Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Again it was reported at the time apparently a friend said Christian b said he accidentally killed his ex girlfriend and it was somehow linked to Monica... It's simply not enough evidence all this he says she says... Evidence enough to investigate the claims sure but bring it to court no... Potentially he could have all charges dropped and released and I don't know exactly what he has done but there is no smoke without fire am pretty sure he's a dangerous man that needs to be kept under lock and key..
I wonder who might be fanning the flames ?

Again it was reported at the time apparently a friend said Christian b said he accidentally killed his ex girlfriend and it was somehow linked to Monica... It's simply not enough evidence all this he says she says... Evidence enough to investigate the claims sure but bring it to court no... Potentially he could have all charges dropped and released and I don't know exactly what he has done but there is no smoke without fire am pretty sure he's a dangerous man that needs to be kept under lock and key..
I agree. The prosecution would only ever involved in a murder case if there was evidence against somebody for murder. That’s why they’re not running cases against CB for Inge’s disappearance & Monica’s murder.

It would be really unfortunate for the victims if CB acquitted. I think he probably will be however I think there’ll be grounds for some solid appeals. The play post trial will be keeping him inside as long as possible. I they doubt he’ll be free anytime soon because if the verdict & appeals go against the prosecution, I think they’ll charge him for MM’s murder before his release date. The prosecution also has a duty of care to the public. So other than CB, it’s in everybody’s best interest that he stays caged.

My opinion

Ah ok thanks. You left out the part about 2 years - so it seemed that your position was a 70% chance of him not offending again. IMO if he’s free he’ll reoffend, just has he’s always done.

The park incident- people believe the children, people do not believe the paedophile. I’m hoping that even the people that want to paint the prosecution in the worst possible light, will understand he’s guilty, unless it’s agenda based, there’s no argument to the contrary. Whether it passes a legal threshold is unknown.

The reason I bring it up is because this case alone could reach the objective of keeping him in indefinitely
and yet it is said the Judge may find him innocent in all charges so she obviously has her doubts!

I agree. The prosecution would only ever involved in a murder case if there was evidence against somebody for murder. That’s why they’re not running cases against CB for Inge’s disappearance & Monica’s murder.

It would be really unfortunate for the victims if CB acquitted. I think he probably will be however I think there’ll be grounds for some solid appeals. The play post trial will be keeping him inside as long as possible. I they doubt he’ll be free anytime soon because if the verdict & appeals go against the prosecution, I think they’ll charge him for MM’s murder before his release date. The prosecution also has a duty of care to the public. So other than CB, it’s in everybody’s best interest that he stays caged.

My opinion
For me I only want people imprisoned who have been found guilty. Not just because he MIGHT or might not offend. That actually would apply to all prisoners.

You really don't know what other people think, only what you think and wish to believe. You cannot speak for others.

As we can only follow this trial second hand via the media I find it difficult to decide the reliability of these reports - more some than others and so I think it best just to await the outcome.
The majority of people would not believe a dangerous paedophile would have been just innocently urinating around children in a park. No normal man is going to have genitals out around children. Any excuse to the contrary is born out of the same thing I keep repeating.

Whether it passes a legal threshold is yet to be seen.

For me I only want people imprisoned who have been found guilty. Not just because he MIGHT or might not offend. That actually would apply to all prisoners.
That’s true. I think the prospects of freedom are zero because a murder arrest would come before a release date.

It’s quite possible that the Germans will list their concrete evidence in their summary after they charge. If so they’ll be effectively publicly confirming the McCann’s are innocent. That’ll make debates far less polarising.

Personally I have always thought if he was involved with MM then his ex GF NF who ran the adoption program for troubled teens was up to her neck in criminality as well an perhaps working alongside him with some of his money making schemes if it's true what that prisoner witness in the court is saying about Christian B wondering whether the police can get DNA of bones buried under ground I think and have always thought that the police should have followed her dad's lead and searched their secret compound because it looks the ideal spot to hide a body/bodies and it was reported thats where CB went after MM disappeared and was there in the morning in his campervan.. but there was no reports of a search ...just that reservoir so I take it they never followed the lead...it's a shame because there could be multiple remains found there ...I think one of his friends who was a witness said he thought the young teenager being raped in the video belonged to NF adoption program.

Attachments

• Picsart_24-09-29_15-20-40-780.jpg
    Picsart_24-09-29_15-20-40-780.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Picsart_24-09-29_15-20-18-080.jpg
    Picsart_24-09-29_15-20-18-080.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 4
That’s true. I think the prospects of freedom are zero because a murder arrest would come before a release date.

It’s quite possible that the Germans will list their concrete evidence in their summary after they charge. If so they’ll be effectively publicly confirming the McCann’s are innocent. That’ll make debates far less polarising.
HCW has also said there may not be enough evidence to indict. After the mess of this trial they may not want to risk another if they can not 100% prove it especially if they are going to rely on any of the witnesses in this current trial.

The majority of people would not believe a dangerous paedophile would have been just innocently urinating around children in a park. No normal man is going to have genitals out around children. Any excuse to the contrary is born out of the same thing I keep repeating.

I get the impression that you would prefer witness statements to be accepted as true without being questioned for reliability.

Not forgetting crouched under a slide with his trousers round his ankles and bone dry ground.

One thing with this is, even if he's found not guilty is he any more likely to reoffend? if yes in the experts opinion, why wasn't he placed in preventative detention before? My point being how can the Dr make an assessment before a verdict is reached ?
No one had joined the dots up before but when they did they took positive steps to keep him off the streets

Snip
CB is currently serving seven years in jail for raping a pensioner in Praia da Luz and had become eligible for parole after serving half of his sentence, taking into account time spent on remand.

However, the Mirror reports that authorities in German believe he has a high risk of reoffending and must stay locked up in Kiel.

The purpose of the expert witness’s testimony is to inform the court and assisting with providing information and opinion to be added to all that collated throughout the trial to enable a (hopefully) informed decision to be arrived at.
My opinion

Last edited:
You really don't know what other people think, only what you think and wish to believe. You cannot speak for others.

As we can only follow this trial second hand via the media I find it difficult to decide the reliability of these reports - more some than others and so I think it best just to await the outcome.
I am with you regarding the role of the media in this particular trial which I am finding exceedingly difficult to follow.
The main interest doesn't appear to lie in the serious sexual offences. Just make the comparison when the extraordinary MM intrusion was introduced! No probs getting the journalists to report on that debacle - which is probably the only wrong footed move the defence have made from their point of view.

HCW has also said there may not be enough evidence to indict. After the mess of this trial they may not want to risk another if they can not 100% prove it especially if they are going to rely on any of the witnesses in this current trial.
Unless they get new information, due to the current cases getting publicity

I get the impression that you would prefer witness statements to be accepted as true without being questioned for reliability.
When a lot of people who don’t know each other, say similar things, it’s hard to ignore. Unless one is motivated too.

Understanding the similarities is simple logic, something a mildly intelligent German Shepherd could do.

I kind of regret I ever paid attention to this. Normally I wait for a trial. We haven't even had an arrest!

Me too. It feels like a colossal waste of time from the perspective of interest in the MM case. Four and half years of expectation culminating in what amounts to a big fat nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray@Payton
Back