Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the family was given a narrative to follow. Imo

Agree. I will not post my specific opinions about that on here because it speculates about the family's actions, and I really don't want to do that.

I have my own reasons to believe that the narrative is not exactly what happened that night.

IMO

Only if you're sworn in to testify. Closing argument is not evidence, the attorneys don't tell the truth here, IMO.

It's a problem if it's found to be so egregious as to violate the defendant's right to due process. jmo

eta: oh, and lawyers are never supposed to lie in court, all other things aside. Not, jmo

I was born in Miami, not all of our inhabitants are murders and drug addicts. IMO

Did BDLR just say that GZ outran TM and cut him off? MOO.

Not in evidence. In fact he calls GZ names during the call to RJ. He was not in fear. To me it sounds like he felt that GZ was a joke and. or was mad.

AS per state witness RJ.

RJ also testified that Trayvon was being followed and he said "GET OFF, GET OFF." Doesn't sound like self-defense. Sounds like Trayvon wanted GZ to GET OFF of him. If someone was "on" me, I would sock them in the nose too. IMO

Please remember to add, "In My Opinion", or "IMO" to your posts that are not backed up by fact with a link.

I hope Zimmerman is convicted of at least manslaughter. He may have a legal defense but its a twisting of the intent of the law IMO. Morally and ethically he is guilty of murder. IMO

Listen. I want him to wrap this up for me and convince me with the evidence and show me that GZ wanted to kill TM.

Im waiting still...

I hope Zimmerman is convicted of at least manslaughter. He may have a legal defense but its a twisting of the intent of the law IMO. Morally and ethically he is guilty of murder. IMO

If he has a legal defense that is not twisting the law. That is making sure that a man innocent of the crime is not convicted.

I get the emotion but that is not what this case is. It is about what the state can prove with evidence and facts.

You had it right the first time BDLR. MOO.

I feel like I could turn off the computer, come back at 2 hours and 59 minutes and not miss anything in this closing argument. IMO.

The bigger man on top... 5'11 with a big hoodie hanging in front of him on top.

GZ 5'7 on the bottom..

That fits..

No. The witness was clear that the "bigger man on top" was Zimmerman. She even clarified that he was the one who got up. Martin never got up.

"Both witnesses claimed that the “bigger man” was on top was especially troubling. Martin was 5’11” and 158 pounds according to autopsy measurements, while Zimmerman was estimated to be 5’7” to 5’8” and 185 to 200 pounds. Zimmerman was from 27 to 42 pounds heavier that Martin at the time of their confrontation. The bigger man. The witnesses testimony was somewhat tempered during cross, when one admitted that she based her “bigger man” theory on older photos of Zimmerman and Martin.
The defense’s euphoria didn’t last long. On redirect, the witness was asked squarely if the bigger man was the one who got up from the confrontation. She said yes. That was the money shot, and it was deadly.
Her testimony corroborated the testimony of the prior witness who also claimed that Zimmerman was on top during the scrum. The defense tried to show that her timeline was off, that Martin was on top, then once he was shot, Zimmerman rolled to the top position. The witness was having none of it."
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/06/ralph/the-zimmerman-case-day-three/

Edited to add a quote and a link. I wish I had a transcript or video, but there doesn't seem to be one available; only reports of what was said in court.

The elephant in the room for me is this meeting in the mayors office.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this meeting not only took place but that there is no transcript whatsoever of what went on in that office.

I can only come up with one thing and that's collusion.

:maddening:

IMO MOO

I find this statement troubling...did GZ make a similar judgment? And he judged wrong, TM was no criminal. He was a normal kid heading home to watch a game, he did not deserve to die, IMO.

That's what Chris Serino pretty much alluded to:
He was even tipped off that GZ was trying to detain TM.
However, in a February 29 interview, Serino expresses some doubt about Zimmerman's account, noting that many questions remain about the incident.

"The court of public opinion is going to beat up on you a lot," Serino said. "A lot of people don't think that your injuries are consistent with getting into a life-threatening type thing."

Martin, Serino said, "has no criminal record whatsoever. Good kid. Mild-mannered kid."

In his possession, Serino said, "we found a can of iced tea and a bag of Skittles and about $40 in cash. Not a goon."

He tells Zimmerman he has received an anonymous phone call "from somebody who gave a different version of events ... more along the lines that you tried to detain him," and recounting an argument prior to the shooting.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting

RJ also testified that Trayvon was being followed and he said "GET OFF, GET OFF." Doesn't sound like self-defense. Sounds like Trayvon wanted GZ to GET OFF of him. If someone was "on" me, I would sock them in the nose too. IMO

I don't know that that was TM. She said she heard Get off but listening to GZ voice I believe it was GZ saying that. Not TM. Especially when it was TM that approached GZ.

So he should be legally convicted on moral grounds?

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member