Geraldo Rivera - Live and at Large, Sunday, Dec. 7th

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's JQ Kelly from Atlanta. He was (is) the Attorney for the Ramsey family and is also the attorney for David Holloway and Beth Twitty. He used to be a prosecutor but is now a defense attorney, and he's really good at what he does.

JQ Kelly is an excellent attorney. He is also the attorney for the Savio family in their civil suit against D. Peterson. (Bolingbrook, IL)

Maybe all those goodies KC has been getting on her jail acct. She saves them up to serve to JB. Cheese pops, pretzels,etc:)

After seeing JB tonight, I'm thinkin' the pork rinds. :crazy:

I think she did, he said "No one has asked me to yet". Or did I dream that?

nope you didnt dream it....thats what he said ...he has NOT BEEN ASKED yet to go see any of it .....

and he CANT just go to see the car when he wants ...

They would say how the media and LE has influenced the public and tainted the jury pool so that KC could never have gotten a fair trial and that this is the only way to save herself.
What I would like to see is their reaction if she discloses the location of the body and it is recovered (to whatever degree that is possible).

I too think it's likely that George and Cindy would spin a plea deal making Casey the victim of the media and LE. The only factor that could mitigate that is if the location of the body was made a part of the plea agreement, and Caylee's remains were recovered. At that point, George and Cindy would be hard-pressed to continue with their campaign that Caylee is alive.

I hope they do strike a deal with her, give up where Caylee's body is. I don't care if they take LWOP off, and offer her a chance of parole, I think there are enough people in this great US that would fly there to beg them not to do it anyways.. She would never be paroled out, and if she was, she wouldn't lead a normal life at all, instead it would be more fear for her than prison.
respectfully snipped.....

A hard life indeed it will be for her years down the road if in fact after "conviction" that she IS paroled. Conditions of felony parole include..........

no drugs *she also cannot be caught around her friends that do drugs*

no drinking or being around anyone that IS drinking *ie; she can have a job serving alcohol but she can't for instance go out for dinner and drinks and sit NEAR the bar.....or be in clubs...darn....:waitasec:

She will HAVE to find gainful employment......and YES the state of Florida does have a very strict way of keeping tabs on that progress too. You can't "pretend" you have a job or are looking for work. darn! :waitasec:

She will have to PAY for drug testing.....and the parole itself...$53 a month plus drug testng....$65. Uh sorry they don't take checks.....I meant stolen checks.....or monopoly money. *insert sarcasm here*

She can't leave the state. She CAN though leave the county provided she isn't in the other county for more than 48 hours. OR? She has to register with that county's sheriff's department as a felon all over again....in which case? COULD be a severe parole violation!

I guess I could go on and on right on down the list since I know a few things about the judicial system there in Florida and it's parole/probation......but the bottom line of it is?

It'll be even rougher outside because?

Not many people will hire a felon when said offense has to do with A: a violent crime......and B: one that involves a child(ren).

*note.....* She also MUST obtain PERMANENT housing....and in her case? Means she has to pick a spot and stay there even if she has roommates they too are subject to the same search and seizure laws if in any event an officer of the court ie; parole officer shows up unannounced (because they CAN) to do a look see inspection of her digs and snoop into the background of the other adults in the household. They DO and CAN verify the stories of "living arrangements" and periodically show up just because........at ANY given hour of the day or night.

Why can't geraldo discuss the case without JB being on the show? I mean, really, enough.
JB has a client with no money... why not show up LIVE for your good friend's show (GR) and get a nice little, fun maybe, trip to the big city. See a show, dine in nice restaurants, play on GR's boat - and write it all off as a business expense?? AND spread your name around a little more. Seems to appear live only on GR - at the tail end of a weekend. JMO of course.

JB has a client with no money... why not show up LIVE for your good friend's show (GR) and get a nice little, fun maybe, trip to the big city. See a show, dine in nice restaurants, play on GR's boat - and write it all off as a business expense?? AND spread your name aroud a little more.

Just a thought.......maybe JB does have a plan of payment with all this publicity....somewhere along the line he'll be right up there with the rest of the big boys as soon as he learns legaleze and how to dance in front of the judge and get hooked up with a client that can actually PAY? Which will make up for all the work he did on this case and he can claim later that it was out of the kindness of his heart?:woohoo:

I'll be sad if it doesn't go to trial. I'm very much looking forward to this thing going to trial and Tru TV covering it LIVE. Good way to spend the rest of my winter.

I remember the Scott P case well. I was hugely pregnant and followed the trial very closely and sure enough, I went into labor while the jury was out for deliberation - ack! The first thing I did when I got into my L&D room was check to see if they had Court TV -- AND THEY DID. Whew.

Thankfully, the jury held out until I was home with my new baby.

Please, if anyone finds it, please post the Geraldo show! I missed it!

ITA. And if you listened to the hearing they had just recently, it already sounded like JB was posturing his strategy so that if she does get a conviction, he can appeal.

Uggghhh. This could be dragged through the courts for a long time.

Somehow I don't see this ever coming to trial. JB's full of hot air. They have no money. They have no case. Kobi's probably gonna bail, bet they haven't even paid him one dime and that's why they haven't sent him to analyze the evidence. JB's totally disorganized and hapless and inept. I don't see it happening.

Not sure what you are talking about here as to "they have no case" and "no money." Whether the defense has no money has nothing to do with whether they go to trial or not. The state does not care about the defense's lack of money. In any case, she will be tried on the theft and fraud charges, so she will end up in prison either way.
My only concern is that the state does not have enough evidence to prove a murder, or to prove that Casey did it... and I mean, proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

I wonder if JB has told KC that there is a good chance she will get life without parole.
Im just thinking about how honest he is being with her about her chances in court

I have wondered just how honest Casey has been with Baez.

