George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.

I have a question about "notes".

I see that all the time, witnesses say "may I refer to my notes"? Then they're allowed to, and they answer a question.

I've never seen a witness asked for their notes, and never seen them refuse (because I've never seen them asked).

But if I were a witness, even a nonexpert one, i think I'd write down timelines, dates, impressions, quotes from my memory, etc.

I believe I've seen witnesses doing that - is that not pretty typical witness behavior?

It happened in the Jodi Arias trial. The witness was made to take the notes out of his loose leaf, they were marked and stapled. I believe they were copied and returned but I'm not sure.

Did you catch the look on MOMs face when he went over to the Prosecution table just before the sidebar. Whatever is in those notes much be a doozy.
Yep, and that probably means we won't hear what was in them...

Trayvon is shown on the convenience store video footage pulling up his pants a few times as they seemed to be falling down. I believe this is what GZ saw when he said Trayvon was reaching into his waistband.

I wonder why it took TM so long to walk home from the store? It took 45min to walk 1 mile??? There is also footage outside of the store which is interesting.

MOO.

I am very interested in the exact mileage of store to Trayvon's destination. And exact time of purchasing items at store, and final confrontation.

If it was raining, and there was a football game I was anxious to watch, common sense tells me I would get home quickly, not be taking my time. So I think timing here is important. IMO

Really?! I missed that! Maybe he's saying he had not prior knowledge of Dr. Bao's .... whatever it is Dr. Bao is up to.

Yep, that's what's assumed. I'm sure it will be replayed later tonight. I saw it on WFTV Ch. 9.

You mean the mailbox building? That article doesn't say was on porches or in the grass for that matter. GZ's father actually states GZ say TM walking on the "paths" behind the houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the cut through he used was a well worn path- commonly used. Yet they make hay of it, as if it was a strange occurance.

The ME really needs to stop interrupting when a question is asked, it is rather annoying IMO

I am very interested in the exact mileage of store to Trayvon's destination. And exact time of purchasing items at store, and final confrontation.

If it was raining, and there was a football game I was anxious to watch, common sense tells me I would get home quickly, not be taking my time. So I think timing here is important. IMO

From his call history - it seems chatting with Rachel was his priority. Pretty typical for a teen boy to want to chat with girls privately after spending hours with a little kid.

So now he remembers a similar case to Trayvon's from a couple of weeks ago. But doesn't remember anything about Trayvon's autopsy. And he changed his opinion from his deposition based on that case even though he doesn't remember Trayvon's case at all. Wow!

Okay.

I have a question about "notes".

I see that all the time, witnesses say "may I refer to my notes"? Then they're allowed to, and they answer a question.

I've never seen a witness asked for their notes, and never seen them refuse (because I've never seen them asked).

But if I were a witness, even a nonexpert one, i think I'd write down timelines, dates, impressions, quotes from my memory, etc.

I believe I've seen witnesses doing that - is that not pretty typical witness behavior?

If a witness is using notes, and they have been provided for the prosecution & defense *prior to* testifying. That's the whole point of this, this witness kept his notes secret. The notes used must be part of the trial record.

IMO - What makes walking on lawns suspicious?

IMO, if given the choice to walk on a rain soaked lawn (especially wearing new birthday tennis shoes -- teens are, IMO and personal experience (my son who is a tennis shoe freak), VERY particular about their tennis shoes) and a wet sidewalk, taking a teen's care for their shoes into consideration, they'd choose the sidewalk. IMO, that's very suspicious.

ME is discussing how one can change opinion b/c in deposition he said TM could have been alive 1-3 minutes after shot and the opinion changed due to another case that came in so now it is 1-10 minutes. He made notes in his office but did not call anyone with the state to tell them until yesterday.

At least I think that is what he is trying to say?

From his call history - it seems chatting with Rachel was his priority. Pretty typical for a teen boy to want to chat with girls privately after spending hours with a little kid.

That's why I thought he was taking his time going home. His almost step brother was cute, but he was 12. I'm sure TM, at 17, would rather speak to RJ or other girls instead.

ME stated one thing in November and now has changed his statement because of some autopsy three weeks ago on another case!! Regarding how long TM lived after being shot.

Then he explains the meaning of "opinion".

IMO - What makes walking on lawns suspicious?

When there is a sidewalk, it is odd. I don't know anyone that has grown up or lived for a time in the suburbs, that would not think it was odd if a teenager (anyone really) was walking in the rain in someone's yard even if it was this type of townhome set up, if there was a sidewalk or even street available to access. IMO

Plus, if you read the transcript from his jailhouse call to his wife, those funds that were suppose to go bail, he didn't want it going to bail, not all of it at least and his wife said "but isn't that what it's for?" GZ seems to be paying personal bills as well with these funds from what I'm understanding, and I may have misunderstood some of it and I apologize if I did. :)

Exactly- the first thing they did was pay off a huge load of credit card debt- and yes- GZ clearly told Shellie he did not want it to go to bail. After that they splurged on a 5 BR beach house rental, cars, lots of electronics and toys. His expenses were ridiculous, and MOM was gobsmacked. IMHO.

He either has inappropriate notes or no notes. This witness is a train wreck...so sad. :(

Bao only told Bernie yesterday and did talk with him about testimony for today. LOL he is asked how long they met

ME: It is my opinion, not a fact. 40 min.

Dude really likes to emphasis the opinion thing

Exactly- the first thing they did was pay off a huge load of credit card debt- and yes- GZ clearly told Shellie he did not want it to go to bail. After that they splurged on a 5 BR beach house rental, cars, lots of electronics and toys. His expenses were ridiculous, and MOM was gobsmacked. IMHO.

That, IMO, was disgusting. I remember thinking at the time that the judge should let GZ stay in jail until trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo