Geraldo Show 10/11/08 Interview w/ Baez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think it is that odd really. This case is receiving massive media attention...and every move Casey makes is being watched by LE. I am sure the Anthony house is bugged, and anything she would do on the computers there could be subject to discovery as well. But if she hangs out at JB's office - she can hide her activities under attorney/client privilege. I would imagine she still spends most of her time on the computer, or watching tv, or possibly using a private phone. None of which can be traced because of privilege. I doubt seriously that JB can afford to spend 6 hours a day with her....I think she is merely hanging out at his offices. She is also probably trying to avoid her family as much as possible too. In essence - it is her private refuge.
Not trying to be snarky. I just could care less about her having a private refuge. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it usually is a duck. IMHO

JB says since they leaked and didn't want to disclose is suspicious.

Geraldo said JB is a better lawyer than Casey deserves. JB said thank you but he thinks people just don't know Casey... (BLECH)

He needs to keep in mind that obviously alot of people thought they knew her and found out they were WRONG/ Didnt Amy, for instance, think she knew her? :eek:

Thank you, MiraclesHappen, I couldn't wait to finish reading to the end of this thread to try to say what you just said (but not nearly as well).

It seems like every single person who is in any way connected to this case (family, friends, LE, witnesses and even us who only observe from a distance) have become negatively affected in many ways. KC's evil deeds have not brought out the best in anyone.

My biggest concern with JB's thinking is that he feels LE is obligated to follow up on every possible sighting of Caylee. And it worries me because I have no idea what their responsibility is in that matter. What if they had 2,743,926 alleged sightings to try to follow up on? I mean when is enough, enough? I don't want JB to have any edge here by being able to say LE hadn't done enough but they have to have time to develop more substantial leads.

Certainly the smell in the car and the DNA evidence should be enough to put the skids on LE having to invest more manpower in the sightings, don't you all think?

In the motions hearing on Friday, The State Atty. stated herself that the majority of tips came from CA herself. The State Atty. said this in an open courtroom during court proceedings in front of a judge. I would be willing to bet that if in fact LE had received or do receive any credible and credible being the key word, that LE would follow up on it. LE are men and women with children of their own, I can't imagine for one second that they would deliberately not try to find a truely missing child.

"Although some bar members have argued that current conflict-of-interest rules preclude attorneys from having sex with clients, too many lawyers engage in such conduct because they believe it is not flatly prohibited, said John Strait, a Seattle University law professor and legal ethics expert who co-sponsored the proposal. "

(bolding is mine.)

Here is the link to the entire article... http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/atty22.html

Please note that I am NOT saying this is what is going on here... but it is certainly not impossible given Casey's history, eh?

So is that what they are doing for those six hour sessions? Where is his wedding ring and his wife? No news from that front...so, anything is possible...One thing that I have to do after watching this interview on You Tube (thanks Patty G) is to go and throw up. Yuck! He is infatuated with her...it is unbelieveble, but there it is written all over his face...yucky icky blah!

My biggest concern with JB's thinking is that he feels LE is obligated to follow up on every possible sighting of Caylee. And it worries me because I have no idea what their responsibility is in that matter. What if they had 2,743,926 alleged sightings to try to follow up on? I mean when is enough, enough?

Shortly, when they are able to indict Casey, enough will be enough and the false sightings will be called exactly what they are. People thought they spotted Laci Peterson too walking her dog, when sadly she was already dead and in the San Francisco Bay.

Time out! Please!
I realize many of us love to hate, intensely dislike, abhor and generally berate Casey. Pick your level of distaste and run with it. Same goes for Baez. I am absolutely guilty of doing that...

And yes, it is very odd for him to spend these long hours, day after day, with his client.

Who knows why the heck he is doing it. It could be as simple as, "Because he can."

I have asked the opinion of a couple of seasoned criminal trial atty's whom I trust implicitly. Every one of them thinks this is inexplicable..."never seen anything like it"....that sums it up.:rolleyes:

However, I would humbly submit that the best way to handle it at this juncture is to ignore it. I have been in the trap myself. Why give Baez further recognition for something we consider absurd? Why let it distract us?

We are above that sort of thing and we are above innuendo relative to this situation.

If we do not notice these long hours, then if whatever he is trying to accomplish is within the parameters of trying to confuse, annoy,rile, anger, or distract us,
well.....then WE WIN!!!
By ignoring this particular conduct we turn the tables...He accomplishes nothing. That even takes the fun out of it.

I just don't know what else to say.:blowkiss::)

jmho

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you, it makes it so difficult to get through a thread when we trail off on a tangent.

I realize it's so easy to make something more out of something, because this case is just so far from what we think of as the norm. It has opened so many doors to things we just can't imagine, that it's really easy to throw all the windows open too.

We can only hope that the people who are supposed to be professionals remember that the eyes of the nation are on them and that they act accordingly. More importantly, regardless of who someone is representing this story is really about a little girl who has not been seen since 2 months before her third birthday. If everyone could keep that in mind there would be no question about anyone behaving inappropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot