Germany Germany - Katrin Konert, 15, Bergen an der Dumme, 01 Jan. 2001

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
There are many articles and podcasts about Katrin's case, but here is a law enforcement link.

Katrin, then 15-years-old , has been missing since January 1, 2001.
She was last seen near the town center of Bergen an der Dumme, Germany.

She was 1.60 m (5'3") tall, had chin-length dyed-black hair, was wearing a black “bomber jacket” with orange lining, black corduroy trousers, black boots and a white turtleneck sweater.

The Lüneburg Police Department has offered a reward of 10,000 euros for relevant information that leads to a conviction.

1705326640417.png
''Katrin Konert has been missing since the beginning of 2001: In the early evening of January 1, the then 15-year-old left her boyfriend's apartment in Bergen/Dumme in the Lüchow-Dannenberg district. Katrin Konert is trying to find a ride home to Groß Gaddau, 13 kilometres away. Several witnesses see the girl that evening, but she never arrives home. The police check friends, acquaintances and neighbors, search for the driver of a dark car, follow leads to the red-light district and to a sect in Bergen.

To this day, Katrin Konert's whereabouts are unknown''​

Did she hitchhike? 13 kilometers is very close and probably there were bus connections, although not sure about a public holiday.

The police call for hints actually suggests they think she may have hitchhiked. And that either her or the prospective killer was in a relationship crisis and may have been involved in substance use or been suicidal. Weirdly specific questions to ask from the public.

Here is a video about Katrin's case in German with a lot of info, I don't have the time to translate rn:

And here is a shorter one in English:

I also recall there was a documentary on YouTube about her family, but I can't find it anymore.
And here is the bus stop she was last seen at.

Edit: Found the family documentary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe
Back