George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So TM was scared enough to run (as indicated by testimony and the NEN call), but somehow was also brazen enough to come back and confront the strange man he was scared of? I hope this is elaborated on at some point during this trial. It's just not making sense to me.

I haven't seen evidence that TM was 'scared' and that includes the testimony of the person on the stand.

He did have it in his holster, it was concealed and he did not pull it out and shoot until he absolutely had to in order to save his life.

JMO

I don't have a gun, so I'm curious. How do you have a concealed "hidden" weapon when you're wearing it in a holster on your hip? :confused:

More aggressive than shooting an unarmed teenager?
Considering we're talking about the "chasing" aspect, that was ended when Martin allegedly punched Zimmerman and pounded his head into the sidewalk...

I'm not sure how the shooting is relevant to the aggression that was displayed during the following event.

I don't know how he got those injuries, but my husband is convinced that he gave them to himself as cover. DH is more cynical than me.

He punched himself in the nose? Don't think so. Both guys were wrong that night. Unfortunately, one had a gun.

And he was also trained not to follow...to watch and report. He was then told not to follow (semantics if you are going to argue that...IMO)

Yet he did.

He knew the police were on the way, so if the kid was up to no good, they could find him. If he was minding his own business, the officers were either find him and ask him what he was doing or he would be gone.

IMO, he went looking for trouble...and he found it. Now he has to pay the price.

Isn't that what we teach our children? Don't go looking for trouble, and you won't pay the price for said trouble!!!

That is what NW is all about as well. It was not his job and he was not given any legal authority to pursue a suspect - since that's exactly what he did, whether you want to admit that or not. The suspect was a suspect because GZ deemed him as such.

I don't understand this whole "it's not illegal to follow someone you think is doing something suspect with a gun to make sure they don't do anything wrong or hurt our property".

That is NOT YOUR JOB as an everyday citizen. I may think twice about leaving my house ever again if this is what people think is acceptable and they are out there doing the same thing.

And IF you do in fact think that way, I better hope you can explain to the person you are following why you are doing so and hope they understand...or you yourself may find yourself dead!!!!!

George Zimmerman put himself in the situation. Someone is now dead. He now has to pay the consequences.

Thank you! I agree with every word.

She's crying because the defense is playing on her guilt that she didn't prevent Trayvon's death. In fact, there is nothing she could have done to prevent it, but she's a youngster and she feels guilt and she's still very upset over the whole thing. She's not good at playing word chess, and that's what the defense is doing. I think he's trying to break her now. It's sad. I don't think she deserves this. She isn't saying GZ did anything more than follow.

all she has to do is show respect and lose the attitude. why is that so hard for a 19 year old?

Out of curiosity? Has it been PROVEN that TM did indeed bash GZ's head on the sidewalk ? Or is it a possibility that GZ done the head bashing in an effort to conceal his involvement and create a cover story?

This is a fact based on GZ's wounds and testimony that he was on the bottom. IIRC, a juror is asked to consider what a reasonable person would do, and IMO, no reasonable person would, of his own volition, repeatedly bash his own head to the ground so as to suffer lacerations and contusions like what was shown on the police photos. MOO

She is so difficult to understand and then they are going back over transcripts and audio tape of her speaking. The court reporter in the courtroom right now is having a difficult time understanding her, so I, will assume that the other court reporters who did the depositions also had a difficult time too.

I heard in court today that she cannot read cursive handwriting, not sure they meant that she could read that particular handwriting or just cursive handwriting period.

In my opinion, I don't think any previous transcript would be valid because of the problems with her speech and the translation.

I don't have a gun, so I'm curious. How do you have a concealed "hidden" weapon when you're wearing it in a holster on your hip? :confused:
Holsters can go in more places and are made for more places than openly on your hip.

No, he was suspicious because he fit the description of the person(s) who had burglarized the neighborhood.

Please do not put words in my mouth. As I have stated, it wouldnt have matter if he was purple...

With all due respect that is racial profiling. I'm sorry if you don't see that. Any black male in that neighborhood would be suspicious. That is the essence of racial profiling.

He wasn't purple and could not be purple. However lets use your example, if a purple male was committing robberies in the area, and your are saying all purple males you may see in the neighborhood are suspicious that is racial profiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is saying he should have looked the other way. They're saying he should have done as he was instructed to do (both as a NW volunteer, and by the dispatch). NW does not mean LE. It means watch and report, not watch and engage.

I agree with you, he made a dumb decision to get out of his car. It still doesn't prove he purposely tried to gun the kid down.

This is so painful.

I understand she has got to be beyond frustrated at the repeated questioning over the same events over and over and over.

But this passive aggressive 'Sir' business is so rude.

I'm wondering if the prosecutor asked the witness to say "yes sir" and "no sir" and are regretting it :giggle:

I'm one of those who can see both sides of this and still want to hear all the evidence. I see one post and I'm all "yes, yes! I agree with that!" and then I see another side and I'm "yes, I agree with this too!"

If the person they're defending themselves doesn't pull out a gun and aim it at them then in my area of the world and maybe the whole rest of the world, YES. A cop who shot a kid who punched them would be charged too.

I don't think that's the law in FL. Hence why he wasn't initially charged.

but in context it makes sense-no?

Yes, was not cracking on what you said.
Just was reading your post and my mind saw "POLISH" (as in people) and it struck me as funny =)

ETA- Are they ever going to get to lunch break? I have things to do!!
Sure different from JA's trial, I had hours in between to get stuff done :facepalm:

Out of curiosity? Has it been PROVEN that TM did indeed bash GZ's head on the sidewalk ? Or is it a possibility that GZ done the head bashing in an effort to conceal his involvement and create a cover story?

Look at the timeline:

http://gzdocs.com/documents/opening_graphics/timeline.jpg

How on earth would he have been able to do all of that to himself without anybody seeing him and why would he call the NEN, Tell them where he lives, his name, where he is located at etc. If he was trying to create a cover story?

He would not have the time

JMO

This is a fact based on GZ's wounds and testimony that he was on the bottom. IIRC, a juror is asked to consider what a reasonable person would do, and IMO, no reasonable person would, of his own volition, repeatedly bash his own head to the ground so as to suffer lacerations and contusions like what was shown on the police photos. MOO

Some people I know would. :floorlaugh:

I was also thinking that since it was raining he could have very easily slipped and fell. Which I have done a few time myself.

Just curious, but if TM didn't inflict the injuries how could he have gotten them? I just don't know what people were theorizing on that point. tia

He slipped in the wet grass and fell. TM may also have punched him after he saw the gun. I'll give you that.
I'm also mulling the idea of photoshop in some of the later pictures. This situation is a money maker for GZ and his whole family it appears. Such nice suits and so many of them.

Two of our sleuthers need to do a wet grass test over the phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova