Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True. I think the park incident may highlight this. Almost everybody would believe the children & not the paedophile. Even with that, the judge may decide it’s not enough.

HCW doesn’t need to give a step by step. It would be senseless to charge until other proceedings have finished.

I think preventative detention is very important because there’s a high likelihood he’ll reoffend. I know agendas in the MM case have created childish little grudges with the prosecution & there will be this silly attitude where a loss for the prosecution is a ‘win’ for them. But I’d like to think people will understand that he’s better off inside.
If he is convicted in these trials I agree. Tbh I just think the prosecution have been totally incompetent in this trial. Five charges and they may lose every single one and that is nothing to do with any childish grudge! Incidentally the witness said there was what 30-50% chance he would reoffend? which means potentially there is 70% chance he will but IF he does reoffend maybe they will do a better job prosecuting next time so he does indeed remain locked up.

Last edited:
I meant to say there is 50-70% chance he may not reoffend sorry
In the past CB was able to carry out all aspects of his criminal career under the radar. But on occasion he was caught out and prosecuted; and it is quite amazing how often he was questioned having been in the vicinity of of missing people investigations.

Were he released he will have the added impediment that he is now generally known but will continue as he was or perhaps become a best selling author with an adoring public.

Interesting though that his lawyer is recorded as being in agreement with the expert who testified in court when he made headlines saying

MM: Prime suspect's lawyer says 'I'd never let him near my kids'​

"I'd let him look after my dogs but I wouldn't let him look after my children or my daughter - if I had them.

"He could be my dog sitter, yes, but because of his record I would not let him look after my own daughter."

Last edited:
The only interest I have in this case is what it indicates about the MM case.

If CB gets more jail time or is held in preventative detention, it doesn’t really matter. Personally, it doesn’t matter if he does more time, he’s proven to be a rotten egg.

It’s a fair guess the the vast majority of us are only on this forum because of what this case tells us about the MM case.

Here, the verdict on these five cases is important. If CB is found guilty of any of the three rapes, it may encourage the prosecution to charge him for MM’s murder.

The problem is, that doesn’t look likely. The evidence in the rape cases appears weak, I’m not sure how many appeals will change this.

So where does this leave the MM case? IMO, with an accused suspect but with very little evidence to back up the accusation. How is it possible to think CB is responsible if the prosecution can’t get convictions for other crimes they thought stronger the MM?

Is there anything other than the word of people like HeB and LC to support the allegation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back