Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So - no Dr. Christian Riedemann today? I have not seen his name in any of the articles posted for today - maybe he will return tomorrow....

The Berliner Morgenpost has a bit more infos and at least mentions that CB confessed about a rape of an elder woman

„Braunschweig Christian B. is said to have admitted a child abduction to a prison brother. This happened on Wednesday at the trial at the Braunschweig Regional Court.

At 32 days in the trial against Christian B. before the Braunschweig Regional Court, the pendulum recently fell more and more in favor of the defense. He is accused of three rapes and two cases of child abuse in Portugal. An acquittal seems likely. Only in the margin was about the murder case of Madeleine "Maddie" McCann. The 47-year-old is considered the main suspect. The public prosecutor's office is silent about what clues the investigators have. On trial day 33, the spectacular turn came. A witness heavily incriminates the accused. How credible is this ex-kin-brother?

Trial in Braunschweig: Christian B. is seriously charged by former fellow inmate Laurentiu C.

In 2020, the prisoner Laurentiu C. was taken away from his workplace in the JVA Sehnde and taken to a room. Two BKA investigators were waiting for him there. They are said to have opened it to him, they had the information that in 2019, when he was in pre-trial detention at the JVA Braunschweig, he was the only prisoner with whom Christian B. had spoken. Four years later, C., who was recently released from prison, is a witness in the trial. His impression at the time was, he says, that his single cell in Braunschweig could have been winked - so he decided to cooperate and say everything he knew.

C. was never listed in the ranks of the most important prosecution witnesses from the beginning of the trial. The taking of evidence seemed almost complete. The presiding judge Dr. Uta Engemann had instructed the public prosecutor's office, ancillary action and the defense to prepare for the pleadings. On day 31, the prosecutor, Chief Public Prosecutor Ute Lindemann, made the request to hear C. as a witness. She herself was surprised by what the native Romanian, who has lived in Germany for 20 years, was supposed to give on Monday, was surprised by what he was supposed to give.

Conversations in the JVA Braunschweig: Laurentiu C. tells of the first meeting with Christian B. in his cell

The 50-year-old has grown rather small, but strong, his head is on his shoulders, he wears a three-day beard, glasses, a New York cap. When he was admitted to the pre-trial detention center in Braunschweig, he reports that he was a loner, did not want to talk to fellow prisoners and did not tell anyone why he was imprisoned. So the false rumor could have come up in prison that he may be a child molester. In turn, from his point of view, this could be the reason why Christian B., who came to the JVA after him, is said to have visited him in his cell with coffee and tobacco. Did the one convicted of child abuse, among other things, look for a brother in his mind?

The statements of the witness, who wants to understand German, but enseals the help of an interpreter, is difficult to follow. Only in the course of the statement does it become clear that it is not about a single conversation with Christian B., but about several. The witness does not know whether the events told are real crimes, or whether the fellow prisoner only wanted to provoke him to talk to him. At the beginning, C. says he could not report anything that incriminates Christian B. in order to call him a "criminal" at the end of his statement and to associate him with burglaries, rape, kidnapping and apparently also murder.

Prison brother about fellow prisoner Christian B.: "But he did not find money, but a child"

Christian B. was mostly in the mood for a chat. He came out with the rape of an older woman, or what turned him on: pulling women by the hair, slapping them, choking them. B. had confessed that in Portugal he had entered an open window in a hotel where rich people lived. "He said he wanted to capture money and gold there. But he didn't find any money, but a child. And that's what he took with him.”

Was this possibly "Maddie", who on the 3rd May 2007 from her family's room at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz? Christian B. is considered the main suspect in the case, among other things because his mobile phone had logged into a nearby radio cell at the time of the crime. The witness further reports that the accused had told him that he had taken the child away in his car two hours later, when the police had already surrounded the hotel and had swarmed with search dogs. "He went on with her, he was gone," said C.

Witness: Christian B. wanted to know if DNA can be secured from buried bones

In connection with this conversation, Christian B. is said to have consulted him because he had supported himself when leaving the hotel room. He wanted to know if investigators could track him down using fingerprints from the window sill of the hotel room. There is also said to have been another cell conversation. “He asked me if his DNA could be secured from buried bones. I told him I'm not a doctor, how am I supposed to know that.”

When the defense gets the right to question, lawyer Dr. Friedrich Fülscher repeatedly checks whether the witness knows what had happened to the child. Laurentiu C. makes too long explanations. For a moment, it seems as if the Maddie case could be solved here and today. Chief Public Prosecutor Lindemann holds his hands over his mouth. But in the end, the witness says he doesn't know what B. could have done to the child, he doesn't know if the bones were about a child's bones, and also not if all this was true at all.

Christian B. is said to have revealed to the witness two rapes of children

Every day, the prisoners in the JVA had about an hour and a half to visit each other. Topics that B. had addressed with him one day, he would have continued on another day. "He kept repeating the same things," the witness said. He named other acts with which Christian B. is said to have bragged in front of him. He wanted to listen to him for his terms, whether he was also a sex offender or how far he was willing to go.

The accused is said to have revealed two acts to him: He took children with his bus and raped them. In one case, he is said to have torn a child off a bicycle. "He explained to me: You can keep her for two or three days and then release her again." When asked if they were actually children, Christian B. asked him back: "Yes, what is the problem?" His impression was: "He loved to talk about something like that."

Did Christian B. want to win an accomplice to destroy evidence against him?

Christian B. is also said to have asked the Romanian fellow prisoner about false or stolen passports. He wants to have given the prices to this. The accused also wanted to persuade him that he himself or an acquaintance should help to destroy evidence. A "big house" of B., "somewhere in the country", should have been set on fire for this. Christian B. lived in Portugal in a run-down finca. According to the prosecutor's office, one of the alleged rapes took place there. B. also owned a spacious factory property with several dilapidated halls in Neuwegersleben (Saxony-Anhalt). There, memory sticks with child *advertiser censored* and text files with extreme abuse fantasies were seized during a raid in 2016 buried under a dog carcass.

Laurentiu C. had not entrusted himself with his knowledge to the JVA or to the police for reasons of prison hours. He said he considered Christian B. to be intelligent. For example, he explained to him in a hair's hair, what he had to pay attention to in order not to leave any traces in the event of an arson. Defense lawyer Fülscher asked the crucial question: Is it smart to tell someone about all these acts in prison?“

Christian B.: Gestand er den Mord an „Maddie“ einem Mithäftling?

The Berliner Morgenpost has a bit more infos and at least mentions that CB confessed about a rape of an elder woman

„Braunschweig Christian B. is said to have admitted a child abduction to a prison brother. This happened on Wednesday at the trial at the Braunschweig Regional Court.

At 32 days in the trial against Christian B. before the Braunschweig Regional Court, the pendulum recently fell more and more in favor of the defense. He is accused of three rapes and two cases of child abuse in Portugal. An acquittal seems likely. Only in the margin was about the murder case of Madeleine "Maddie" McCann. The 47-year-old is considered the main suspect. The public prosecutor's office is silent about what clues the investigators have. On trial day 33, the spectacular turn came. A witness heavily incriminates the accused. How credible is this ex-kin-brother?

Trial in Braunschweig: Christian B. is seriously charged by former fellow inmate Laurentiu C.

In 2020, the prisoner Laurentiu C. was taken away from his workplace in the JVA Sehnde and taken to a room. Two BKA investigators were waiting for him there. They are said to have opened it to him, they had the information that in 2019, when he was in pre-trial detention at the JVA Braunschweig, he was the only prisoner with whom Christian B. had spoken. Four years later, C., who was recently released from prison, is a witness in the trial. His impression at the time was, he says, that his single cell in Braunschweig could have been winked - so he decided to cooperate and say everything he knew.

C. was never listed in the ranks of the most important prosecution witnesses from the beginning of the trial. The taking of evidence seemed almost complete. The presiding judge Dr. Uta Engemann had instructed the public prosecutor's office, ancillary action and the defense to prepare for the pleadings. On day 31, the prosecutor, Chief Public Prosecutor Ute Lindemann, made the request to hear C. as a witness. She herself was surprised by what the native Romanian, who has lived in Germany for 20 years, was supposed to give on Monday, was surprised by what he was supposed to give.

Conversations in the JVA Braunschweig: Laurentiu C. tells of the first meeting with Christian B. in his cell

The 50-year-old has grown rather small, but strong, his head is on his shoulders, he wears a three-day beard, glasses, a New York cap. When he was admitted to the pre-trial detention center in Braunschweig, he reports that he was a loner, did not want to talk to fellow prisoners and did not tell anyone why he was imprisoned. So the false rumor could have come up in prison that he may be a child molester. In turn, from his point of view, this could be the reason why Christian B., who came to the JVA after him, is said to have visited him in his cell with coffee and tobacco. Did the one convicted of child abuse, among other things, look for a brother in his mind?

The statements of the witness, who wants to understand German, but enseals the help of an interpreter, is difficult to follow. Only in the course of the statement does it become clear that it is not about a single conversation with Christian B., but about several. The witness does not know whether the events told are real crimes, or whether the fellow prisoner only wanted to provoke him to talk to him. At the beginning, C. says he could not report anything that incriminates Christian B. in order to call him a "criminal" at the end of his statement and to associate him with burglaries, rape, kidnapping and apparently also murder.

Prison brother about fellow prisoner Christian B.: "But he did not find money, but a child"

Christian B. was mostly in the mood for a chat. He came out with the rape of an older woman, or what turned him on: pulling women by the hair, slapping them, choking them. B. had confessed that in Portugal he had entered an open window in a hotel where rich people lived. "He said he wanted to capture money and gold there. But he didn't find any money, but a child. And that's what he took with him.”

Was this possibly "Maddie", who on the 3rd May 2007 from her family's room at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz? Christian B. is considered the main suspect in the case, among other things because his mobile phone had logged into a nearby radio cell at the time of the crime. The witness further reports that the accused had told him that he had taken the child away in his car two hours later, when the police had already surrounded the hotel and had swarmed with search dogs. "He went on with her, he was gone," said C.

Witness: Christian B. wanted to know if DNA can be secured from buried bones

In connection with this conversation, Christian B. is said to have consulted him because he had supported himself when leaving the hotel room. He wanted to know if investigators could track him down using fingerprints from the window sill of the hotel room. There is also said to have been another cell conversation. “He asked me if his DNA could be secured from buried bones. I told him I'm not a doctor, how am I supposed to know that.”

When the defense gets the right to question, lawyer Dr. Friedrich Fülscher repeatedly checks whether the witness knows what had happened to the child. Laurentiu C. makes too long explanations. For a moment, it seems as if the Maddie case could be solved here and today. Chief Public Prosecutor Lindemann holds his hands over his mouth. But in the end, the witness says he doesn't know what B. could have done to the child, he doesn't know if the bones were about a child's bones, and also not if all this was true at all.

Christian B. is said to have revealed to the witness two rapes of children

Every day, the prisoners in the JVA had about an hour and a half to visit each other. Topics that B. had addressed with him one day, he would have continued on another day. "He kept repeating the same things," the witness said. He named other acts with which Christian B. is said to have bragged in front of him. He wanted to listen to him for his terms, whether he was also a sex offender or how far he was willing to go.

The accused is said to have revealed two acts to him: He took children with his bus and raped them. In one case, he is said to have torn a child off a bicycle. "He explained to me: You can keep her for two or three days and then release her again." When asked if they were actually children, Christian B. asked him back: "Yes, what is the problem?" His impression was: "He loved to talk about something like that."

Did Christian B. want to win an accomplice to destroy evidence against him?

Christian B. is also said to have asked the Romanian fellow prisoner about false or stolen passports. He wants to have given the prices to this. The accused also wanted to persuade him that he himself or an acquaintance should help to destroy evidence. A "big house" of B., "somewhere in the country", should have been set on fire for this. Christian B. lived in Portugal in a run-down finca. According to the prosecutor's office, one of the alleged rapes took place there. B. also owned a spacious factory property with several dilapidated halls in Neuwegersleben (Saxony-Anhalt). There, memory sticks with child *advertiser censored* and text files with extreme abuse fantasies were seized during a raid in 2016 buried under a dog carcass.

Laurentiu C. had not entrusted himself with his knowledge to the JVA or to the police for reasons of prison hours. He said he considered Christian B. to be intelligent. For example, he explained to him in a hair's hair, what he had to pay attention to in order not to leave any traces in the event of an arson. Defense lawyer Fülscher asked the crucial question: Is it smart to tell someone about all these acts in prison?“

Christian B.: Gestand er den Mord an „Maddie“ einem Mithäftling?
The reporting doesn't mentioned CB confessed to an older woman's rape, he could of said he was inside for that rape.We've got a Romanian through an interpretator being translated into German into English a lot could be being lost in translation imo.

maybe but he also spoke to other paedos so what makes this one so special? and why not tell the BKA any of this when originally questioned? after not remembering things this morning even? Even the BKA called his testimony out.
Which other paedos in jail ? I'm not aware of any others

The reporting doesn't mentioned CB confessed to an older woman's rape, he could of said he was inside for that rape.We've got a Romanian through an interpretator being translated into German into English a lot could be being lost in translation imo.
„He came out with the rape of an older woman“
I haven’t read it in the other articles

„He came out with the rape of an older woman“
I haven’t read it in the other articles
I agree that's what is reported, but was it exactly like that? We don't know if he (CB) said this is the crime he was in for.Too many variables to have clear reports , it is what it is, The BZ article talked of starting to have the case summing up statements before the new witness was called.We'll find out in the fullness of time if any impact it makes.

