Found Safe Germany - Danielle Anderson, 39, Berlin Schönefeld Airport, 18 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

HayLouise

Law Student
Reaction score
20 August 2019:

Institute FC Chairman appeals for help finding daughter last seen at German airport

52063519-BD6A-4B01-AEDB-1EE1CD609CF9.jpeg

The Chairman of Institute Football Club has appealed for help in locating his daughter who was last seen at a German airport on Sunday.

The Londonderry club issued an appeal for help on social media on Tuesday.

Chairman Bill Anderson's daughter Danielle Anderson (39) was last seen at Berlin Schonefeld Airport.

She was due to get on a 10.40am flight to Belfast on Sunday, but missed her flight and was unable to get another.

Mr Anderson said that Danielle had been in contact with her partner until around 9:30pm on Sunday night, but after that she had been unresponsive to calls and texts.

Ms Anderson's mother currently lives in Germany.

"She was to travel home from Berlin on Sunday morning but she missed her flight," Mr Anderson explained.

"She tried for a long time to get another but was unable to get one.

"She was messaging with her partner who is back home (in Northern Ireland) until Sunday night and since then there has been no further contact, we have been unable to locate her.”

Mr Anderson said that the family was exploring every avenue to try and locate Danielle.

"We have been in touch with the British Embassy in Berlin and reported her missing to the German police and given details to the PSNI," he said.

"Her mum lives in Germany and is there at the moment."

The Institute Chairman said that he had wanted to travel to Germany but had been unable to as his passport was about to expire.

upload_2019-8-20_21-57-40.png
"I'm going to try and get out there, but will have to wait two days to get an emergency appointment for a new passport," Mr Anderson said.

Danielle's brothers have posted online asking people to share photo's of Danielle to help locate her.

"We wanted to put it on social media to find out anything we can," Mr Anderson said.

"If anyone has any information at all that would be useful we would appreciate them making contact."

Mr Anderson said it was out of character for Danielle to lose touch with her family.

"It's not like her at all, she's a 39-year-old mother with a young child," he said

"We're keen to know that she's safe, that is our main priority. There has been no response on her phone, to calls, texts, anything."

Institute FC asked for Irish League clubs and supporters to help find Danielle.

"Everyone at Institute FC is thinking of the family and praying for Danielle's safe and speedy return," the club said on social media.

Anyone with information is asked to contact German police on 08006888000.

Institute FC Chairman appeals for help finding daughter last seen at German airport - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Q Radio News‏ @qnewsdesk

The family and friends of Danielle Anderson are continuing to appeal for information regarding her whereabouts. The 39 year-old was last seen at Berlin Schonefeld Airport on Sunday.

ECegSkbXoAAe1Jx.jpg

Q Radio News on Twitter

What a strange story. Was she on the airport, still hoping to get a flight, or was she somewhere else when she had the last contact with her partner (9.30 pm)? Did she go back for the night to her mother's place? Did she make other arrangements? Sure her plans were discussed with her partner. Maybe they had a quarrel, her missing her flight to begin with?

Researched her flight a bit since they said she was due to depart at 10:40.
Schoenfeld airport is very small and not all flights operate daily.

Her scheduled flight seems to be with RyainAir. Flight #1478. Operates on Sundays and Thursdays only.
History ✈ Ryanair #1478 ✈ FlightAware
So that explains her inability to catch another flight out of Schoenfeld that day, though not where she might be now.

Was her last contact with her partner/anyone at 9:30am (an hour before her flight) or 9:30pm (11 hours after)

Did she not have any money left? At such a small airport with very few airlines and with her flight only operating 2 days a week, I would think it would be clear shortly after arriving late to the airport and talking with agents at the check in that a flight out wasn't going to be possible anytime soon without paying for 1-2 more tickets with another airline to get to say, Frankfurt (extremely large/busy airport in Germany) and then go to Belfast from there on possibly yet another airline.
Or to check her luck at Berlin-Tegel airport nearby (also small but has more flights to other larger cities)

I just find it odd she waited until 9:30pm (possibly?) waiting to get out of there.... No talks of plans of getting a hotel nearby for 4 days until the next flight with her airline or plans to go to a different airport nearby? It makes me think lack of funds/lack of a credit card may have been an issue. She could have departed, somehow, but it would likely have been expensive. If money was the issue, that greatly limits her options for flying out or what to do/where to go in the meantime.

The article said her mother lives in Germany. Is that who she was visiting? No calls to her mother to explain the situation or have her pick her up in the meantime?

Last edited:
8/19/2019 post on I think her brother's Facebook page (I'm not sure this is allowed)

**UPDATE**
She was last at Laggner's Almhütte Berlin from 21:15 to at least 22:30 just outside the airport. If anyone has any more information or who knows someone who might please get in touch and share this post. Also something about she left the club to a nearby airport.

Last edited:
8/19/2019 post on I think her brother's Facebook page (I'm not sure this is allowed)

**UPDATE**
She was last at Laggner's Almhütte Berlin from 21:15 to at least 22:30 just outside the airport. If anyone has any more information or who knows someone who might please get in touch and share this post.

Laggner's Almhütte Berlin

https://www.google.com/search?q=Laggner's+Almhütte+Berlin&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#lkt=overview&trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:3303550013558683995,rc_q:Laggner%E2%80%98s%20Almh%C3%BCtte%20Berlin,ru_q:Laggner%E2%80%98s%20Almh%C3%BCtte%20Berlin

(Unfortunately we cant link to family members SM) :/ will keep an eye on MSM for this update - thanks

If I'm correct the nearest Airport is Berlin-Tegel, a 31 minutes drive (apart from traffic jams). Another option is Schönhagen Airport in Trebbin. I wonder if somebody saw her taking a taxi. Maybe somebody offered her a lift to bring her there....

I know Berlin Schönefeld airport well. It's really quite small and there isn't a huge amount there apart from a few tiny duty free shops. So if she had missed her flight, the Almhütte, which is just outside the airport, is about the only place you can go to sit down and get something to eat/drink and they have some decent toilets. Definitely the best option for somewhere to rest. It seems logical that she would go there then if she was maybe looking at flights on her phone or if she wanted to phone someone to see what options she had. It's also on the way to the taxis and public transport links so whatever she decided to do, it would be a good place to start off from. And if she did phone someone and ask for a lift, it's a good place to meet someone.

There is a train station for the airport and a few buses that go back and forth to the city as well, so she would have lots of options of where to go, especially if she knew the city well. I don't know about Belfast flights but I know most UK flights go from Schönefeld - certainly to the Midlands where I normally fly from. And Easy jet have their own terminal there.

Despite it's size, it's very busy airport, and I can imagine it would be easy for her to go unnoticed in the queues of people.

Do we know why she missed her flight? Had she already checked her luggage in, or was she late to the airport itself?

21 August 2019:

Danielle Anderson missing: Institute FC update appeal

They told Belfast Live: "The news we have got is that they think she was spotted between 21:15 and 22:30 at a restaurant outside the airport. The restaurant is called Laggner's Almhütte.

"We are just hoping for her quick and safe return. All help with the appeal is much appreciated."

Football club update appeal to help find Chairman's missing daughter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back