Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True to a point but you’ve missed the context to the other.

People who came forward at the time & gave eye witness accounts may well recognise it was him.

Or (for example) Jim the gardener who’d borrowed a rake from CB the day before, who’d only have known CB’s presence was relevant to the case in 2020.
I doubt they could recognise him with any certainty after after so many years, [particularly if they had only seen him in passing at the time .
The best they might manage is " yeah, it could be him"
This is the drawback of having his photo splashed all over the media on a regular basis.
IMO

I doubt they could recognise him with any certainty after after so many years, [particularly if they had only seen him in passing at the time .
Cold case reviews only usually get solved with advancements in DNA detection, witness statements no doubt play a part but imo unlikely to be definitive.

I don’t understand how this can work.

CB was arrested in 2018 in Italy. He has been in custody since.

HaB came forward after the 2020 appeal and this is when her comments about the scar/tatoo/ladder in tights became public.

So when did CB have the birthmark removed?

Am I missing something?

I don't think you are. :D The circus really has come to town with this trial.

Unless of course when he went to the A&E that time (Nov 2020) after being attacked in prison, he asked the doc 'Any chance you could whip this off while I'm here?' and the doc, 'Ja, for sure, no problem'. That's possible too, said no one ever.

Last edited:
It is commented here as if what the media regurgitates was all that the prosecution could have.
I keep thinking and believing that there will be more...and “surprises” to come.

He might have done that quite soon after the rape. Perhaps because his birthmark remained visible in the film. Maybe more will come out ...
Would it not have been simpler to destroy the video ?

There no doubt are, but we'll need to wait for the media to tell us :)
Maybe not everything.
It will be more whatever they can get or allowed to.
Hope that what more the prosecution may have, it can be conclusive, and if it is the case, in the end, allow keeping him in more years serving justice to the victims.

He might have done that quite soon after the rape. Perhaps because his birthmark remained visible in the film. Maybe more will come out ...

That's an interesting thought. If he's guilty in the HaB case, and he did have this birthmark/mole and it was visible in the footage he took, he might have had it removed in case it turned out to be something his victim had noticed and might use against him should he be tracked down.

But, in any case, I'm sure, if guilty, the prosecution will not be relying on this mole/not mole aspect one way or the other.

Last edited:
The best they might manage is " yeah, it could be him"
This is the drawback of having his photo splashed all over the media on a regular basis.
IMO
In relation to the rapes, who could have come forward?

We know that HeB and MS didn’t so there is unlikely to be any other witnesses to the video recorded crimes.

The HaB rape is not the MM case. Who knows what the investigation was like but no one was prosecuted. It is unlikely it had a public profile so why would people have come forward.

I don’t think there are… “witnesses who came forward at the time.” This thinking relates only to the MM case.

The indecent exposure crimes were witnessed. There are statements and he will almost certainly be found guilty of these crimes.

Last edited:
Going back to the mole or whatever, this from 2020.

“Hazel B said the perpetrator had a noticeable tattoo or birthmark on his right buttock”, explained Fülscher. “That excludes Christian B straight away as he doesn’t have anything like that”.

It will be interesting to see whether the birthmark/scar/tattoo/rip in the tights is a key feature in Hazel’s trial. IMO I doubt it will be.

It is commented here as if what the media regurgitates was all that the prosecution could have.
I keep thinking and believing that there will be more...and “surprises” to come.
I think you’re right. There will be more evidence that the public aren’t aware of.

As HCW said clearly. There are parallels between what CB wrote/draw & these crimes. If so that would mean CB knew things only the perpetrator would have known.

CB & cosmetic surgery has come up several times now.from several people. One wonders (very dubiously) whether there are parallels between cosmetic surgery & the victims.

I think you’re right. There will be more evidence that the public aren’t aware of.

As HCW said clearly. There are parallels between what CB wrote/draw & these crimes. If so that would mean CB knew things only the perpetrator would have known.

CB & cosmetic surgery has come up several times now.from several people. One wonders (very dubiously) whether there are parallels between cosmetic surgery & the victims.
We discussed CB’s jaw realignment surgery in earlier threads. IIRC, the procedure was not cosmetic and he returned to Germany to get it done for free.

Great evidence if true!

I kind of wonder why police had a "full scan" of him on file - do police forces really have such things?

And by the time the HB case went public he was in prison, so how did he have surgery? or did he have the surgery a long time ago?
In cases where the only evidence is photographic, comparison will be made between a suspect's physical appearance and the image.

CB was investigated, charged, convicted and served a custodial sentence in relation to the sexual assault of a minor.

Snip
... and then in 2016 he was convicted for child sex abuse and possessing indecent images.

Given the nature of investigations into indecent images it would be appropriate for the police to have unclothed images of a suspect in evidence.

In DM's case she was subject to being photographed for evidence in the 2005 crime for which CB was found guilty. In HB's case, she too was subject to being photographed for evidence in the 2004 case for which CB is now standing trial.

Interestingly CB as well as having the blemish removed from his thigh, is also alleged to have had remedial work carried out on his jaw.

Snip
It was previously reported in a television investigation that Brueckner had his jaw reset and four 'rabbit' teeth straightened during a procedure at a private dental clinic in his native Germany.

The TV probe found he flew from Portugal back to Germany for the procedure - thought to have cost around £7,500 four months after little Madeleine vanished in Praia da Luz.

You think ? Personally unless I was in close contact with anyone or an incident occurred where my attention was drawn to a person I wouldn't recognise people who had been in a resort on holiday at the same time as me .
I think many witnesses will be called for this trial each of whose testimony will be listened to and evaluated according to merit.
  • 2004: HB was subjected to an appallingly long and painful ordeal during which she made close and detailed observations of her attacker despite his mask.
Her memory seems to be very clear about the incident. She didn't see the assailant from a distance it was very close and personal.
  • 2007: The sexual abuse of a 10-year-old German girl on a beach in Salema, Faro
The assailant was disturbingly close to his target who was thus able to give a detailed description to the police at the time, as did other witnesses who chased him away.
  • 2017: The sexual abuse of an 11-year-old Portuguese girl in a playground in Bartolomeu de Messines
CB was arrested at the scene by an off duty police officer. She is a trained observer.
Snip
Vanessa said she encountered CB while off duty at a food festival with her daughter in Messines ...
She said: “Two kids came running over and said there was a man with his trousers down. The dads rushed straight over. He got up and started doing his flies up.
"They were really angry and grabbed him and started pushing him around. It took all my powers of persuasion and strength to hold them off him. They wanted to kill him. I told him I was a policewoman and asked his name. He told me ‘Christian’ and said he was visiting friends. He looked drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmaxhen