion of a high amount of a substance will result in regurgitation. Not always, but often enough that the scene encountered by the person who finds them does not look "peaceful".

Partially digested capsules or pills are often found in the stomach of suicides. Because they have taken such a large dose of whatever, that the stomach begins to break down the pills and the body begins to metabolize the substance and as soon as a toxic enough dose is metabolized the patient dies. Thus leaving the remaineder of the undigested, non-metabolized pills in the stomach. To be seen at autopsy.

On the contrary, an accidental overdose will show a level of substance(s) that are not all that high - not "off the charts" - but they will be into the lethal range. The toxicology report will provide the definitive information regarding suicide or not.

TY! that was helpful my dear!

Oh, no! The hairdresser boyfriend who found George dead in his bed was apparently doing what may have been "drunk tweeting" last evening. He tweeted that George had tried to kill himself numerous times and that "he (George) only wanted to DIE".

I question that George had "tried" to kill himself numerous times. Because with the access he had to drugs he surely could have successfully killed himself if he had wanted to.

^^^ I saw that headline too. ^^^
I agree and also question the validity of some of this sensational news being published. Was BF twitter account hacked? Or, was he going off the rails?

GM had the ways and means to end it all, anytime. Though sometimes I have wondered - he's very accident prone. Even though I speculate because I don't know the man, I'd find it hard to accept or believe given there's a very sweet nature that shines through in him.

Still, the holidays can be very rough sometimes, and yet he had projects in the works; film and music...

^^^ I saw that headline too. ^^^
I agree and also question the validity of some of this sensational news being published. Was BF twitter account hacked? Or, was he going off the rails?

GM had the ways and means to end it all, anytime. Though sometimes I have wondered - he's very accident prone. Even though I speculate because I don't know the man, I'd find it hard to accept or believe given there's a very sweet nature that shines through in him.

Still, the holidays can be very rough sometimes, and yet he had projects in the works; film and music...

I hadn't seen anything about this until I read AlwaysShocked's post above. Had a look to see if any our media here had picked it up and can find limited reference to it. Only one (when I looked) MSM report from a tabloid which was saying the Twitter account must have 'been hacked'.

Unfortunately I think that people who have a very sweet nature can be particularly prone to a deep sadness within. Often they seem to be so intensely focused on other people's needs, and making others happy, that their own needs and happiness get left behind. I do hope this wasn't the case with GM.

Boyfriend Fadi (who found George) has now made a statement that his twitter account was hacked and that he did not make those tweets.

Wow, it is really amazing how hackers get into peoples' twitter accounts and send inappropriate twitters out!

Boyfriend has now closed both his Twitter and his Facebook accounts, per tmz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back