George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so tedious. The defense is trying to trick this witness into saying things she doesn't mean to say.
I disagree. The defense is reading between the lines and the story that's been embellished and has omissions that spin it in a certain light.

IMO

It would be impossible IMO. A person accustomed to multisensory input (i.e., not sensory disabled) must be trained in unimodal recognition. We actually use all our senses together in perceiving the world.

Are you saying that while I am having a conversation with my Mom on the phone, and I hear her drop the ice in her glass for her vodka, I couldn't possibly hear that and still be hearing her words and following them?

Or that I can't hear a dog barking in someone's backyard while I am on the phone with them and still be having a conversation?

This is someone who knows she is talking to someone who is being followed. IMO, her all of her senses would be heightened!!

I guess I am not following what your point is here.

It sounds like you are saying that she couldn't be talking to him, and hear what was going on in the background, too?

That makes no sense to me as someone who has no training in anything.

But it does in this situation, imo. There was an African American Male in a neighborhood that had been frequently burglarized by African Americans.

Can we all agree to this one point? We may not agree to what happened after this, but I know I would be highly suspicious of some one meeting the description of the person(s) who had burglarized my neighborhood numerous times, and was not a resident in my neighborhood.

So he was suspicious because he was an African American male?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that wasn't the case in this neighborhood. Law Enforcement responded in less than 5 minutes from the time of GZ's original call, if again, my timeline adds up.

Law enforcement did not arrive until after this specific incident and, while he was on the phone with dispatch, He mentions that the perpetrators 'always get away.' That suggests to me that LE response to the crime in that neighborhood is not prompt.

Now RJ doesn't remember saying what she heard herself saying just a little while ago, it is now back to being a 'bump'. WOW. If I were Mr. West, I would told the Court I'm done, left the building and wax surfboards in HA. Man! MOO

I don't care if there was a serial killer on the loose. That doesn't give a private citizen the authority to do anything more than report.

[modsnip]

It also does not give one the right to punch somebody, break their nose and bash somebodies head on the sidewalk.

JMO

I think a bullet hole in Trayvon chest would answer that question.

So if someone starts a fight with someone else and that person that initiated the fight winds up dead, it's still the person who pulled the trigger's fault?

May I add that he was more than a guest he was visiting his mother to be and his dad. I think it's great that a kid that age was trying to get along with his step mother to be and wanted to be with his dad. I hope that my family views me more than a guest. From what I understand he went to the store for his little brother. I'm not sure if that was his step brother or biological brother, but he was being a good big brother either way.

The story is he went to the store for the child of dad's girlfriend. Makes no matter really why he went. As far as being a guest it is my understanding he was there because he had been expelled from school -- so it was more than just a happy family visit to meet his new step mommy.

I was taught that "polish is always polish" and "good manners will take you everywhere". i was also told "you will always know how to behave and you'll usually feel comfortable in most situations if you know and practice good manners". I think my parents gave me great GIFT by teaching me good manners and respect.

*BBM*

Oh so now you are profiling Polish people?!?!
:floorlaugh:

J/K! But it always struck me as funny that Polish (nationality) and polish (the floors, the furniture) have no distinction in written word.

As I am understanding it, he was TM was telling Rachel his actions at the time, that he was walking home, that the man was following him, etc. So I don't think it's completely unreasonable that she would think he would have continued this narration if he chose to confront GZ.

jmo.

Not if that adult man was part of the NW program, who lived in a neighborhood that had seen multiple crimes and who in fact had tried to call in those crimes.

Except as pointed out by other posters...he was NOT ON DUTY that night!!

In fact, from my understanding, GZ didn't do patrol at all. I could be wrong.

I will go further to say that I don't think that the NW Program was actually all that official. But that's my opinion, based on my perception. LOL!!

BBM If you're talking about the person who leaves the firearm out where a young child can get it; or leaves the house unlocked so that a burglar can take it to sell on the street for someone else to commit a crime, then I agree, Yes.

You can certainly not be talking about someone using his legally concealed weapon to defend his own life. That would make no sense. MOO

Fear that your life is at risk has to be reasonable though. The trial will determine if it was reasonable for GZ to respond the way he did. His 911 calls seem paranoid to me, NW or not. I don't trust his judgment personally.

The LE who arrived on scene first did CPR on TM while the crowd including GZ watched. What kind of judgment is that??? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova