George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dumb thing to do that cost a 17 year old kid his life. It could have been avoided by George Zimmerman.

Irrefutable that GZ set the wheels in motion. He observes, reports, stays put in his car and 100% allows LE to take care of the situation from that point, everything stops. Precisely why I can't reconcile a potential complete walk for him.

Not all people charged with crimes are guilty. There are over zealous prosecutors and corrupt police for that matter. Not at all saying it is that way in this case. I am saying not all defendants are guilty. Not all defendants have to lie to help their cases.

:moo:

Yes. What does this have to do with this case though?

Things that make it easy to assume GZ is lying:
1) GZ has made several contradictory statements.
2) His version of events do not make sense.
3) His version of events cannot be corroborated.
4) He doesn't want to be convicted.

:moo:

Here's another LE witness who is testifying that the back of GZ's jacket was wet & had grass on it, and states that the back of his jeans were also wet.

Sounds like pretty convincing evidence, from what I consider to be a credible witness, that GZ was the person who was on the bottom during the altercation.

It could be as simple as both of them were on top at different times.

That might actually explain why the sounds were more like a high pitched moaning/muffled screaming with a few "help, help me!" sounds interspersed in there.

from what i have heard - imo those screams were not at all muffled, and they were heard inside ppls houses too

Would you mind pointing out that testimony, please. If they were on the sidewalk, there would be no grass stains on TM's knees, even if he were atop GZ. Grass doesn't grow on a busy sidewalk. LOL

Police witnesses and evidence photos. It was a fight on grass by the sidewalk.
IMO the policeman was not lying when he testified GZ's clothing was wet on the back

The proper way to determine if a person is up to no good.
Make observation
If person looks suspicious dial 911
Give information so police can inspect
Wait for police report

Zimmerman himself said 25 to 30 punches to his face. This has been referenced with links earlier in the thread.

When did he say this? The walkthrough? I'm not doubting you. Just wondering why the number kept increasing, as there were no mention of numbers in his written testimony.

I keep hearing this - GZ stated he thought TM had something in his hand. I think he stretch out his hands to check and when they were empty - just dropped his arms back to his side.

But wasn't TM's body found with his hand, or one of his hands underneath him? This is what I remember, didn't pay too close attention when I saw the pic. From the pic I saw, and I think it was the one the neighbor took, that TM had on arm underneath him. I may have to go hunt for it.. :)

We do sort of know the time frame. The CSI lady said she took the photos at the PD around 11:30 p.m. I believe it was and if the other photos were taken immediately after the event that would have been around 7:30 p.m. then that is a time span of like 4 hours.

Could it decrease that quickly? I honestly don't know so I'm just asking.

IMO, yes it would, depending on the severity of it. Here is something I found, link provided.

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/q...ting-an-ice-pack-on-an-injury-reduce-swelling

Ice causes vasoconstriction (the tightening of blood vessels) which reduces the effect vasodilation has. Vasoconstriction reduces the amount of blood lost internally by limiting blood flow and inhibits the forming of edema, reducing overall pressure on the affected area. Ice also has the obvious advantage of numbing the affected area, reducing the pain initially felt.

Note that ICE (Ice, Compression, Elevation) is typical for first-aid scenario's. If a patient has ICE applied and it does not help after the first 20 minutes of cooling down a physician should be consulted. This is also the reason for the 'controversy' surrounding ICE: certain types of injury and mechanisms of injury do not respond well to ICE and should be treated differently. A fracture or ligament tear for example will respond to ICE by reducing pain and swelling but - for obvious reasons - cannot be treated by ICE alone. ICE is not a magic bullet, it's a guideline to provide first aid and the outcome of ICE will determine if a patient might need to see a physician.

Hope this helps!! :rockon: :twocents:

This is something I have never understood. Please disregard if this has already been discussed, but people keep saying TM didn't go home because maybe he was afraid GZ would follow him home and only his little step-brother was there and that wasn't safe. But leaving the young child unattended while he goes to the store is ok?? Please someone help me out with this. TIA!

The kid was old enough to be home alone. I believe he was 13 at the time?

If you are being followed, you do not take that person to your residence, EVER!

People keep saying "KID" or "CHILD" like it makes it impossible for Martin to have been a credible threat to Zimmerman's life.

It can not be left out of the equation that GZ was presumably the more mature and emotionally sophisticated of the two. If GZ truly felt TM was a threat ... Why on EARTH would he approach him when LE was already en route?

It can not be left out of the equation that GZ was presumably the more mature and emotionally sophisticated of the two. If GZ truly felt TM was a threat ... Why on EARTH would he approach him when LE was already en route?

Except that's now how the emotional appeal has continually been used.

I guess it makes a good story. Evil racist white man murders teen carrying skittles. Ignore all else. MSM-totally irresponsible reporting.

Also, I don't think Zimmerman just let Trayvon pound his head into cement...I am sure he used his neck muscles and shoulders to keep from receiving worse wounds. Had Trayvon continued he could have killed Zimmerman. Trayvon seemed the stronger physically NOT the weaker one. Plus the sucker punch probably threw Zimmerman off.

If Trayvon was by his father's house when he was speaking with Diamond, he could have gone in, but he chose not to, nor did Trayvon call 911. Even Diamond thought it was "just" a fight.

I must disagree. If Trayvon was behind his father's fiancee's house, as he told RJ, it was there that GZ caught up with him and, IMO, prevented his going inside. It was there that the reported conversation between GZ and TM took place. We know that TM did not go in the house and we know that he and RZ were 70 ft away when TM was shot. So, the mystery is how and why did they get there. IMO, RZ forced TM to accompany him. He did, after all, have a gun. I believe that at that point TM tried to escape, they tussled, and GZ shot TM. IMO of course.

Wow...even the prosecutor helps the defense! GZ should go free, he did nothing wrong!

Please don't attack me, like last time!

Can you elaborate on this instead of making blanket statements? How do you feel the prosecutor helped the defense?

IMSM-totally irresponsible reporting.

It is also dangerous (IMO) - as HLN and others are making it sound like a completely different trial. They are saying the Defense is doing horrible - the State's witnesses are compelling and believable, etc. etc.

IF the jury finds GZ not guilty - it will make things even worse - as they have planted the idea in the public's mind that he will be convicted. IMO the State has NOT proven their case, most of their witnesses have confirmed GZ's account, so the media needs to stop this. CNN reportedly ran a line at the bottom of the screen stating that the witness said he saw the light skinned man on top hitting the darker skinned person. Totally untrue... but if I were not here and watching the trial I would have a TOTALLY different opinion.

Just heard commentators say that manslaughter in this case would be 30 years max. They think the judge would impose the max (as do I). IMO, that is excessive. If manslaughter is a jury option, they might go NG (assuming they know the penalty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove