George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder if the defense has their own DNA guy?

Where the heck is the ME?

I'd bet a million dollars they have their own dna expert. Even if they're only using him as a consultant. jmo

He took a chance that no one could refute his story. Criminals do it all the time. IMO. Doesn't mean GZ has not spun this story to his benefit. We already know he doesn't always tell the truth. Changing a few details would spin this tail into a supposed self defense case. It happens all the time. MOO.

Too true, Moonie. So often that he almost wasn't charged....
Dead men tell no tales. IMO

IMO - he just stated that he can't testify that it was degraded, so good try Mr. West...how about you waste another hour with this witness?

IMO, an odor of mold & ammonia indicates that the biological samples were likely degraded.

IMO, an odor of mold & ammonia indicates that the biological samples were likely degraded.

This is the undersweatshirt, wasn't it? I would think that might have smelled awful even without being packed wet - he wore that all day in the rain. I think West alluded to maybe the shirt smelled like that anyway - as in, have you ever left your gym back in your trunk.

My guess is, he liked you more than that too. ;D

Here's the bearing this has, IMHO - I am really trying to determine, in my mind, who was likely to have begun the fight between GZ and TM, and the "mood" they were each in has bearing.

If Trayvon was on the phone all day with a girl he had no romantic interest in - hanging up calling back hanging up calling back hanging up calling back - what WAS the topic of that conversation that both of them continued all day long?

I don't think it was just to hear her voice.

So my musing is, was he getting information from her that was making him anxious or very angry? To me, it's relevant.

IMHO

Oh okay. I see what you mean. I think RJ was asked what were they talking about while she was on the stand, but I don't recall her giving a definitive answer or anything that really stands out in my mind. I'd have to go back and listen to her testimony again. Maybe someone else here remembers what her answer to that question was.

Frankly, no. Here's why, from what I have read, he is a close friend of GZ's and had his property broken into by an AA. His story has changed over time etc. IMO

He just testified a few days ago that he didn't know George or Trayvon. He also explained that he clarified his statements and was asked additional questions that he responded to in subsequent interviews. Three things he did testify to are that George was on the bottom, that the person on top was moving his arms up and down MMA style and that he continues to believe it was George screaming for help. I don't know about the break-ins. Do you have a link for any of the statements in your post, please.

jmo

I do not believe GZ went out to kill anyone that night and I also believe that TM wasn't looking for a fight. However, GZ shot TM and TM died because of it. Something lead up to that and had GZ not been following TM, this would not have happened. I keep going back to this: TM RAN, TWICE from GZ. Once TM ran the 1st time, GZ should NOT have pursued him, IMO. We don't know who started this "fight" first, no one saw it.

If TM had his hand/s over GZ's nose/mouth and GZ was screaming, there would be DNA from George on TM's hands, from saliva, possible blood, sweat, skin cells.

On this forum.... yes :)

Actually I have never seen CSI. I don't watch any of those shows. I occasionally watch FOXnews but other than that, I have no interest. I watch no crime shows whatsoever. Once in a while reruns of old sitcoms.

He just testified a few days ago that he didn't know George or Trayvon. He also explained that he clarified his statements and was asked additional questions that he responded to in subsequent interviews. Three things he did testify to are that George was on the bottom, that the person on top was moving his arms up and down MMA style and that he continues to believe it was George screaming for help. I don't know about the break-ins. Do you have a link for any of the statements in your post, please.

jmo

Wasn't it Frank Taaffe whose house was broken into?

This is the undersweatshirt, wasn't it? I would think that might have smelled awful even without being packed wet - he wore that all day in the rain. I think West alluded to maybe the shirt smelled like that anyway - as in, have you ever left your gym back in your trunk.

IDK whether or not TM wore that shirt "all the day in the rain" or not.

The expert witness has testified that he doesn't know which shirt was the undershirt.

The point is, IMO: the evidence doesn't seem to have been preserved properly in order to collect viable DNA evidence.

That bothered me too. If I had (IMO) accidently killed someone, I would be a basket case and would probably apologize the rest of my life - regardless if it were self defense or not. It's still a life.

