Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky news UK is reporting the co-pilot had a history of depression as Dr Know has stated above.

I understand that everyone is trying to understand why a man would do such commit such a horrendous act.
We may never fully understand.
Whether it was revenge because he was unhappy with his boss , miserable in his personal life etc., his act is so far from the normal way of handling situations.
Something was seriously WRONG with this man's mental health

I don't see what makes anyone think he cared if it looked like an accident. As a co-pilot, he would certainly know about the black box. I know about it and I don't even like to fly.

My guess would be he didn't care since he knew he'd be dead. I think generally when someone tries to make something look like an accident they are covering up a crime they don't want to be caught for. If you are already killing yourself, and taking all those innocents with you, I don't see why you would care.

I am someone that can actually understand suicide in some cases. I think I were diagnosed with a debilitating illness it is something I would certainly consider. However, I do not and will never understand taking innocent people with you. That is horrid. Make whatever choices you need to for your own life, but not for others.

JMO-I agree with this:
"if a person kills himself and 149 other people, another word should be used, not suicide,” said Carsten Spohr, Lufthansa Airlines CEO during a news conference Thursday morning."

I think (alleged) mass murder is how it should be termed, period. There are 149 innocent adults and children who lost their lives.
http://krqe.com/2015/03/26/lufthansa-ceo-it-doesnt-matter-what-kind-of-safety-measures-you-have/

I don't see what makes anyone think he cared if it looked like an accident. As a co-pilot, he would certainly know about the black box. I know about it and I don't even like to fly.

My guess would be he didn't care since he knew he'd be dead. I think generally when someone tries to make something look like an accident they are covering up a crime they don't want to be caught for. If you are already killing yourself, and taking all those innocents with you, I don't see why you would care.

I am someone that can actually understand suicide in some cases. I think I were diagnosed with a debilitating illness it is something I would certainly consider. However, I do not and will never understand taking innocent people with you. That is horrid. Make whatever choices you need to for your own life, but not for others.

OK

It was suggested by another poster
If you look back, you can see the post and ask that poster about the post

I was simply addressing it with my opinion

Unfortunately I did not post the quote

Post 597

I think his thought pattern (unlike EGYPT AIr) he wanted it to look like an accidnet and figured if he slammed hard the recorders would be too damaged ANd hey it appears he was 50% correct.

How awful, poor kids and everyone else.
May the co-pilot rest in eternal HELL if this is true.
I just can't understand how you'd want other people to die with you.
It's so ugly...Disgusting and gross. And I don't agree his parents are victims. They are responsible here. They brought this scum up.

So sad :tantrum::please::anguish:

The presenters on BBC rolling news just now seemed to suggest that the plane's route was 'much further to the east" than expected - can anyone comment on this?
View attachment 71601

Was the plane expected to fly along the red line on the map? Hmmm.

I believe that is the original path prior to this flight.

Sometimes, a Captain can request a deviation from the original plan. I know I have seen this mostly because of weather or air conditions. On flight aware, it will show the expected route before a flight, and it can sometimes change during the flight. I hope this makes sense. I can ask DH more when he lands.

Yeh MSNBC is srunning maps that do indicate a route deviation as well - to the east also. I am trying to find out distance between debris in a city and actual crash site. There does look as if there is "distance" indicating an aircraft shedding parts of itself on its way down. Does not a pppear to be a stall, so we could have explosive decompression that is where I am heading now just cause the plane def broke up in air as long as the reports about debris away from the actual impact scene - stuff was falling off.

THis also fits with the "noise" descritptions now coming in. Just my hunches at thsi point

Cnn just said this was the normal flight path,the other red line from Germany to Barcelona is were it originated from.

I just went back to the beginning of the thread and found where this was being speculated by CNN maybe? I don't always remember things well, so many thanks for confirming this was the flight plan.

This AP release says Lubitz became 'curt' as the pilot was briefing him, after initially being polite.

It also says that pic I posted of him earlier was beside the Goldengate Gate bridge in SF, not France as I said. Many apologies if that's the case. I didn't recognise it at all.

http://wtop.com/europe/2015/03/official-1-pilot-locked-out-of-crash-plane-cockpit/

It will be very interesting to listen to the CVR recording when it is released. I would be very interested in the word play between the two men. It was said on CNN that the pilot before leaving the cockpit had gone over the landing procedures to his co-pilot and would do so again when they were getting ready to land. Based on what we know so far, I am starting to believe that the co-pilot being young (maybe a know-it-all with a bad temper) may not have appreciated the way the older pilot was giving him instructions on something he already "knew" and became "curt" in his later replies. I think his anger at the older pilot caused him to deliberately activate the controls to change direction just to show him he could do what he wanted. I don't think that there was a terroristic or suicidal intent, but pure anger or temper at the pilot for telling him what to do and/or how to fly a plane and he crashed the plane, with the "I'll show him" attitude. No thought at all for the poor passengers on board.
MOO

Does anyone know where the Pilot training facility is in Arizona? The former NTSB lady on CNN says it is same training facility that some of the 911 pilots that took over the flights trained there too. I wonder when he was in the US for training how long was it? When he interrupted his pilot training how long was it and where did he spend that time?

