Germany - American woman dead after man ‘throws two tourists off bridge’ at German castle - 14 June 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:mad:

"American Troy Bohling admits to rape and murder of fellow US tourist, 21,

and pushing her friend, 22,

off a cliff near Germany's 'Cinderella' castle

as it emerges he

filmed the tragedy".

1708358582240.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ay-child-*advertiser censored*-cellphone.html

The DM link does not show properly because of *advertiser censored* word in it

These are OK

"A verdict in the case is expected to be announced by mid-March at the earliest."

Last edited:
@ChatteringBirds according to above article he has admitted to it but Idk if in the eyes of the law that is exactly the same as pleading guilty. Sorry, legal terminology especially across different countries is not my forte.

According to the above link from BBC, the lawyers claim this man acted spontaneously rather than with intent. I find that hard to believe considering that he lured both women off onto a different, rather secluded trail AND that after the second woman came to the aid of the first, he didn't come to his senses and lay off both. No, he attacked the first one again, even more viciously than before. :mad:
MOO

@seasideForest You're right. I should have worded that differently, because I don't think you make a plea during a German trial, but I'm not sure.

Per your link

"Lawyers denied the suspect acted with intent, telling the court that he acted spontaneously."

How sickening. Trying to claim that rape and murder of two people is spontaneous. I hope he does spend the rest of his life in prison in Germany. The children in the material found on his phone are victims of him too. All IMO.

Trying to claim that rape and murder of two people is spontaneous. I hope he does spend the rest of his life in prison in Germany. All IMO.
RSBM and underlined by me.

What I underlined is not likely to happen in Germany imho. They don't go in for prison sentences of 75 years or 150 years or whatever that seems to happen in the US sometimes. Just IMHO based on what I read.

@ChatteringBirds I agree, I don't think he's likely to change or to respond to therapy or anything like that though I'm no expert so JMO but in some countries 'life' doesn't seem to mean to the end of somebody's actual life-span. That absolutely reprehensible Fritzl in Austria is going to be moved to an old people's home soonish afai recall, for example.

I'm no expert on lengths of prison terms and comparisons thereof but it seems there's more likelihood of getting a really long sentence in the US, longer than a human lifespan whereas in western European countries and Canada a murderer might get 20-25 years and then parole. If they're in their 20's, 30's or even 40's, they could go out and kill again. There are mechanisms to keep the really dangerous ones in prison e.g. in the UK 'at the King's pleasure' or something like that.

Maybe TPB could be extradited?

All MOO.

@ChatteringBirds I agree, I don't think he's likely to change or to respond to therapy or anything like that though I'm no expert so JMO but in some countries 'life' doesn't seem to mean to the end of somebody's actual life-span. That absolutely reprehensible Fritzl in Austria is going to be moved to an old people's home soonish afai recall, for example.

I'm no expert on lengths of prison terms and comparisons thereof but it seems there's more likelihood of getting a really long sentence in the US, longer than a human lifespan whereas in western European countries and Canada a murderer might get 20-25 years and then parole. If they're in their 20's, 30's or even 40's, they could go out and kill again. There are mechanisms to keep the really dangerous ones in prison e.g. in the UK 'at the King's pleasure' or something like that.

Maybe TPB could be extradited?

All MOO.
'At the King's pleasure' is just general speak for someone in prison, whole life tariff are given to some prisoners depending on the severity of the crime meaning they will die in prison, others are jailed for life but with a minimum time determined by the judge at sentencing to be served before they could be considered for parole.

"He then allegedly threw the younger woman to the ground. According to the investigation, the 22-year-old intervened in this situation, whereupon the man is said to have pushed the companion about 50 meters down. The prosecution assumes that the man then strangled and raped the 21-year-old. He is then said to have thrown her down the slope too."
Thank you, this recap of events makes more sense!

Initially, it was reported that he attacked one, the other one rushed to her protection and was strangled and pushed down. And I always thought that was odd, that he had the time and opportunity to strangle the girl that rushed to fight him off (was the first one already passed out or similar?) and that he did not strangle the one he attacked initially. This makes way more sense, as the pairing of attempted SA and strangulation is very common and quickly pushing off the "extra witness" also makes sense.

I hope she was able to call from help after the fall (he could no longer stop her either) or that someone interrupted the crime (no info on that so far - but considering how touristy it is, it must also be crowded).

A US man has been sentenced to life in prison for the rape and murder of a fellow American tourist and the attempted murder of her friend near one of Germany's top visitor attractions.

In Monday's sentencing in district court in the town of Kempten, Bavaria, Judge Christoph Schwiebacher noted the "particular severity of guilt" in the case.
He indicated the killer would probably not be eligible for parole after 15 years, which is typical for people who receive life sentences in Germany, according to Agence France-Presse news agency.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute
Back