Gerry's Blog - CURRENT - ALL THREADS MERGED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, what a coincidence, I felt like my point was missed, too.

I can understand that you feel you understand where the McCanns are coming from.

I cannot understand why you do not extend that understanding to me, because I do not find their behavior reasonable, based on what I have observed in grieving parents.

In fact, my observations are based on actual experience, whereas yours were based on what you supposed you might do, in the same circumstances as the McCanns.

With all due respect, "As it stands, the McCanns are innocent" is not a factual statement.

You may believe they are innocent, but you do not know that for a fact, so "as it stands" it is only your opinion.

I have no problem with your opinion, of course, and again, logically speaking, you should have no problem with mine. My opinion is that there are substantive reasons to believe the McCanns are not innocent of any involvement in their child's disappearance.

Legal innocence and moral/factual innocence are not the same thing, or there would not be a substantial number of people arguing that some of the inmates on Death Row should not be there.

Quote Texana- My opinion is that there are substantive reasons to believe the McCanns are not innocent of any involvement in their child's disappearance.

Yes I know that Texana.

But to counter, most of the substantive reasons are leaks and therefore cannot be trusted as to exemplify the truth.

There are alot of so called facts getting around but the only one that holds any credence is the fact the McCanns left their children alone and Madeleine disappeared.

Desertpea, just click on the quote button then you will be able to differentiate between posters quotes & your replies :)

Desertpea, just click on the quote button then you will be able to differentiate between posters quotes & your replies :)

I understand about the quote button lol- but don't understand how to quote just a little bit of the post.

Still learning :)

If my child was missing, I hope I'd conduct myself like Sharon Rocha, Laci Peterson's mother. She made many public pleas for her daughter's safe return. She showed emotion and cried and begged for her daughter's return.

I have seen Kate act genuinely sad and upset about little Maddie's disappearance. I've seen pictures of Kate that were heartbreaking.
I will admit I've seen a few pictures of her smiling and I'm not so sure that was a bad thing as I have no idea what may have been said to her.

I have seen a lot more of what is bordering on emotion from the McCanns since they were made arguidos than I ever saw before! So I question the root cause of their "emotions"

I agree. I totally feel that the McCanns have been coached by someone, most likely Clarence Mitchell, to show more emotion and speak to the "kidnapper" more directly.

I have seen Kate act genuinely sad and upset about little Maddie's disappearance. I've seen pictures of Kate that were heartbreaking.
I will admit I've seen a few pictures of her smiling and I'm not so sure that was a bad thing as I have no idea what may have been said to her.
So have I philamena. Wouldn't wish that kind of agony on anyone.

And at this point hope is all they can hang onto.
Hope that Madeleine is alive and being treated well is one way of trying to stay away from what must be terrifying dark thoughts, if only for a little while.
Its a heartbreaking tragedy for the whole family no matter how we ourselves think we would deal with it.

I understand about the quote button lol- but don't understand how to quote just a little bit of the post.

Then just quote the whole post....Im only a reader here but your posts are confusing me aswell..I cant keep up with who said what when I read your posts..lol.

Desert, what you have to do is when you click the quote button, just erase with your mouse the part of the message you do not want to be quoted and that's it.

Sleuthmom is correct ~ The easiest thing for a beginner is to quote the whole post, and then erase whatever you don't want to appear in the quote.

Hold down the left mouse button, scan over whatever you want to erase, release, then right-click on the blue part, and when the menu comes down, click "delete."

And be sure to leave the bracketed part at the beginning and end, because that is what ensures that it looks like a quote. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The more complicated way to do alot of quotes in one post is to open a reply box, then go down through messages, and for each one you want to quote, scan over the part of a post you want to quote, then right-click and hit "Copy." Go to the reply box, right click, hit, "Paste," and the words will appear.
Then hold the left button down again, scan over what you just pasted until it all turns blue, then go up and click the quote button (looks like a talking bubble from the comics.) The quote brackets will appear around that quote.

It all sounds really complicated, but after you do it quite a few times, you won't even think about it.

I said I understood them wanting to hope, that was all.
I know how I would do things or how I feel has no bearing on this case.

As it stands the McCanns are innocent.
And where I come from we operate under the law of "innocent until proven guilty".

It's just terribly sad where you come from it's not a crime to leave babies alone in an unlocked vacation apt., while drinking and dining with 7 other adults in a foreign country.