Having 600 flight hours does not seem that much to me. Where is CARIIS when I need him?

JMO's

My heart goes out to the families of the victims; friends, loved ones. My heart also goes out to relatives of the co-pilot. Such a senseless tragedy.

It is befuddling to me for the media to keep stating that passengers knew nothing until the final seconds. It is a single isle aircraft, doesnt that defy common sense? I think anyone in an isle seat, watching and hearing your captain banging on the office door, while the aircraft is descending 45 minutes into a two hour flight , on a clear day, with changes to engine noises - I am sorry, but I think every sole aboard knew something was very amiss..................................imo

It will be very interesting to listen to the CVR recording when it is released. I would be very interested in the word play between the two men. It was said on CNN that the pilot before leaving the cockpit had gone over the landing procedures to his co-pilot and would do so again when they were getting ready to land. Based on what we know so far, I am starting to believe that the co-pilot being young (maybe a know-it-all with a bad temper) may not have appreciated the way the older pilot was giving him instructions on something he already "knew" and became "curt" in his later replies. I think his anger at the older pilot caused him to deliberately activate the controls to change direction just to show him he could do what he wanted. I don't think that there was a terroristic or suicidal intent, but pure anger or temper at the pilot for telling him what to do and/or how to fly a plane and he crashed the plane, with the "I'll show him" attitude. No thought at all for the poor passengers on board.
MOO
JMO-His deliberate choices that day sound to me like someone who is a sociopath.

It is befuddling to me for the media to keep stating that passengers knew nothing until the final seconds. It is a single isle aircraft, doesnt that defy common sense? I think anyone in an isle seat, watching and hearing your captain banging on the office door, while the aircraft is descending 45 minutes into a two hour flight , on a clear day, with changes to engine noises - I am sorry, but I think every sole aboard knew something was very amiss..................................imo

We'll only know if we see transcripts with time stamps. I could see a pilot trying to quietly get the attention of the co-pilot, first gently knocking and then using the phone multiple times. It would eventually be obvious, of course. But, responsible crew (if they could possible avoid it-even for a bit) would try to avoid scaring passengers.

Does anyone know where the Pilot training facility is in Arizona? The former NTSB lady on CNN says it is same training facility that some of the 911 pilots that took over the flights trained there too. I wonder when he was in the US for training how long was it? When he interrupted his pilot training how long was it and where did he spend that time?

Having 600 flight hours does not seem that much to me. Where is CARIIS when I need him?

JMO's

HOw nice I thank you. You know what I realized (casue yesterday those numbers really messed me up) It seemed they confused or like mixed tenure and flight hours. Casue yesterday wasnt it reported 10 years and the low flight hours. My first thought was my goodness this guy is not flying much? BUt today we find out he had only been with them for several months right- and the endless 10 year referance was for the pilot,

I hate to sound like this , but it occurred to me this "blur" might have been deliberate, 10 years experiecne in terms of public is markedly different than was "hired a couple of months ago". THe break in training is also pecular - casue it would result in you having to like "resume" a step back, casue they would have to assure there had been no loss of skill set over such a long peroid of time.

28 is pretty old to be living with mommy and daddy in a way no?

Kind feels like there were some stalls getting into adulthood?

Quiet/ reserved/no kids/ just in terms of developmental milestones seems delayed. Academic perofrmance has little relationship with mental illiness unless we are doing psycotic stuff. Many bipolars are brillant!

thanx again jg that was nice!

How awful, poor kids and everyone else.
May the co-pilot rest in eternal HELL if this is true.
I just can't understand how you'd want other people to die with you.
It's so ugly...Disgusting and gross. And I don't agree his parents are victims. They are responsible here. They brought this scum up.

So sad :tantrum::please::anguish:

Respectfully I don't blame his parents for this they are not responsible for what was going on in his head. I bet they feel terrible about what he has done and are greatly ashamed.

To me the cause can be traced back to 9/11 even if this wasn't purely a terrorist act. Prior to 9/11 the emphasis was to keep the plane in the air. And if that was impossible, to minimize resulting damage. Then 9/11 happened. Suddenly it was a possibility. And the whole world reacted. Think of the power!

As another example think of school shootings. I am sure those kids were not the first to think of going to school and starting to shoot. But they were the first to actually do it. Now it happens maybe not often but it certainly isn't unknown. And Columbine has become something of a talisman for disenfranchised kids.

I think we are seeing something similar here. 9/11 happened. Then wasn't it one of the Malasyia flights where they questioned if one of the pilots might have been suicidal?

I don't know but I am throwing it out there as a possibility.

It was the Co-Pilot who had the break in training. Per CNN

Respectfully I don't blame his parents for this they are not responsible for what was going on in his head. I bet they feel terrible about what he has done and are greatly ashamed.

I completely agree
As adults, we are responsible for our actions
He was 28 years old. HE is responsible for his actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics