George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So a teenager can't kill or try and kill someone?

He certainly did not look like a kid.

Neither do most child prostitutes but they are.

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 2m
#TrayvonMartin father watching #Zimmerman friend who accused him of saying m-f-er two weeks ago... pic.twitter.com/NBiUh3j00C

Why wouldn't this thread last? We been through several high profile cases here at Websleuths and theres always been a healthy discussion. We have a long way to go. Everyone needs to treat this like any other trial. Stay with the facts and treat all of the members with respect. :)

Amen to that.

This case caused us to do something we rarely do: Close the discussion.

There wasn't anything new in the case last year and tempers were too high, our mods were worn out, and posters were not listening.

So we shut it down until today.

I'll be honest. There are many people who think this thread will not remain open due to how it all went down hill last year.

Let's prove them wrong shall we?

Thank you,
Tricia

In my opinion he was not a kid. And most teens I know would show respect to an adult given the circumstances. Explained that his father lived there and he was returning from the store. Was there any verbal exchange? What I have read says that GZ had turned to go back to his truck and TM jumped him from the rear. Is that incorrect info. ty

He had only turned 17 a few days earlier so I think of him as a very young 17. It depends on which story (as told by Zimmerman) that you read. He also claimed that TM punched him in the face which would be a little hard to do if you are attacking someone from behind.

Court in recess for 10 min. After which state calls first witness.

I don't understand people being upset about GZ having a concealed weapn. I do understand being upset because a death was caused by the weapon. I carry a concealed weapon and it is loaded and I do have a permit. If I go into Wal Mart,
I have a loaded gun in my purse. A gun that is not loaded is not too helpful if the situation warrants the use of a gun. Half the people I work with have a gun in their
desk drawer.We are just a bunch of geeks programming computers.

Did the profile identify age, sex or race of these burglars?

There was not a rash of burglaries performed by young female Caucasians in the area; 8 crimes had been reported prior with distinct descriptions of the burglars!

Well as his attorney pointed out, TM was using the sidewalk to bash GZ's head.. That's certainly life threatening and would justify lethal force.

Opening statements are not evidence. GZ claims TM was hitting his head on the sidewalk. Doesn't make it true.

A skull smashing attack requires medical attention usually in the ICU. The 'boo boo' was less than 2 cm long and required no stitches or medical attention. Lets not get carried away here.

True , plus we must remember that TM had N O N E of GZ's DNA beneath his finger nails. Therefore he didn't grab George and throw him to the ground, he simply defended himself against what were likely threats made by GZ, who was lethally armed unneccessarily given the benign circumstances.

So just because he put himself in this situation he should have his nose broken and his head beaten in the sidewalk?

If TM would have behaved himself and just gone on home like anybody else would have done instead of trying to teach some guy a lesson this would not have happened.

Right, it's the DEAD kids fault. He didn't do what he should have--let's just forget if GZ had made the call to LE and stayed in his truck the incident wouldn't have occurred at all.

I also have to think that if TM did put GZ on the ground Zimmerman chose to go for his gun rather than to defend himself- he feared for his life but didn't land one punch?

It's a serious situation to have someone attacking a person like that. I don't know how anyone could justify or minimize such an attack.

Neither do I before they've even heard or seen the actual evidence. Were you there because it sounds like you had a front row seat to what one side is alleging is truth. I was screaming but my mouth was gagged by a kid who had none of my saliva on his hands. Very (in)credible stuff to justify a homicide.

Def wants GZ's family in court room. TM's family is allowed there cuz supreme court rules victims families are allowed in court room. Judge is adament the Zimmerman's family WILL NOT be allowed in CR because they are witnesses. They can be in court AFTER they testify. Judge will not cut Def a break there.

Crazy how FLA law rules - remember FKC had her 'rents in the courtroom?

This judge seems so efficient, especially compared to JSS in the Arias trial.

She actually used her lunch time to look up cases for this hearing! And she seems really no BS, no nonsense, rules and roles, as Judge Stan Strickland said in the Casey Ant trial.

I wonder if all those sidebars in the JA case were a result of her not being confident so having to hear a bunch of rationale/excuses from each side before ruling. Or if it just a style thing. I've watched a number of trials and never seen anything like that.

He had only turned 17 a few days earlier so I think of him as a very young 17. It depends on which story (as told by Zimmerman) that you read. He also claimed that TM punched him in the face which would be a little hard to do if you are attacking someone from behind.

However TM was on top of him at some point beating his head into the ground. So they were face to face before that.

That does not seem like anything weird at all to me.

Especially if you have ever been attacked. You spin around to try and defend yourself.

OK...will someone explain that whole thing to me?

I understand it's not nice to call someone a "MF'er". However, it's not illegal, right? LOL!!

What was that all about...what were they trying to accomplish? Even if TM's Dad did call this guy that, why would that preclude him from being in the court room?

What am I missing???????????

That's not true. He was not required to stay in his vehicle. GZ did nothing wrong as far as I can tell. Exiting a vehicle does not warrant a physical skull-smashing attack.

That's GZ claim. Doesn't mean it happened.

True , plus we must remember that TM had N O N E of GZ's DNA beneath his finger nails. Therefore he didn't grab George and throw him to the ground, he simply defended himself against what were likely threats made by GZ, who was lethally armed unneccessarily given the benign circumstances.

He wouldn't necessarily have had DNA on him from that. He could grab GZ by his clothing. The lacerations didn't get there by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela