Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the implication of glassine paper? (I didn't even know what it is until I just googled it!)

I wondered the same thing. All I could find is it's fun for crafts, good for treats. ?

After the crash of the German Wings flight, a woman boarded with an uneasy feeling. Now she thanked the pilot on Facebook - for finding the exactly right words.

The captain, she writes, came to the passengers before the start, greeted each personally and held a short speech. "About how he and the crew were strucked by this. He also said that the whole crew has a queasy feeling, but that they are all there voluntarily. And the fact that he has a family, that the crew has a family and that he's going to do everything to be with them again in the evening. "

After a short silence, everyone applauded. "I want to thank this captain," she writes. "Considering that he understood what everyone was thinking. And that he managed it to accomplish that at least I had a good feeling during the flight then."

http://www.stern.de/panorama/german...page&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=250315-0825

What is the implication of glassine paper? (I didn't even know what it is until I just googled it!)

It's used by pharmaceuticals to wrap certain powdered drugs. Also to carry cocaine and heroin. Maybe meth also.

9k8flt.jpg

"In Memory of the Victims of the Air Disaster of March 24, 2015" .... in several languages .... French, German, Spanish, English.

(I just saw this monument on our TV news. It is placed on its own in a field, with the majestic Alps towering behind it.)

Flowers are left in front of the monument in homage to the victims of Germanwings Flight 4U 9525 in Le Vernet, southeastern France.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...t-he-appeared-so-totally-normal-10137367.html

Le Vernet appears to be the closest town to the crash site.
WO-AV916_CRASHS_9U_20150326123315.jpg

http://www.wsj.com/articles/germanwings-co-pilot-named-as-andreas-lubitz-1427370009

I realize it is in bad taste to find humor in this....but that advert is morbidly hilarious.

I wonder if they will end up changing the GermanWings name. If anyone recalls, ValuJet changed their name to Airtran after the crash in a Florida swamp that supposedly lead to passengers being eaten by alligators.
Trying to find link but I read they are changing their name to Europe wing later this year anyway

Several articles say the captain went to use the bathroom.

If he did slip the captain something (like visine in his coffee) to bring on an illness that would explain why they were chatting normally during the beginning of the flight and then they got quiet as the captain started to feel sick.

Thank you as I did not realize that it was confirmed the bathroom use.

I agree its very possible he could have slipped him something in his drink to make sure the captain left the cockpit. Maybe something that would make him nauseous to want to throw up which would almost guarantee he would leave cockpit.

It is interesting to wonder how he got the captain out of the cockpit. Maybe he knew of some switch or setting he could throw in the cockpit that would force the captain to go reset a breaker just outside the cabin?

Its a question for someone who may know this airplaine. Is there some switch or something he knew about that would force the captain to leave the cockpit to reset a breaker or something?

Morning all !

Presser soon!Please be Brice RObin!

Hat
THere are no controls on the other side of the cockpit door related to control of the plane. Yeserday, he gave a clear indication that it was the bathroom, (I concluded that he really had to go however in that he left immediatly after it is legal (hit cruise). the sounds on the cockpit indicate normalcy, his seat could be heard being pushed back) In addition, I might speculate that the Captain did the take off, in that he stated, per law "you have control"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/world/europe/germanwings-crash-andreas-lubitz.html?_r=0

THey have found destroyed notes from doctor indicating that he was unfit to fly.

Hid Medical Condition From Employer, Documents Show and it might not be psyc, it could be something medical , but to him , that means loss of his love and livlihood.

he had sick notes from doctors for him to call off
I am back to emplyer/emploee issue - flying meant the world to him and that being threatened to be taken away, like Egypt AIr, I will get revenge on all of you that are in the postition to take my dream and livlihood, and it looks like that is about to happen, (or it is getting closer to be found out)

revenge with a mental skew of narcisim, how dare you, i am a great pilot, i WILL get you

it also struck me that possibility that this doctor who had declared him unfit to fly might have done so recently, which would answer the why now wht this flight etc

Watching CNN right now. Investigators found ripped up notes from doctor giving him a few days off - including the day he flew. Wow, so he kept this from his employer I take it bc there's no way they'd put him in a cockpit if they knew! Makes me question the medical privacy act worldwide.

Watching CNN right now. Investigators found ripped up notes from doctor giving him a few days off - including the day he flew. Wow, so he kept this from his employer I take it bc there's no way they'd put him in a cockpit if they knew! Makes me question the medical privacy act worldwide.

Wow. This is not good. If the doctor sent this type of note directly to him , then that is really bad. Because if he really had mental issues then a note like that could easily trigger him to go off the handle even more. Which obviously may have contributed to what happened.

Just curious, was the note found at his apt or his parents' home?

They say his home.

"Alps crash co-pilot Andreas Lubitz hid the details of an existing illness from his employers, German prosecutors say.

In their statement, prosecutors said they seized medical documents from the Mr Lubitz’s home indicated “an existing illness and appropriate medical treatment”.

But “the fact that, among the documents found, there were sick notes - torn-up, current and for the day of the crash - leads to the provisional assessment that the deceased was hiding his illness from his employer”, the report states."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...e-co-pilot-who-crashed-his-plane-live-updates

Just curious, was the note found at his apt or his parents' home?

The BBC is reporting it was found at his 'apartments', rather than his parent's house, although they haven't specified further.

Looks as though maybe he feared a repeat of the time when he was training and couldn't fly for 18 months. The more that comes out, the sadder this whole thing becomes.

So, he wasn't going to be able to fly ... so he took 149 other people with him. :mad:

Wow, so he kept this from his employer I take it bc there's no way they'd put him in a cockpit if they knew! Makes me question the medical privacy act worldwide.

That is a double edged sword. If pilots (or anyone) know that seeking treatment for depression could result in losing their job then many will NOT seek treatment or they will buy meds online to avoid detection.

So, he wasn't going to be able to fly ... so he took 149 other people with him. :mad:
We don't know for sure when or why he decided to become a mass murderer. He personally chose to end the lives of babies, kids, adults. My thoughts are with the innocent 149.
Wonder if there is more in the documents that will come out over time.

This is pure speculation on my part but if he was taking some kind of medication it also could have contributed. Some medicines can have a bad side effect of giving suicidal thoughts.

I used to kind of brush off hearing about medicines like that. Commercials on TV sometimes talk about side effects like this. I used to kind of brush it off until the one time a very long time ago when I took some medicine that did make me think strangely and it was scary. I quit taking it immediately and then realized some of the side effects that deal with thoughts is very scary.

I also once was prescribed some medicine that made me madder than usual. That was real scary too. Every time I took it, I would get abnormally upset with other people. Then it dawned on me it was the medicine causing it. So I quit taking it and went back to the doctor to try to get an alternative medicine.

Medicines like that scare the heck out of me now. The conflict is sometimes people need certain medicines. Just wish the medicines could do their job without bad side effects.

We dont yet know if the copilot was even taking any medicine yet. I have to wonder now since doctor notes are being found. Just speculating until more is known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke