Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With the park incident, the pj didn't do anything as such, as the saw there was an arrest warrant for him in Germany, so he was deported, as opposed to charged, would that be correct?
I don't know much about the sequence of events or what the level of co-operation there was between the German and Portuguese police regarding the abuse in the playground incident. CB was held for a few days in Portugal before he was deported to Germany but I don't know if he was charged with the Portuguese offence in Portugal before he went.
I've no doubt there will be a comprehensive police file detailing it all.

When a lot of people who don’t know each other, say similar things, it’s hard to ignore. Unless one is motivated too.

Understanding the similarities is simple logic, something a mildly intelligent German Shepherd could do.
A handful, I think, rather than a lot and their statements still need testing in a court of law. One simply cannot take on trust that witnesses are being truthful.
Which of course is what has been happening.

Last edited:
A handful, I think, rather than a lot and their statements still need testing in a court of law. One simply cannot take on trust that witnesses are being truthful.
Hard one to prove - but on the balance of probabilities - an extremely dangerous (top 1%) paedophile wouldn’t have innocently had is genitals out around children.

Do you think your view on the MM case influences your thoughts on every other case?

The only reason I ask is because you seem a tad reachy & illogical. Typically, those who are anti-prosecution are those who are long-term McCann sceptics. It’s hard to see past that when discussing things with you.

And to try and wee, it would of gotten all over his pants and shoes
I think the children were adamant he wasn’t urinating. Must have been horrifying for all the parents. No adult chooses to urinate in a children’s play park, especially when children are playing.

The lengths some go to - to ‘fight the cause’ tend not to surprise but in this instance it really shows the sour depth of how much they’re invested.

Hard one to prove - but on the balance of probabilities - an extremely dangerous (top 1%) paedophile wouldn’t have innocently had is genitals out around children.

Do you think your view on the MM case influences your thoughts on every other case?

The only reason I ask is because you seem a tad reachy & illogical. Typically, those who are anti-prosecution are those who are long-term McCann sceptics. It’s hard to see past that when discussing things with you
Personally I am anti Prosecution as this case has been a shambles pure and simple. I know people that are very pro McCann and also think the same. Its been a mess.

The only reason I ask is because you seem a tad reachy & illogical. Typically, those who are anti-prosecution are those who are long-term McCann sceptics. It’s hard to see past that when discussing things with you.
I'm just naturally suspicious of police investigations and tend to take nothing at face value, particularly when most of what there is to go on is largely tabloid journalism.

Last edited:

I don't quite go along with your assessment given what is actually happening in the Braunschweig court, which is seen as being indicative as to how the judges may be leaning in the final judgement.

Worth remembering that the judges came to their decision before all the evidence (some of it rebuttal) and some expert testimony had been heard.

Snip

Arrest warrant lifted for Madeleine McCann suspect​

The Braunschweig state court said it lifted the arrest warrant in the current case — in which CB has been accused of three counts of rape and two of sexual abuse of children — because there is no urgent suspicion, German news agency dpa reported.

However, CB's attorneys filed a motion during the trial to quash the arrest warrant because they no longer saw any reason for one after evidence in the alleged crimes had been taken in court. The court ruled that there was no “strong suspicion” with regard to all charges, dpa reported.

Personally I am anti Prosecution as this case has been a shambles pure and simple. I know people that are very pro McCann and also think the same. Its been a mess.
That is very interesting why you think this case is a shambles. It certainly has been a tremendously different one to any I have ever heard of.

It is a mess for the simple reason that the suspect's defence team has implemented every legal move they can in the interests of their client. Known as "justice" and the right to do so has to be honoured as such.

The indictments were handed down in 2022.
It is now 2024.
In the intervening period we have had a delay of years while a jurisdiction argument was sorted out.
Similarly the trial which began in February of this year is still in progress as one prosecution witness after another is rebutted and given a rough time with quite often their character being slurred in the process.

For example the treatment handed out to rape survivor HB verges on the disgraceful.
My opinion

Therefore although tedious no-one can make the accusation that the suspect's right to a fair trial has not been met more than adequately met.
I wish I could say that hand on heart about the victims of crime during this trial.

I fail to grasp the "anti Prosecution" sentiment regarding this trial. The defence did its job and the prosecution did its job too.
  • It investigated the crimes
  • it collected the evidence and presented it
  • resulting in five indictments which were brought to court in February 2024
The prosecution acted timeously at every stage of the process. The defence used every ploy available to it to throw a spanner in the works. But that is justice ;)
My opinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upnorthmichigansleuth
Back