I have never seen that entire show but I saw snippets of it last night because it had been advertised earlier in the day. I was shocked by the "God's will," comment. It told me a lot about Mr. Zimmerman.

Frankly, no. Here's why, from what I have read, he is a close friend of GZ's and had his property broken into by an AA. His story has changed over time etc. IMO

That was not John Goodman, that was the guy that appears on HLNs....and how did they have such similar accounts before speaking to each other?

Here is my scenario of "what happened" -- and I have no idea if this would be self-defense, murder or manslaughter.

GZ was a wannabe cop. He was mad that so many robberies had been happening in his neighborhood. He also wanted to be a "hero."

He is on his way to Target wearing a loaded gun, looking for trouble (in the sense that he was watching for anything suspicious).

He sees TM. For whatever reason he thinks TM is suspicious. He follow him and calls NEN.

Even though NEN says not to follow TM, GZ doesn't want TM to "get away" because those "*advertiser censored** always get away."

He follows TM.

TM gets away from him a few times and he gets angrier, because he wants to impress the cops by being able to tell them where TM is -- or even holding him.

Either GZ catches up to TM (or TM turns around and says "why are you following me?"

An argument ensues (GZ doesn't admit this, but the neighbors all say they heard shouting). Either TM tries to leave and GZ grabs him, or TM pushes at GZ -- they begin a shoving match and begin struggling.

GZ panics. Even though he wanted to "catch" TM it is now TM who has caught him. TM is winning the fight and in a panic GZ shoots him, killing him.

I still think GZ is at fault. If he had just called the cops and gone on to Target nothing would have happened. I think GZ has colored his story -- but that doesn't necessarily make him a murderer, just an idiot.

Again this is MHO, and my scenario. If I were on the jury I don't know if I'd find him guilty of a crime until I heard the legal instructions from the judge.

:twocents:

The trial is based on facts, not scenario. :moo:

That was not John Goodman, that was the guy that appears on HLNs....and how did they have such similar accounts before speaking to each other?
No, I'm not speaking of Mr. Taaffe. He's not the only neighbor with those sentiments by any means. IMO

I have never seen that entire show but I saw snippets of it last night because it had been advertised earlier in the day. I was shocked by the "God's will," comment. It told me a lot about Mr. Zimmerman.

What does it tell you? Honestly, Because all it tells me is he mad a dumb comment. There are plenty of people I think are not nice, But I don't want them in prison for murder unless they committed murder.

I want the facts to be shown and this man be proven guilty on facts not emotion or what people wish would happen.

I don't particularly like him, But I don't know him. I just don't understand how people are so ready to convict on feelings... JMO.. ONLY MO...

I also think that the presence of his own blood despite possible exposure to the elements is important. If GZ's blood had been on TM's hands, wouldn't it still be there (as indicated by the fact that TM's own blood is still there)? And I can't see how TM could hit a bleeding man in the face repeatedly and/or grip a bald, wet, bleeding head and not get anything on his hands or sleeves from the elbow down, or under his nails.

So, imo, I'm hearing yet more testimony that indicates the alleged beating that GZ claims he got is extremely unlikely.

While I totally see your point, what truly logical alternative is there? According to witness John, GZ first thought he was an officer. It seems what's left is an assumption that GZ immediately rolled himself onto the cement to produce injuries to his head, as he pounded his own face, nose & mouth in the desperate hope that none of the growing number of people would witness his actions. Or, perhaps, due to the darkness of night they couldn't accurately make out what he was doing. IMO, this case is becoming curiouser & curiouser!! What appears to be most evident, is there is a disturbing amount of lack of evidence!

IMO - this witness stated that he cannot testify that it is degraded

Didn't the Judge state that she will stay as late as necessary for the Prosecution to rest their case?

Is anybody getting anything out of the defenses second time around on this testimony? imo

The "God's will," comment was so unbelievable to me. I didn't see a shred of compassion or feeling. Even if his story is 100% true, it is NOT god's will for parents to bury their children. A 17-year-old is dead at his hands. That is not in dispute.

Again, (imo) part and parcel why I cannot reconcile a total walk for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member