The McCanns need to use "the fund", (since they are not using it to find Madeleine), in changing the laws to make leaving small children alone a crime instead of paying their mortgage.

Many parents of missing/killed/murdered children make it a crusade to stop activity that cause the death/disappearance of their children. Mothers against Drunk Drivers, (MADD), the D.A.R.E. program, NCMEC, Amber alert, Jessica's Law, (I could go on and on) where all started by grieving parents.

They need to except responsibility of their actions, and fight to change the laws so that this doesnt happen to someone else's child...lanching ballons is not good enough, they need a REAL cause.

They want to hope and you are begrudging them that?

Oh me oh my.

I'm almost sure if my daughter were to go missing I would like to imagine someone stole her because she was so beautiful, because they couldnt have one of their own and that they would love her and cherish her.
I would make myself think that.

Would imagining your missing child is being loved and treated well diminish your angst? They use that "theory" to help cover for their apparent lack of concern that so many have remarked on. They know she is not coming back and use the pretense that they "feel" she is well and will return to coddle those who still give them the benefit of the doubt, imo.

My point was and is, some missing children do turn up years later alive and well, albiet with emotional scars and trauma.

People raised with emotional scars and trauma are not well, just alive.

The McCanns need to use "the fund", (since they are not using it to find Madeleine), in changing the laws to make leaving small children alone a crime instead of paying their mortgage.

They need to except responsibility of their actions, and fight to change the laws so that this doesnt happen to someone else's child...lanching ballons is not good enough, they need a REAL cause.

Yet when they have done that they are slammed for it.Go figure.

Yet when they have done that they are slammed for it.Go figure.
When have they done any of this? Not the boo-hoo we thought what we did was fine we regret not being there at the moment, but some evidence they have done anything to change laws to prevent such future abductions. Or even some consistancy of guilt not over ridden by a beleif they were responsible only niave.

I am not trying to pick a fight, I would really like to see what you consider them taking responsibility or them trying to help in the larger scale.

The one thing I can remember the McCanns doing was that survey of the members of the EU about child safety in Europe, particularly about families on vacation. But they didn't address the biggest issue- assuming a "family friendly" resort was safe enough to leave small children unattended.

The one thing I can remember the McCanns doing was that survey of the members of the EU about child safety in Europe, particularly about families on vacation. But they didn't address the biggest issue- assuming a "family friendly" resort was safe enough to leave small children unattended.

And they never have. Even though they publicly state that they feel now they were being watched, and that an abductor used the narrow window of time to abduct Madeleine, (which they realized immediately at the time) they have yet to issue a condemnation of the "babywatching" system.

In fact, when Kate mentions the people who have written to her in support, that she finds very helpful and supportive, she mentions that many people tell her they have done exactly the same thing (leave their child(ren) alone.

But she does not go on to say that this is not safe. She says this makes her feel supported but she does not say "and we should stop the baby listening services immediately as clearly they are no longer safe for our children."

Not saying this would be understandable if the McCanns had not made it a big point to involve and invoke the welfare of other abducted children in their campaign to find Madeleine. But they did.

So it is inexplicable why the first and easiest thing to do would be to mount a campaign to stop the whole "baby listening" service idea, the McCanns don't do that.

They also didn't wake the twins that night. This is also inexplicable. How do we know that the twins didn't see anything?

We don't.

We never will now.

When have they done any of this? Not the boo-hoo we thought what we did was fine we regret not being there at the moment, but some evidence they have done anything to change laws to prevent such future abductions. Or even some consistancy of guilt not over ridden by a beleif they were responsible only niave.

I am not trying to pick a fight, I would really like to see what you consider them taking responsibility or them trying to help in the larger scale.

They said they want to use the fund to help other missing children,Gerry went to Washington did he not? To be honest I am so sick of all this I dont think I will be posting until/if anything develops.There was a program on tonight called McCanns-a witch hunt and I had to agree with it-those poor people.Think I had better :silenced:

They said they want to use the fund to help other missing children,Gerry went to Washington did he not? To be honest I am so sick of all this I dont think I will be posting until/if anything develops.There was a program on tonight called McCanns-a witch hunt and I had to agree with it-those poor people.Think I had better :silenced:

Witch Hunt???

Don't you have to be a witch to be the subject of a witch hunt???

....OK

Witch hunt? What do the McCanns call what their friends and the press did to Robert Murat? A walk in the park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member