George Zimmerman's Injuries #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And when they don't they have to expect to be held accountable for it. And that is why he was charged, IMO. jmo

You can only hold him accountable if he did something illegal, not because he didn't follow guidelines of the neighborhood watch association.

While its all true, if all people did only what they were supposed to, world would have been a much better place.

If just ONE person had done what they were supposed to do, we'd be discussing another case right now.

BBM: Here in lies the problem. It was not his job. He only had to report it to LE. This is why an innocent young man is dead, not guilty of the crimes GZ was suspicious of. No one else in the neighbor misunderstood what they were instructed to do if they saw a crime, they reported it. Did not interfer but reported it to 911. Why was it that only GZ misunderstood a program he helped put together and supported 100%. He knew what he was suppose to do and yet he ignored those instructions. I guess we could say he now has a better understanding of why LE did not want him to pursue TM. jmo

I understand your point but disagree.

Do we know that no one in the neighborhood ever followed a stranger before? I don't think we do. So therefore we cannot say "no one else misunderstood."

Frustration at the police arriving too late other times makes GZ's actions quite proper to me. "They always get away through the back gate." And if he had followed TM and police had arrived...the police would not have arrested GZ for "stalking" or "getting out of his car"...would they?

No,. So really that is IMO overblown.

The shooting did not occur, IMO, because of GZ following TM. It occured because GZ was being beaten. A man in pain, nose broken, being pummeled...usually has STOPPING THE BEATING as his priority. The shooting occured to stop the beating.

GZ did have an official capacity in the Neighborhood Watch. This was HIS neighborhood. He has rights too.

Do we now think that we have to hide in our cars or homes and hope police can hurry over fast enough. People in that condo area were under seige. It's sad that those Thugs created the distrust and fear that GZ felt toward a stranger/teenager. But that is NOT racism.

Will you please point out any scratches you see in this photo? ~Thanks~

slide_227184_990883_freeGZInjury.jpg

Ok, I helped you out can you help me out and tell me what you think made these marks on the back of Zimmerman's head? Do you think it could have been a flashlight?

azimhead_edited2-1.jpg

The topic in here is George Zimmerman's injuries. OT posts will be removed.
Post lands randomly. thanks.

No one else in the neighbor misunderstood what they were instructed to do if they saw a crime, they reported it. Did not interfer but reported it to 911.

What is your source for information about others in the neighborhood? My understanding is that there were many calls from that neighborhood over the last year or so - not just GZ's - but I had not heard information about the circumstances / follow-up of the behavior of other callers.

While reading the discovery I noticed that SPD's Christopher Servino received GZ's medical records from his doctor on 3/9/12.
On 3/9/12 I received a fax from Altamonte Family Practice, which contained the medical records identifying the injuries sustained by Zimmerman on the evening of 2/26/12.
At the bond hearing on 4/20/12 Investigator Gilbreath said he hadn't seen any of GZ's medical records.
O'MARA: Have you ever had your nose fractured or broken.

GILBREATH: No.

O'MARA: You know that that was an injury that Mr. Zimmerman sustained, correct?

GILBREATH: I know that that is an injury that is reported to have sustained. I haven't seen any medical records to indicate that.

O'MARA: Have you asked him for them?

GILBREATH: Have I asked him for them? No.

O'MARA: Do you want a copy of them?

GILBREATH: Sure.

O'MARA: I'll give them to the state. It's a more appropriate way to do it. If you haven't had them yet, I don't want to cross you on them.
Why hadn't Gilbreath looked at the medical records if Chris Serino had them on 3/9? Was it because it's exculpatory evidence, or was because Gilbreath felt it wasn't important enough to bother with at that time?

