Germany - 14 injured in mass stabbing on a bus - Luebeck, 20 July 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Knifeman 'wounds at least 14 people in rampage on bus in Germany' and dumps 'smouldering backpack' before being arrested

A knifeman 'carrying a smouldering backpack' has wounded at least 14 people in a rampage on a packed bus in northern Germany.

Horrified witnesses described scenes of 'carnage' on the bus in the city of Luebeck as the man dumped his bag on the ground and launched an attack with a kitchen knife.

A victim who had just offered his seat to an elderly woman was stabbed in the chest while the bus driver, who was also attacked, slammed the brakes on so terrified passengers could flee.

Knifeman 'wounds at least 14 people in rampage on bus in Germany' | Daily Mail Online

German bus stabbing in Lübeck leaves 14 wounded, reports say

Fourteen people have been wounded, some seriously, in a knife attack on a bus in the German city of Lübeck, local reports say.

Police in the city, in the northern state of Schleswig-Holstein, said a suspect had been taken into custody.

'Fourteen wounded' in German bus stabbing

Why, are they against knife attacks?

I think whatsnext means there is a very high chance that the attack was carried out by a recent migrant from the Middle East or a similar place. The AfD has been growing fast recently because many Germans are angry about the scale of immigration from the Third World, especially over the past 2 or 3 years.

Why? Are they against knife attacks?

Lol, I should have been clearer about that. Like Melmoth said, they are growing fast here , and In my opinion they are Nazis.:mad: the german press is not so helpful IMO, because every time one of those immigrants commits a murder, they are making a huge deal about it, while murders comitted by germans don't get such a huge attention. JMO of course. While I am also not very happy about Merkel , the thought of having Nazis rule my home country again makes me want to throw up:eek::mad:

Lol, I should have been clearer about that. Like Melmoth said, they are growing fast here , and In my opinion they are Nazis.:mad: the german press is not so helpful IMO, because every time one of those immigrants commits a murder, they are making a huge deal about it, while murders comitted by germans don't get such a huge attention. JMO of course. While I am also not very happy about Merkel , the thought of having Nazis rule my home country again makes me want to throw up:eek::mad:

I'm not familiar with the politics or policies of Germany, so could you tell me... Are these immigrants from the Middle East fully vetted before being able to leave their ports of entry?

I'm not familiar with the politics or policies of Germany, so could you tell me... Are these immigrants from the Middle East fully vetted before being able to leave their ports of entry?

No, not at all. There were hundreds of thousands of them, almost all young men and mostly of military age travelling without family members, from Syria, Iraq and places east of there. They poured through Turkey and into Greece and the Balkans, overwhelming border points and guards in the Balkans and forcing their way NW through what was previously Yugoslavia, and then through Hungary and Austria. Most were aiming for Germany and Sweden because it was well known about social benefits being very generous in those countries.

Within a few months of their arrival, well-attested reports of sexual assaults on local women went through the roof.

It's worth mentioning that IS/ISIS were very open about using these mass migrations to infiltrate IS fighters into western Europe.

The knifeman has a German passport, he is originally from Iran. He was in the German army. Background of the attack remains unclear.

Lübeck: Messer-Attacke in Bus, mehrere Verletzte

Nothing to see here folks, never mind the background, the knife, the stabbings, the backpack and the fact that it happened on a Friday afternoon. Please move on.

Full translation:

Punched a bus driver, then the criminal stabbed him!
Attacker (34) put down backpack ++ Fire accelerant found ++ Nine injured ++ Perpetrator German national of Iranian origin ++ He was a soldier in the Bundeswehr ++ Attorney General: "We have no evidence of political radicalisation in any form"

In Lübeck (Schleswig-Holstein) nine people were injured in a knife attack in a fully occupied bus - one of them seriously!

Schleswig-Holstein's Interior Minister Hans-Joachim Grote (CDU) to BILD: "The suspect is a 34-year-old man - he is a German citizen of Iranian origin. Six bus passengers were injured with a knife. A total of nine people were injured."

According to the attorney general, there were no deaths.

The area around a bus stop in the district of Kücknitz has been cordoned off. The crime took place in a bus to Travemünde (line 30). There the harbour festival "Travemünder Woche" began on Friday at the Lübeck Bay.

Interior Minister Grote told BILD about the attack: "The suspect was standing in the middle of the articulated bus at 1:47 pm. The bus driver could see in the mirror how the man wanted to put down his backpack."

The driver then stopped the bus and approached the perpetrator. Grote: "He confronted the man, then the man punched him in the face."

After the following skirmish, the knife attack took place. "The man pulled out a knife and indiscriminately stabbed six bus passengers. "In addition to the bus driver, two other people suffered other injuries."

According to Attorney General Dr. Ulla Hingst, other passengers intervened and were able to overwhelm the attacker. "The police were able to take him into custody." He is to be questioned by the police on Friday.

Attorney General: "We do not have any evidence of political radicalisation. The background of the crime is still unclear."

According to the prosecutor, the bomb disposal service examined the attacker's backpack in the bus. BILD found out: They found fire accelerant in the bag.

Eyewitnesses told the newspaper "Lübecker Nachrichten" that smoke had risen from the backpack. The bus driver was quick-witted enough to open the doors so that the passengers could escape.

BBM

Video from twitter. Click on the link. Alleged stabman at around 24 sec. He is sitting in a police van. In restraints. His face has been blurred, but not that much. (I saw the video before the blurring.)

dpa on Twitter

dpa‏ @dpa

Die Hintergründe sind weiterhin unklar: Ein Mann hat in einem Linienbus in Lübeck unvermittelt Fahrgäste angegriffen und acht Menschen verletzt.

The background remains unclear: A man suddenly attacked passengers in a public bus in Lübeck and injured eight people.

BBM

Messerangriff in Linienbus - 12 Verletzte

A massive knife attack took place on Friday in a bus in the Lübeck district of Kücknitz. Several people were injured. The police caught the perpetrator quickly. According to information from LN, he is a 34-year-old man who was born in Iran and has lived in Lübeck for many years.

Meanwhile, the police speak of 12 injured. The police call witnesses to come forward - even those who were not injured on the bus.

BBM

What type of festival is this? Trying to figure out a motive although I realise there may be none

What type of festival is this? Trying to figure out a motive although I realise there may be none

Sailing event and festival. All info here:
Home - Travemünder Woche [ ENG ]

The motive is problably very simple: wanting to kill as many unbelievers as possible either due to mental problems or as a supporter of say, ISIS, the former does not exclude the latter.

This attack reminds me of the attack last year, in the nearby Hamburg:
Terrorist kills one and injures several in store in Hamburg, Germany, 28 July 2017
Almost to the day, kitchen knife, rampage, toxic mix of madness, salafism and ISIS.

We'll wait and see.

ATTACKER FELT CHASED BY NEIGHBOURS

Der Spiegel
Lübeck: Messerangriff in Bus - was über den Täter bekannt ist

SPIEGEL TV spoke with the father of the arrested man. His son Ali D. was born in Iran and came to Germany at the age of six. He attended high school, but he left school without graduating from high school. Ali D. served in the German Bundeswehr; according to his father, he was unemployed lately.

Ali D. lives in an apartment in Lübeck. The father describes his son as psychologically suspicious. "He felt chased by the neighbors." His son claimed that they maltreated him with harmful radiation attacks through the wall. "He always said my body is on fire. Or, "They want to break my eyes."

In addition, the 34-year-old is said to have fought with his ex-partner over custody. The daughter had not been allowed to see Ali D. for a long time, his father says. "That's why he was frustrated and angry."
His son had announced that he wanted to emigrate. Allegedly, he's already deregistered his apartment. According to his father, Ali D. had nothing at all to do with religion.

What exactly happened inside the bus just before 2 pm is not quite clear, according to the authorities. According to initial findings, the perpetrator had a backpack with him. It contained accelerants.

He apparently placed the backpack in the middle of the articulated bus, the backpack caught fire. When the bus driver noticed this, he stopped the bus on the right side of the road and tried to fight the flames with a fire extinguisher.

Then the bus driver was attacked from behind, he told the newspaper "Lübecker Nachrichten". Presumably the perpetrator had tried to prevent him from extinguishing the fire. Schleswig-Holstein's Interior Minister Hans-Joachim Grote (CDU) said that the bus driver had been beaten with his fist.

One passenger of the bus reported that the perpetrator attacked the passengers indiscriminately with a knife. People would have tried to defend themselves against the attacks.

The bus driver may have prevented worse by opening the doors. People fled the vehicle screaming. A police patrol noticed the smoking bus and was able to arrest the perpetrator. It is not clear whether the perpetrator was overwhelmed by police officers or passengers.

On Saturday morning, the man will be brought before the judge. Investigators accused him of serious assault and attempted serious arson. According to the public prosecutor's office, he has not yet commented on the allegations.

A witness said the man was wearing a winter jacket. That is why she noticed him before the crime on this warm day in the centre of Lübeck-Kücknitz. The man seemed to be in a state of neglect.

Blood spatter can still be seen on the sidewalk a few hours after the crime. Minister of the Interior Grote has left again; he cancelled his participation in the opening of the Travemünde Week planned for this evening.

BBM

If all this is relevant, why did he attack passengers on a bus instead of the neighbours?

Twee Nederlanders gewond bij steekpartij Lübeck

Two young Dutchmen from Friesland were injured during the stabbing in a bus in Lübeck. One of them is still in hospital. They were on holiday in Hamburg with two women, also from Friesland.

The two wounded men are both 21 years of age, the Dutch embassy in Germany confirms to the NOS. The four knew each other from the Beyers Naudé gymnasium [highschool] in Leeuwarden, Omrop Fryslan reports.

The victim who is still in hospital was stabbed down by the perpetrator. One of the Frisian men involved said that there was fire in the bus in two places. This caused a great deal of panic. Only later did he see the man with the knife when the man stabbed his friend.

BBM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82