Last edited:
I think yes. Last month the BZ reported the prosecution has a witness to whom CB confessed a rape of an elderly woman. That’s why he was there today imo
Which then makes it so weird his testimony was about something completely different unless theres a lot not been picked up by the media.

(Geez... when LE found the burn pit and the dead dog and the trove of digital data, did they keep digging?????? What else might he have buried there? Please tell me they excavated that area until they hit daylight on the other side.)

It appears from his history that CB is an accomplished burglar and an opportunistic offender. Seems he's familiar with the area -- tourists might be easy targets -- and a young compliant child, easy to manipulate. "If you're a good girl and don't cry, I'll bring you to your mommy" --

I still think he exited the immediate area with his young travel companion as his decoy, the full appearance of father and daughter, nothing to see here. With MM secreted away in a cubby of his van, quiet or quieted, and the girl he was traveling with had no idea. IMO SHE was his passport outta there.

I think the only consistent fact about CB and the crimes for which he's on trial is that he's an indiscriminate offender. It's fear he's after, age no matter.

JMO

it was the BKA who wanted him there though not FF. I am curious as to what he was actually meant to testify about?
I cannot find it mentioned anywhere that the prosecution or BKA are responsible for introducing the separate MM case for which no indictments have as yet been served to this trial.
During testimony in this trial it is notable that detectives from BKA and SY refused to answer all and every question put to them on the MM case.
The private detective likewise refused.

Snip
CB sat with his hand covering his mouth and stared at the screen as the videos were played in court.

His lawyer FF had requested the episode was played to highlight inconsistencies in witness statements."

Which then makes it so weird his testimony was about something completely different unless theres a lot not been picked up by the media.
That’s my guess some journalists know Maddie gets the clicks not the other victims, so I hope it wasn’t forgotten why he was there

(Geez... when LE found the burn pit and the dead dog and the trove of digital data, did they keep digging?????? What else might he have buried there? Please tell me they excavated that area until they hit daylight on the other side.)

It appears from his history that CB is an accomplished burglar and an opportunistic offender. Seems he's familiar with the area -- tourists might be easy targets -- and a young compliant child, easy to manipulate. "If you're a good girl and don't cry, I'll bring you to your mommy" --

I still think he exited the immediate area with his young travel companion as his decoy, the full appearance of father and daughter, nothing to see here. With MM secreted away in a cubby of his van, quiet or quieted, and the girl he was traveling with had no idea. IMO SHE was his passport outta there.

I think the only consistent fact about CB and the crimes for which he's on trial is that he's an indiscriminate offender. It's fear he's after, age no matter.

JMO
There's every chance it seems that the initial search was not legal, ie: carried out without a warrant, basically rendering it worthless, in the trial which this thread is covering, mention had been made to this and nothing from the finds have been heard in court.

TBH I'm not sure what is going on and I don't think BKA do either. There was no need for LC to mention anything remotely related to MM case in court today. The fact FF seems to have been totally prepared for it (by asking for Crimewatch video to be played) raises many questions.
Indeed there are many questions to be raised the first among which is why this was allowed to be raised in court in the middle of five trials dealing with serious sexual assault totally unrelated to anything related to the MM case or anything this witness was allowed to say.

There's every chance it seems that the initial search was not legal, ie: carried out without a warrant, basically rendering it worthless, in the trial which this thread is covering, mention had been made to this and nothing from the finds have been heard in court.
Which may be why CB has not been charged relative to MM -- prosecutors waiting to see how the evidence plays out in this trial before teeing up for the next one.

And it might well be spoilt fruit and without it, a hard case to prosecute. But that doesn't preclude it from explaining what happened to MM.

Which follows his history, prurient interests included. Intended burglarly shifts to child abduction. Her parents have perhaps been given enough evidence to presume MM's tragic fate, but not enough to clear the legal bar.

The one thing CB seems to have perfected was stealth. Quintessential cat burglar. With a criminal sexual drive.

JMO

That’s my guess some journalists know Maddie gets the clicks not the other victims, so I hope it wasn’t forgotten why he was there
The journalists are correct in knowing what baits clicks as does every social media 'influencer'. Our recent very busy board is proof of that.
But as 'clicks' are of no interest to the Braunschweig court where the emphasis should be the law and justice one must wonder why it was allowed to be raised and discussed there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back