Page 42
http://www.scribd.com/doc/93951121/State-v-Zimmerman-Evidence-released-by-prosecutor

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html

BBM: Here in lies the problem. It was not his job. He only had to report it to LE. This is why an innocent young man is dead, not guilty of the crimes GZ was suspicious of. No one else in the neighbor misunderstood what they were instructed to do if they saw a crime, they reported it. Did not interfer but reported it to 911. Why was it that only GZ misunderstood a program he helped put together and supported 100%. He knew what he was suppose to do and yet he ignored those instructions. I guess we could say he now has a better understanding of why LE did not want him to pursue TM. jmo

IMO, once GZ made the phone call to report the suspicious person, he become "on duty" and all the protocol in the program becomes in effect. I've read somewhere that, within the NW program, going against protocol potentiall leaves the NW person liable for criminal and civil charges.

IMO, once GZ made the phone call to report the suspicious person, he become "on duty" and all the protocol in the program becomes in effect. I've read somewhere that, within the NW program, going against protocol potentiall leaves the NW person liable for criminal and civil charges.
Interesting post. Maybe we could open a thread about Neighborhood Watch Programs if you wish to discuss it further.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>... since many feel MSM misreport everything I stick with the interview where I heard Mr. Martin state he first told LE "no" in his initial interview and then later listened to a clearer tape and recognized the screaming as TM. Tracy is a victim and we all have to understand he's going to do the same thing any victim does because the initial shock of dealing with death will do that to you. jmo

In fact, if you read the interviewer's comments about the first playing of the 911 tape for Tracy (Sybrina was not present, Tracy had just found out that his son was dead), he refers to Tracy being distraught (my word) and he just shook his head when asked if that was Trayvon. When they cleaned up the background noise (this was a phone call, after all), and played the tape for Tracy and Sybrina, they both agreed it was their son. It will be interesting to listen to the tape from the recreation the next night, GZ was asked to yell the same way, from the same position. I'm not sure why the FBI testing was inconclusive, but I am wondering if that was based on interviews or testing? Seems to me that maybe the testing part is not complete (they move slowly, based on the CA case) and people are jumping to the conclusion and reporting that the testing was inconclusive??? MOO.

While reading the discovery I noticed that SPD's Christopher Servino received GZ's medical records from his doctor on 3/9/12.

At the bond hearing on 4/20/12 Investigator Gilbreath said he hadn't seen any of GZ's medical records.

Why hadn't Gilbreath looked at the medical records if Chris Serino had them on 3/9? Was it because it's exculpatory evidence, or was because Gilbreath felt it wasn't important enough to bother with at that time?

Page 42
http://www.scribd.com/doc/93951121/State-v-Zimmerman-Evidence-released-by-prosecutor

I have wondered about this as well. Perhaps they were not "official" in that they were faxed from the Doctor (and not necessarily upon the request of the investigators, but at the request of GZ to his Doctor) and not a sworn statement? I would imagine that will be remedied in the near future and a full statement and report will be secured from the Doctor?? JMO.

I understand your point but disagree.

Do we know that no one in the neighborhood ever followed a stranger before? I don't think we do. So therefore we cannot say "no one else misunderstood."

Frustration at the police arriving too late other times makes GZ's actions quite proper to me. "They always get away through the back gate." And if he had followed TM and police had arrived...the police would not have arrested GZ for "stalking" or "getting out of his car"...would they?

No,. So really that is IMO overblown.

The shooting did not occur, IMO, because of GZ following TM. It occured because GZ was being beaten. A man in pain, nose broken, being pummeled...usually has STOPPING THE BEATING as his priority. The shooting occured to stop the beating.

GZ did have an official capacity in the Neighborhood Watch. This was HIS neighborhood. He has rights too.

Do we now think that we have to hide in our cars or homes and hope police can hurry over fast enough. People in that condo area were under seige. It's sad that those Thugs created the distrust and fear that GZ felt toward a stranger/teenager. But that is NOT racism.

If you read the newsletter in evidence LE did regular patrols in their community because of the recent crimes. We, as citizens, do not have the right to take the law into our own hands. We all know that. The reason for those NWP directions is so that no one gets hurt. GZ had no more rights than TM. Difference is GZ knew better. There was no crime to report and LE could not have arrested TM even when they arrived earlier because he had done nothing wrong. GZ was wrong. TM was not involved in a crime. TM was not headed for the back gate. There was no reason for GZ to follow, none, zip. You can't accuse someone of committing a crime when there is none. That is why LE said you need to report a "suspicious" person on the non-emergency line. GZ was not pursuing a criminal. There was no crime. LE would have arrived, found TM and cleared him. End of story. GZ's actions brought that story to a tragic end. If everyone assumes that they have to do LE's job for them maybe LE needs to rethink their NWP. Even the founder of the Guardian Angels thinks GZ went way too far.

