Gerry's Blog - CURRENT - ALL THREADS MERGED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the McCanns still have a nanny? Is she the same one they've always had?

Why would Kate and Gerry pay a nanny if the twins are in pre-school and Kate's not working? Didn't they need to use money from the fund to pay the mortgage?

I don't know if they still have the nanny or not. I do know that any mention of even having a nanny was mentioned only the one time (and I'm pretty sure it was Philamena, Gerry's sister, who said that but it could have been one of the other family members.)

I searched like crazy to find out more but there was absolutely nothing on the subject other than that one mention. It would make absolute sense that they would have a nanny, even if only a part time one, for the days both Kate and Gerry were working. Even with daycare or preschool there would be times when both of them were late or had to be at work early.

I've always thought it odd that the nanny wasn't mentioned more just because it's more natural than not to have one, even with Kate only working part time. Perhaps the PR campaign people thought that mentioning the nanny interfered with the image of the McCanns as "hands on" parents.

That's all I can figure.

Yes, they used funds from the fund to pay the mortgage and their living expenses for the first few months they were in Portugal after Madeleine disappeared. Who knows what happened to the nanny or if she was retained when they returned.

Gerry's Blog/Diary

Day 274: 01/02/2008

We have launched the new website layout today. I hope you all like it and we are sure that you fill find it much easier to navigate. The website was always envisaged as being the main portal to the find Madeleine campaign. If Madeleine remains missing and as the media attention drops then the website will be instrumental in keeping people up to date. As you will see a lot of work has gone in to extensively revising the content. Our whole family have unfortunately learnt an awful lot about the problems of missing and exploited children.

Our priority will always be to search for Madeleine and whoever abducted her. However we hope to work in coalition with the many excellent organisations in Europe and further afield to campaign for change. The first goal will be to get an EU wide child alert system introduced with cooperation from all the relevant authorities and law enforcement agencies.

Sean and Amelie turned three today. We hope and pray that they will never have another birthday without Madeleine here. Despite the circumstances they really enjoyed their birthday ‘tea party’ today. The twins love seeing all their extended family. There is no doubt that Sean and Amelie have made life for all of us a little more bearable over the last 9 months.

The tone of that is so cold. :mad:

If Madeleine remains missing and as the media attention drops then the website will be instrumental in keeping people up to date.
Not a very hopeful statement, Gerry.

And what makes him think media interest is going to drop? :bang: That's wishful thinking on his part, at least for he and Kate.

Our priority will always be to search for Madeleine and whoever abducted her.
:eek: That's good to hear - why does he think he has to explain that? :waitasec:

Gerry's Blog/Diary

Day 274: 01/02/2008

... I hope you all like it and we are sure that you fill find it much easier to navigate.... .

:waitasec: Oh sure Ger...we all just LOVE your money grubbing web site about your MISSING DAUGHTER.:eek:

I think it's so sad to envision future parties for the twins without their older sister.

It's hard to tell whether Gerry wishes for media attention to drop or not--isn't it?

Day 287 02/14/2008:

Yesterday was a busy day on several fronts. Kate and I met with representatives of Missing Children Europe. This is an umbrella organisation that has 21 member non-governmental organisations that are involved in supporting families of missing and exploited children, from 15 EU countries. Missing Children Europe aims to share best practice, ensures a European presence at ICMEC and liases with various European Institutions. http://www.missingchildren.eu They have played a major role in securing the EU commission supporting a dedicated hotline for missing children: 116 000. The commission is also supportive of the introduction of a child alert system throughout the EU similar to the Amber alert system in the USA. However only a few countries run such a system and there is a lot of work to be done before the system is implemented in many countries, never mind an integrated throughout the EU.

The Portuguese justice minister also spoke to parliament yesterday regarding Mr Ribeiro’s comments about the haste with which we were made arguidos. As I stated at the time, no one can doubt how we have been scrutinised. We hope that, if as reported, the justice minister said the investigation is nearing a close that our arguido status will be lifted in the near future so that everyone can concentrate on searching for Madeleine. We will not give up looking for her until she is found and we hope that the police are similarly determined.