Listening to those tapes last week she started off with the Nanny story then begins to implicated people close to her and then amends her Nanny story.

When Cindy asked "Is Zanny working alone or did she have help?"
Casey's reply was(paraphrasing) "I don't know, I haven't talked to anyone since I've been in jail." WHAT!!!??????!!!
Then we find out she came up with the Zanny and her sister took Caylee from me at Blanchard park.

The more theories and scenarios given to her, mostly by Cindy, the more BS Casey piles onto her absurd her story.

JB cracks me up. I seriously dout Casey has told him the truth of anything. He plans to defend someone knowing nothing more than what the state has thrown in his face to be facts, and how can he possibly defend any of that? Will Casey say that Caylee may have been in Target when she wrote those bad checks, or maybe she was at the bank at a drive through getting a lollipop and that was the reason she was there? And the decomp? Excuse me, no normal person would have a decomp preliminary report come back unless there was something decomposing in the car.Baez is screwed IMHO, and knows it..
I hope they do strike a deal with her, give up where Caylee's body is. I don't care if they take LWOP off, and offer her a chance of parole, I think there are enough people in this great US that would fly there to beg them not to do it anyways.. She would never be paroled out, and if she was, she wouldn't lead a normal life at all, instead it would be more fear for her than prison.

But according to Baez there is no decomp!

He was put on the spot, Kim Guilfoyle asked Baez if he's still buying the nanny story. It's going to be hard to get away with that since KC and her family have publicly stated the nanny took her. Baez in all his infinite wisdom told KG, I will not give my defense strategy, you will hear it in my opening arguments.

The way it stands I feel like Baez would not take a plea deal, he is going on the fact that Caylee is alive and the only way to defend his client would be to find Caylee...I wonder how much Kool Aid he's drank??? Or is it because he knows this is going to be televised and good for his practice. I believe he's doing the biggest injustice here but in the end it will ensure a life sentence for KC. He's got nothing but to try and allude to the fact that what they found in the trunk doesn't equal murder???? JMHO

Originally Posted by whiteangora
I think she did, he said "No one has asked me to yet". Or did I dream that?

Why isn't he being assertive? Why not just make arrangements to see the evidence or the car or whatever it is he needs to prepare his defense?

He's a lazy lawyer and maybe a good choice for KC....:)

Well exactly. I wouldnt WANT to see them in that situation. What I meant was more that I dont seen any way they could spin her knowing where the body is.

NO PLEA!!! PLEEZ, NO PLEA!!! This thing has to go to trial!

If the state will give a plea for less than Life in Prison, I think Ho-zay would be crazy not to take it. What's he got?

1. Caylee's alive. Her grandparents will swear to it. There have been all these tips and sighings ignored by police. Casey won't tell who Caylee was really with the last time she saw her because she's protecting her family from scary people. Problem with that, the state will show a creature who lied like a rug when her baby was in the hands of scary people and still won't co-operate to find Caylee because she's afraid the people are so scary they'd kill her. (I call that the WTF defense-leaving your child with people so scary they'd kill your whole family and her rather than helping the police and the FBI rescue your baby from people that scary. Would love to see KC on the stand explaining how that works.) The state has evidence of decomp on top of a pile of...lies and evasion emitting from the creature. Thirty one days. Made up babysitter. Made up alibi. Made up outcry witnesses. Made up people, names, addresses. Made up phone calls. Searching for baby byspinning once ridiculous story after another, living a lie, poll-dancing in nighclubs, acting like nothing was wrong, writing bad checks to buy big sun glasses and beer, and having lots of sex. NO rational, verifiable EXPLANATION of event during which Caylee went missing from perp. Evidence of decomposition in perp's trunk. Police can probably show monumental efforts on their part to track down credible tips, but I don't think the jury will find it unreasonable that they didn't go off on wild goose chases when the creature is so clearly guilty?

2. SODDI, and/or the police are incompetent. The infamous some other dude did it defense won't fly very far here when everybody else (who was a real human being, as opposed to a made-up one) co-operated fully, is on tape doing so, took lie detectors, passed while didn't take a lie detector, while the perp lied and obstructed on audio and video for all the world to see, won't even tell police what actually happened when Caylee went missing, waited 31 days to report her baby missing and partied like a fiend after her daughter had allegedly been taken by scary people. The police are also on tape and they look pretty competent. The Body Farm People and the FBI will probably look pretty good on the stand too. It's pretty clear that the mother of the year didn't give them anything to work with. If someone else took Caylee-- why has KC never said who, when, why, what really happened? If the decomp in KC's car wasn't Caylee's, then whose is it?

3. The creature is "bat-poop crazy." Well, probably, but not so crazy that she can't shop at Target, party at Fusion, cook lasagna, pick up people from airports, locate gas cans, steal her friends and family blind, google, myspace, lie like a pro and obstruct the police.

Ho-zay would be just as crazy if he didn't go for a plea, because I have a strong suspicion that not much will go his client's way if this goes all the way to trial. Yet, we know how things go at the Ant Farm, so this may very well end up before a jury. LE might NOT be offering much at this point either. They'd want a body, and there might not be one after all this time. They'd probably take a confession, though. It will be interesting to see.

(snipped)
If the state will give a plea for less than Life in Prison, I think Ho-zay would be crazy not to take it. What's he got?

1. Caylee's alive. Her grandparents will swear to it.
They'd like to do that during the trial, but it will not be allowed. :wink::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214