If you feel your home is at risk and you can afford cable you can afford a security system. It's far cheaper and more important than cable. Yet almost every home has cable. jmo

What is your source for information about others in the neighborhood? My understanding is that there were many calls from that neighborhood over the last year or so - not just GZ's - but I had not heard information about the circumstances / follow-up of the behavior of other callers.

I was talking about the night TM was shot. I don't have any other information other than what all those witnesses did when they knew there was trouble. They did not go outside and interfer but called 911. Even John did not interfer but told them to stop, he was calling 911. This is the way it is suppose to work and LE was there, according to witnesses, seconds after TM was shot. jmo

You can only hold him accountable if he did something illegal, not because he didn't follow guidelines of the neighborhood watch association.

I don't think GZ was charged with disobeying NWP rules but what resulted from not listening to LE and disregarding what he learned through NWP. jmo

Page 42

The medical report received by SPD reported that GZ's nose was "likely" broken and did not say for sure that it was. Yet the media report from GZ's family were stating that it was for certain broken. The doctor's report suggested GZ follow up with an ENT so is it possible that Gilbreath thought GZ had done so and this was the report he had not seen. That would be consistent with his statement. Had MOM shown him the report, which by the way he did not Gilbreath may have said, yes, I've seen this report but this report does not say it was determined that his nose, in fact, was broken. Gilbreath was trying to choose his words carefully to be as truthful as he could so it's possible he thought there was another report. His answer should have been I have only seen one report but it did not state that his nose was broken only that it was likely broken. Maybe a simple yes or no answer is all he wanted to give to MOM at that point. It does not make his answer wrong. jmo

What I'm suggesting is that it was extremely sloppy police work. One of the many reasons for this, in my personal opinion, is that the SPD had already made up their collective minds that the shooting of this unnamed and unknown young black man was of little importance compared to one of their own known citizens. One that they quite possibly already knew was the son of a magistrate judge.

What difference does it make? All of the omissions and inconsistencies in this investigation make a great deal of difference and call the entire sloppy investigation into question, IMO.

I don't think just clicking on "Thanks" is sufficient response to your post. I feel the same. I don't know but suspect that Sanford LE see dead black teenagers often and it was of no importance to them as compared to the shooter. It is as very sad commentary as regards race relations in this country. Every one of us, no matter what color, is supposed to be of equal importance. It appears that some are more equal than others, at least in Sanford FL.

Has Zimmerman's medical records been released?

There was a leak of partial medical records given to ABC (I believe it was) but his medical records have not been released in full for us to view. It would have been nice to have them in the recent doc dump but I have a feeling that there are some things in them that MOM and Zimmerman are wanting to hold back until the very last minute when they no longer have a choice but to release them.

MOO

The medical report received by SPD reported that GZ's nose was "likely" broken and did not say for sure that it was. Yet the media report from GZ's family were stating that it was for certain broken. The doctor's report suggested GZ follow up with an ENT so is it possible that Gilbreath thought GZ had done so and this was the report he had not seen. That would be consistent with his statement. Had MOM shown him the report, which by the way he did not Gilbreath may have said, yes, I've seen this report but this report does not say it was determined that his nose, in fact, was broken. Gilbreath was trying to choose his words carefully to be as truthful as he could so it's possible he thought there was another report. His answer should have been I have only seen one report but it did not state that his nose was broken only that it was likely broken. Maybe a simple yes or no answer is all he wanted to give to MOM at that point. It does not make his answer wrong. jmo
BBM
How could he assume that there's another report if he never saw the first report? I'm taking his answer for what it is. He never asked for any medical records and never read any medical records. The question remains. Why? JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr