George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Florida, but nowhere near Sanford, and it's like the entire state is holding its breath on this case.

I live in Kissimmee (Sanford is on the other side of Orlando from me) and agree. I have personally overheard local conversations and seen quite a few tweets threatening violence if GZ is not convicted. Having been through something similar in Miami (the May of 1980 riots in response to the McDuffie case) which was A LOT closer to my residence (my school was actually in the heart of where the riots took place) and am quite concerned for the residents in the Sanford area.

Then again I may be fearful due to my past experience and nothing will come of it at all (if that is in fact the way the case turns out).

My brother lives in the area, and did not rely on FB postings when he told me yesterday that people there are very concerned. He's also known to be able to distinguish crap from reality from time to time...

I've lived long enough to distinguish crap from reality also. When things don't go your way, burn down the neighborhood, that'll show 'em.

Sorry if truth, as I see it, is offensive. Burning neighborhoods are offensive to me. The fact that there have been threats of violence/riots, makes me sick.

Of course, that's only me and my opinion.

I just want to remind people that per the Deedee testimony.....Trayvon "saw" Zimmerman, so Trayvon was not the one caught by surprised....and Trayvon stayed on phone a few seconds after that. He spoke first. So I believe he did suddenly approach Zimmerman starting the fight. He had a choice and time to continue home, but did not.

TM had a right to know why this guy is following him, he simply asked why? When GZ answered he said, per RJ testimony and I believe it) "What are you doing here?" Doesn't that tell you that this person has been following you and doesn't like the fact you are in his neighborhood? I mean it's none of GZ business why TM is there, he is NOT A POLICE OFFICER, he is a civilian putting his nose where it doesn't belong because TM wasn't doing anything wrong. :twocents:

Yes. GZ said he thought TM came from the bushes, as in "may have." The LE witness agreed that it was a normal variation; especially considering GZ was surprised by the encounter. JMO. OMO. MOO.

How could GZ have been surprised when GZ says he saw TM walking towards him with his hand in his waste band?
Help me understand when the surprise starts IMO?

You know, I'm starting to believe Crazy Mark Geregos when he said he believes the state is trying to throw this case.

I can't think of a reason the State would try and throw the case. That doesn't make much sense to me. I do think the State knew going in they did not have a case. I really think they are hoping the Jury will use emotion to arrive at their verdict. IMO

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN WAS FIRED FROM A SECURITY GUARD JOB

You have to scroll down for full story, including his other acts of violence.IMO

So now we can start posting history? Well, that's good, in my opinion, because from what I've heard, the history on the other side speaks volumes about whether or not Mr. Martin would have started a fight and how he would have fared in same.

Who's Slim Jim was it? Slim Jim is a beef jerky, is it not? From my understanding, Skittles and a drink were found on TM. Racial epithets? that was between TM and RJ, and I do not believe TM called GZ a "homie". What was the stolen property found on TM, was it that night, the night in question? Why did TM run then? Twice? if he were up to no good, why run, and especially if you are heading back to your home?

No one knows who the slim jim belonged to. But I think it's odd that it was found so close to the fatal encounter… in the bushes. Just makes my hinky meter start to blink. JMO. OMO. MOO.

IMO Most of GZ's story has been debunked by medical evidence. A broken nose and exaggerated head injuries aren't a basis for SYG when you are the AGGRESSOR with a loaded gun. Salma Mora put GZ on top, identified his red and black jacket when the shot was fired. He studied SYG and yet told Sean Hannity he'd never heard of it...and so on and so on!
IMO

If I had a broken nose and head injuries, it would be a basis for my standing my ground. Who in 'ell has the right to do that to me? Yeah, I'd be fearful of my life. Only MY opinion, of course, others might think a broken nose and head cuts are perfectly fine.

IT is not silly. It is fact as in the case as per GZ account..

IT was pitch dark.. The witnesses that looked from their windows said they saw shadows.. and could not tell if it was males, females...

It was VERY VERY dark as per GZ statement and witness statements from the STAND.

So, how did GZ see TM put his hand in his waste band while walking towards him?

How could GZ have been surprised when GZ says he saw TM walking towards him with his hand in his waste band?

He thought TM was gone. I believe he was surprised to see him. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I don't see how that is contradictory.

He doesn't see him.. Then when he does because if you are going off RJ testimony TM saw him first, AS he got closer he saw him with his hand in his waistband.

I see that as perfectly sensible.

OMO

I am anti-gun. I don't think citizens should be packing heat. But Florida law does not agree with me. GZ was not breaking the law. If the citizens of Florida don't like it, they should work to change it. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I didn't say it wasn't against the law, I'm just wondering why he was carrying it to go to the store? He must carry it with him wherever he goes then and I'm not sure I like that. Having a gun in your house to protect yourself is one thing, carrying one around in public is another, IMO.. :twocents:

Sorry, I don't want to start the gun debate because I don't want to get off topic :blushing: ;)

No one knows who the slim jim belonged to. But I think it's odd that it was found so close to the fatal encounter… in the bushes. Just makes my hinky meter start to blink. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Add the slim jim and the fact he was on the phone with someone he just "talked" to, well, it makes me wonder. 'Course I wonder about a lot of things. My opinion only.

I just want to remind people that per the Deedee testimony.....Trayvon "saw" Zimmerman, so Trayvon was not the one caught by surprised....and Trayvon stayed on phone a few seconds after that. He spoke first. So I believe he did suddenly approach Zimmerman starting the fight. He had a choice and time to continue home, but did not.
Yes, but Dee Dee heard TM say, "What you following me for?" and GZ heard TM say, "You got a problem, MFer?"
The truth of who was the aggressor is what's between the lines here. You basically have to decide if TM was basically a good kid (per the detective) or a *advertiser censored**ing punk (per GZ).
:twocents:
IMO

What could he have been doing that makes you think he was up to no good? We know he was on the phone with RJ, we know he had skittles and drink, we know he was in the complex of where is was staying, what is up to no good about that?

I have crossed the street many times to avoid people that FELT problematic.
I know many people who have done that. NO factual reason just a feeling because of small behavior.
AND I would do it every time I get that sense.
Zimmerman too had the sense, and ironically Tryvon was in trouble a lot, so his sense is probably
100% correct. I pray for zimmerman.

I didn't say it wasn't against the law, I'm just wondering why he was carrying it to go to the store? He must carry it with him wherever he goes then and I'm not sure I like that. Having a gun in your house to protect yourself is one thing, carrying one around in public is another, IMO.. :twocents:

Sorry, I don't want to start the gun debate because I don't want to get off topic :blushing: ;)

ITA. I've tried to be really good about leaving my anti-gun bias out of discussion. And it's not easy, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879