George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back up your theory with evidence

Where's the evidence that George harassed, followed & detained Trayvon?

The state said in their opening George wanted to kill Trayvon and it's day four and they have yet to provide any evidence at all that this is what happened.

My point was it makes no difference if he was a guest or a resident. None. Zero.

Since George was with gun he was fearless. If he had no gun the confrontation would never have happened.

Since George was with gun he was fearless. If he had no gun the confrontation would never have happened.

He had a legal right to carry his gun, He has a legal CCC permit.

This is a fact

I still believe DeeDee's statement. How would one describe wet grass? Hard to describe but she knows it was wet grass. If you walk on wet grass you can hear it but trying to describe it would be difficult. :twocents:

[modsnip]
He was a free citizen of the United States. That gives him the legal right to walk to the dang store and back without being harassed, followed, detained or killed.

[modsnip]

May I add that he was more than a guest he was visiting his mother to be and his dad. I think it's great that a kid that age was trying to get along with his step mother to be and wanted to be with his dad. I hope that my family views me more than a guest. From what I understand he went to the store for his little brother. I'm not sure if that was his step brother or biological brother, but he was being a good big brother either way.

"It could have been fabric. It could have been wind."

That's what I posted last night! There is no way she could have known the sound because she is, presumably, not sensory disabled and is accustomed to multisensory input. She would have be trained in unimodal perception in order to be somewhat (not 100%, but somewhat more) accurate in recognizing elements by audio alone. JMO, OMO, MOO because I don't feel like linking a bunch of scientific studies that no one is going to read.

I still believe DeeDee's statement. How would one describe wet grass? Hard to describe but she knows it was wet grass. If you walk on wet grass you can hear it but trying to describe it would be difficult. :twocents:

Over the phone though? I don't know...

A lot of people have asked why Treyvon didn't just continue home. Remember how George told the operator he didn't want to give out his address because he didn't know where the suspicious person was? Maybe Treyvon decided not to go on home and into his house since this person was following him that he had no idea who he was. Just a thought.

TX, I agree this could be a possible reason TM *may* not have heading straight home. (IMO, there is no way of knowing whether this is the case or not, that he did, or did not head straight home).

What I am finding difficult to understand, is why some people think this has anything to do with the crime.

It sounds as if some think that it is TM's fault he is dead because he didn't walk faster.

This is a point of view I cannot find any way to relate to or understand on any level.

Somehow it is ok that GZ is following someone who has done nothing wrong, carrying a gun, and I guess he would not have had to shoot TM if TM had just gotten home sooner.

:truce:

He may not know the 911 call was recorded...however, he knew there were MANY eye witnesses that heard those screams. He had to explain where they would have come from - whether they were Trayvon or himself.

There is in fact evidence he continued to follow him. He said "OK" to the "we don't need you to do that" 20 seconds after he left his car.

However, he stayed on the for for another 90 seconds. If he had not followed him, he would have already been back in the safety of his car for over a minute.

We know, if my timeline is correct, over 2 minutes later, Trayvon was shot.

And GZ was NO WHERE NEAR his car!!!

So where was he all that time? If my math adds up and my timeline is correct, that's over 3 minutes.

Except as pointed out, 20 seconds after he left his car he told the 911 operator "OK" to not following.

Clearly, he didn't follow 911 instructions. Clearly, the evidence shows he was still following.

And of course, this witness stated TM told her a creepy blah blah was following him.

If you haven't viewed the 12 minute video taken the day after the incident, it would be a good point of reference to answer some of the questions you've raised. It was shot during the daytime, and it was easy to see the grounds and surrounding area.

Over the phone though? I don't know...

It would be impossible IMO. A person accustomed to multisensory input (i.e., not sensory disabled) must be trained in unimodal recognition. We actually use all our senses together in perceiving the world.

TX, I agree this could be a possible reason TM *may* not have heading straight home. (IMO, there is no way of knowing whether this is the case or not, that he did, or did not head straight home).

What I am finding difficult to understand, is why some people think this has anything to do with the crime.

It sounds as if some think that it is TM's fault he is dead because he didn't walk faster.

This is a point of view I cannot find any way to relate to or understand on any level.

Somehow it is ok that GZ is following someone who has done nothing wrong, carrying a gun, and I guess he would not have had to shoot TM if TM had just gotten home sooner.

:truce:

BBM

It's relevant because it opens the possibility that TM was not in fact, hiding from anyone but circling around to confront GZ.

That's great, Linda, if you live in a community with sufficient law enforcement to respond. I don't. As an example, it often takes days for the police to respond to residential burglaries. Auto thefts don't get responded to at all. You have to make a report of them by telephone. My neighbors not only participate in neighborhood watch but we are now considering hiring a private security patrol because the police simply cannot handle the levels of crime here.

Except that wasn't the case in this neighborhood. Law Enforcement responded in less than 5 minutes from the time of GZ's original call, if again, my timeline adds up.

I think she was referring to the prosecutor.

He had asked her about all the people who'd been present at her deposition. She didn't know everyone by name and described one man as a bald guy then said 'no offense' to the bald prosecutor.

My point was it makes no difference if he was a guest or a resident. None. Zero.

But it does in this situation, imo. There was an African American Male in a neighborhood that had been frequently burglarized by African Americans.

Can we all agree to this one point? We may not agree to what happened after this, but I know I would be highly suspicious of some one meeting the description of the person(s) who had burglarized my neighborhood numerous times, and was not a resident in my neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixada