George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with the law, however, there is nothing, no evidence that supports GZ's account of how he came to believe he was in enough danger to justify killing TM, IMO.

In fact, evidence pointed to the opposite of GZ's account, that TM did not have much physical contact with GZ, no GZ DNA *at all* on TM.

The law is not a problem, it is GZ's account and the evidence that pointed to the contrary, that is the problem. Evidence does not support GZ's claim of his "belief", IMO.

Quite so.

It still does NOT negate the fact that according to her testimony.. TM said to GZ "get off, get off" IMO.. TM could have approached GZ to find out why he was following him (totally legal) BUT as soon as one person put their hands on the other.. THAT'S when the confrontation started. IMO.. GZ started the altercation.

That is up to the jury to decide. For me that part of her testimony has options considering that at this point, She thought it was just a fight..

Dear Mods: when the case is finished, can we have a poll as to guilty, not guilty, undecided? Maybe one where we can also state the reason we voted the way we did.

Thanks!

very creative of you:

a displaced nose, a lacerated scalp, a battered skull, together with an eyewitness who stated flat out that TM was sitting on top of GZ and pummeling him.

all of this is "only suggestions". not clear evidence.

what are these things suggestions of, to you????

IMO, that's what it "looks" like to you, so far, an ME testified *under oath*, reputation at stake, that GZ's injuries were *minor*. IMO, until a medical expert testifies under oath to a "battered skull", etc., the said creativity's all yours, I am only going on expert testimony. IMO

IIRC, Dt Serino found some parts hard to believe but felt he "had to accept it" due to the lack of other witnesses. Far cry from saying he found Zimmerman credible, IMHO.

He sounds incompetent to me. What experienced detective would just take the word of a suspect because he doesn't immediately have contradictory evidence?

According to me, the fact of inconsistency in GZs own statements should have *ensured* he investigated thoroughly.

I'm not a moderator nor do I play one on television, but I believe that post ended with IMO. I agree that most likely that is what would have happened. I think most if not all of us are making statements which are clearly, whether indicated or not, our opinions.

If you look at my signature, I have plainly put that for the Zimmerman trial all posts are my opinion except where there is a link. :)

What some people seem to be looking passed with the debate to whether it was GZ or TM screaming and crying is that the screams stopped as soon as the gun went off. If it was GZ why was he so calm and collected,as witnesses have stated after the conflict had ended? Has there been any witness who claimed Zimmerman looked shaken up, flustered, or looked like he had been crying. His eyes showed no signs of crying in the pic with the bloody nose.The only puffy thing on him was his nose... his eyes looked normal. The person that was wailing was in auguish and was not just yelling help, they seemed to be crying. And GZ claimed he didn't know he had killed TM, so what happened to the crying for help? Jmo

OT: I NEVER want to be a witness at a trial!! These people get beat up SO badly!! ;)

The defense and Zimmerman knew that Donnelly was in court prior to his testimony. To me, that shows their utter disregard to the rules of the court and deception on GZ's part. He knew his friend, who bought him all the suits, was in court those TWO days!

MOO

I must have missed this development. Can you please explain further or provide a link where I can read more? Thanks.

Mom23 and Angelwings,
Once a witness has been excused, they CAN legally sit in the courtroom.

If they are to be recalled later, they may not.

The animation guy's eye blinking is IMO kinda strange. It is probably a neurological tic, but it is distracting. Anyone notice it?

Most defendants don't take the stand. Does this mean they're guilty? According to the law, no.

As I said, the judge will instruct the jury to not consider the failure to testify as evidence of guilt. The judge, of course, goes "According to the law." IMO

IMO this cartoon image witness guy wasn't the best idea. There may be some good science involved but it just seems silly and pointless. IMO.

What some people seem to be looking passed with the debate to whether it was GZ or TM screaming and crying is that the screams stopped as soon as the gun went off. If it was GZ why was he so calm and collected,as witnesses have stated after the conflict had ended? Has there been any witness who claimed Zimmerman looked shaken up, flustered, or looked like he had been crying. His eyes showed no signs of crying in the pic with the bloody nose.The only puffy thing on him was his nose... his eyes looked normal. The person that was wailing was in auguish and was not just yelling help, they seemed to be crying. And GZ claimed he didn't know he had killed TM, so what happened to the crying for help? Jmo

I think it was GZ because the neighbor said he was yelling At him.. HELP! HELP me and that he went into to call 911 and then the shot rang out. I believe he stopped screaming once he realized he was safe.

Wow.. THIS is an excellent point!

Yes, and the most critical part, IMO, is that it appears GZ will not testify so he will not be challenged by the State. The jury will be instructed not to take the fact that he didn't take the stand as evidence of anything. But I'm not on the jury and I take it as evidence that he couldn't withstand a cross-examination on the facts of the incident nor his obviously false story about it. If he were at fault, and I am 100% convinced that he was, he certainly would not admit it, but make up a story to cover his actions as being self-defense. And I believe that's what he did. If not, get on the stand and back up the story. IMO

Being cross-eximined is not a good idea unless you are losing the case badly. People don't understand how easy is it is to impugn an innocent witness with previous mistatements. People think that if someone is innocent that they should take the stand to prove their innocence, but many people convicted by circumstancial evidence took the stand only to weaken their case. They were telling the truth and only later were exonerated due to DNA evidence later discovered. People think memory and recollection are much more infallible than they actually are. You may recollect something and forget to mention something or remember it incorrectly one time. It looks like you are lying when you are just showing your fallibility as a human. IMO

The defense and Zimmerman knew that Donnelly was in court prior to his testimony. To me, that shows their utter disregard to the rules of the court and deception on GZ's part. He knew his friend, who bought him all the suits, was in court those TWO days!

MOO

Then BDLR should request a mistrial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members