Day 329: 27/03/2008

Kate and I arrived back from Washington yesterday. We went primarily to visit the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) and to learn more about the implementation of their national AMBER alert system (child rescue alert). The whole experience was very positive. The staff at NCMEC is the most experienced in dealing with missing and abducted children anywhere in the world.

The AMBER alert system should be used in the most serious child abduction cases (usually by strangers, when the child is considered at risk of serious harm) to recover the child as quickly as possible. The alert is based on the realisation that galvanising the local community can play a huge role in finding missing children. Last year alone 68 children, and almost 400 in total since its’ implementation, were recovered safely as a direct result of the AMBER alert. In 16 cases the abductor released the child safely when hearing the AMBER alert. We strongly feel that Europe should have a similar integrated child rescue alert.

Our visit to Washington and meetings with other relevant European organisations will be shown on a documentary to be screened by ITV on the 30 April. The programme will focus on the campaign to introduce a European version of the AMBER alert. There will of course be massive media interest in Madeleine’s disappearance at this time, if she remains missing, and we hope that the programme is shown in most European countries and further afield.

During our Washington visit we were also very encouraged to hear that, in NCMEC’s experience, the younger the child at the time of abduction the less likely that child will be seriously harmed. Such information makes us believe even more fervently, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, that Madeleine can be found safe and well.

No publicity of a visit to the states?? Just a quick (sneaky) little visit??

I think it is fantastic the McCanns are campaigning for a public reporting system similar to the Amber alert for their country. I think it would be very helpful for families that actually call the police straight on after finding their child "abducted". Now for those who decide to call the police at their leisure, it might not be very beneficial. Also, it might not be beneficial for those families who regularly leave their children unattended. In those cases, it's hard to determine just when they were "abducted", therefor securing boarders in small counties, and states would be fruitless.

I think the McCanns are putting the cart before the horse. I think the first awareness programme they should focus on is parenting 101. You know, teach young parents how not to get into these types of situations....like don't travel with children on an adult holiday, when your mind is more focused on physical exercise and nightly evening drinking party time with your friends, (you are really into). That is what Grandparents are for. Also maybe teaching the golden rule of parenting, "never leave your children alone ESPECIALLY when you feel and publicly acknowledge you are being stalked". Teach that McCanns...please help others learn from your fatal mistakes.

Sadly they will never organize a program like that...because they did nothing wrong. Everybody takes their kids on vacation and sticks them in daycare all day, and leave them alone at night...right?? It's the culture. :(
I'm proud to be an American.

sneaky

A: adjective
1. furtive, lurking, skulking, sneak(a), sneaky, stealthy, surreptitious
Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/mar/27/itv.television
The ITV documentary team has followed Kate and Gerry McCann since early January.
Footage will include shots of the couple in their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, and travelling to Brussels and Washington as they pursue their campaign.

Not much of a secret...and definately not sneaky as it's impossible to avoid being observed while being filmed for a documentary.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/mar/27/itv.television
The ITV documentary team has followed Kate and Gerry McCann since early January.
Footage will include shots of the couple in their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, and travelling to Brussels and Washington as they pursue their campaign.

Not much of a secret...and definately not sneaky as it's impossible to avoid being observed while being filmed for a documentary.

The McCanns and Clarence Mitchell have always said how important media coverage is to their search for Madeleine.

There has not been a single mention in the US press that the McCanns were in Washington DC or anything about their documentary. And the documentary is supposed to be about creating an Amber Alert type system in the UK?!?!

Explain why their publicists did not notify CNN or local news outlets in the nations capitol that they would be there. Explain why they did not arrange for interviews.

Somebody dropped the ball, or perhaps they did not want to publicize their visit? Can't help but wonder why.

The McCanns and Clarence Mitchell have always said how important media coverage is to their search for Madeleine.

There has not been a single mention in the US press that the McCanns were in Washington DC or anything about their documentary. And the documentary is supposed to be about creating an Amber Alert type system in the UK?!?!

Explain why their publicists did not notify CNN or local news outlets in the nations capitol that they would be there. Explain why they did not arrange for interviews.

Somebody dropped the ball, or perhaps they did not want to publicize their visit? Can't help but wonder why.

Everything they do is sneaky, imo. They didn't want this out there because they know Americans are not as reserved as their countrymen. We would have been there in droves questioning them. It's fear. Plain and simple.

Curiouser and Curiouser! :confused:

Our visit to Washington and meetings with other relevant European organisations will be shown on a documentary to be screened by ITV on the 30 April. The programme will focus on the campaign to introduce a European version of the AMBER alert. There will of course be massive media interest in Madeleine’s disappearance at this time, if she remains missing, and we hope that the programme is shown in most European countries and further afield.

Excuse me, am I reading this right?

He is hoping for "massive interest" in some future time?

So if that is his goal, doesn't he want people in the U.S., many of whom are world travellers, to help in the search for Madeleine?

I know people who regularly go to France, Spain, and Portugal. Shouldn't they be aware of Maddie's plight? Why waste this opportunity to pull them in to the search?

I agree with Colomom - this was a well-kept secret. I'm a news junkie and this was just not reported anywhere whatsoever. That is just damn odd.

How did they fly here without anyone knowing? Private Jet? Did they pay for that, or did a doner? What the heck is going on?

How better to bring attention to Madeleine's case than to visit the National Center for Exploited Children? There are millions of Americans who care about this case. There are thousands of news outlets that would have covered it. There's your "massive publicity."

There is just something so weird about Gerry's blog - I almost can't describe how it makes me feel sometimes. :waitasec:

Simple. They were there to assist in the making of a documentary....Not highjack it. And the visits as well as the interviews will be seen as part of the documentary itself. A documentary not just about Madeleine but one that will help them in keeping Madeleine's story out there.
But it's very obvious it doesn't really matter what they do or say does it? Everything....no matter what will be twisted by some.:rolleyes: :sick:
Would you have seen it in a positive light if they had publisized their visit?
Colomom IMO :rolleyes: it's nothing more than the.....Same ole, Same ole. Damned if they do...Damned if they don't. :sick:

Simple. They were there to assist in the making of a documentary....Not highjack it. And the visits as well as the interviews will be seen as part of the documentary itself. A documentary not just about Madeleine but one that will help them in keeping Madeleine's story out there.
But it's very obvious it doesn't really matter what they do or say does it? Everything....no matter what will be twisted by some.:rolleyes: :sick:
Would you have seen it in a positive light if they had publisized their visit?
Colomom IMO :rolleyes: it's nothing more than the.....Same ole, Same ole. Damned if they do...Damned if they don't. :sick:

I completely agree April :clap: :clap: :clap:

I would say it's more "stupid is as stupid does" rather than "damned if they do, damned if they don't."

Look - it just seems simple to me.

If they want "massive media coverage" they should have done something to draw attention that they were in the U.S. They didn't have to "hijack" the documentary - one news story would have been all over the country in minutes. One small sound bite would have been on the news for two days.

Their silence speaks volumes. They can't have it both ways - get the story out there, but stay silent when it suits them.

This documentary that is supposed to "draw attention" to a type of Amber Alert system isn't going to be shown in Britain for another month - April 30th. That's another month gone for Maddie, another month in peril, another month possibly in torture. At the very best, it's another month in which Maddie is away from everyone she knows and loves. To a child, a month is as long as a year. Another freaking month, and they chose to stay silent except for this blog.

I don't even pretend to understand what they are on about.

Gerry says: "There will of course be massive media interest in Madeleine’s disappearance at this time."

Jolly good, Gerry, but sooner might be better than later.

Sneaky, spot on! ...the media wasn't meant to know about the trip, that's for sure, because they would have made damn sure they did know (had they wanted them to:confused: ) . I knew nothing about the trip until reading it here! I look at the newspaper websites daily regarding news of Madeleine....wouldn't you have thought that this would have been shown on at least one.

As for media interest, people are becoming bored with these 2 by the day. As for Gerrys blog, :sick:

I don't know why we expect the McCanns to make decisions that are in Madeleine's best interest.

Had they done that about 10 months ago, Madeleine would still be here.

They wouldn't be "hijacking" the trip, if they made it public, if the reason they were here was to work on this documentary. They would be adding to the publicity about the documentary.

They would be hijacking the trip, if they were seen at places that were more "vacation" oriented, or tourist destinations, rather than places that involved the documentary work.

I'm always amazed they can leave the twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member