Gerry's Blog - CURRENT - ALL THREADS MERGED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting though that there was no publicity...... Do you think maybe NCMEC requested no publicity? I did a couple of searches and I did not come up with one article.

Given that every move they have made has been in the news and twisted and turned every which way, it is a little unsettling that there is no mention of this trip until after they return to England.

Maybe I'll try that other search engine someone else mentioned. Lycos I think it was.

Salem

I can understand if they have a contract with the documentary people and can't do interviews, but how about just a press release? How about a few words to the media when they got off the plane? "We are here to learn about the AMBER Alert system and film a documentary to help Madeleine."

That seems reasonable, and would have given them worldwide headlines on NewsNow and AP.

That would get more publicity than Gerry's blog, which as far as I can tell is being read by those of us on forums, a few bloggers, and probably the other people involved in the case.

:waitasec:

Nothing on Google News all weekend about a trip to the U.S., so no one much is reading that blog.
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=mccann+gerry&ie=UTF-8&scoring=n

Day 329: 27/03/2008

Kate and I arrived back from Washington yesterday. We went primarily to visit the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) and to learn more about the implementation of their national AMBER alert system (child rescue alert). The whole experience was very positive. The staff at NCMEC is the most experienced in dealing with missing and abducted children anywhere in the world.

The AMBER alert system should be used in the most serious child abduction cases (usually by strangers, when the child is considered at risk of serious harm) to recover the child as quickly as possible. The alert is based on the realisation that galvanising the local community can play a huge role in finding missing children. Last year alone 68 children, and almost 400 in total since its’ implementation, were recovered safely as a direct result of the AMBER alert. In 16 cases the abductor released the child safely when hearing the AMBER alert. We strongly feel that Europe should have a similar integrated child rescue alert.

Our visit to Washington and meetings with other relevant European organisations will be shown on a documentary to be screened by ITV on the 30 April. The programme will focus on the campaign to introduce a European version of the AMBER alert. There will of course be massive media interest in Madeleine’s disappearance at this time, if she remains missing, and we hope that the programme is shown in most European countries and further afield.

During our Washington visit we were also very encouraged to hear that, in NCMEC’s experience, the younger the child at the time of abduction the less likely that child will be seriously harmed. Such information makes us believe even more fervently, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, that Madeleine can be found safe and well.

No publicity of a visit to the states?? Just a quick (sneaky) little visit??

I guess the abscence of evidence to the contrary is the lack of finding a body so far and has nothing to do with the cadaver dogs hitting on body fluids in the vehicle and evidence found in the apartment.

Day 345: 12/04/2008

Our visit to the European Parliament on Thursday (10th) was the culmination of several months work. Kate and I presented a written declaration (see news and support) to the parliament asking for the introduction of an EU wide missing child alert system based on the US AMBER alert system. The AMBER system has been incredibly successful in rescuing abducted children. France has adopted a similar system in the last 2 years, which has been activated 5 times with all children being recovered alive.

An EU wide AMBER type system has widespread support. The EU commission presented draft guidance (written in conjunction with Missing Children Europe) on the introduction of such a system. In Lisbon in October last year the proposal got the informal support of the 27 member states home office/justice ministers.

We presented the declaration to MEP’s, answered questions and then held a press conference- our first public speech since returning from Portugal. For the declaration to be taken up we need 51% of (the 785) MEP’s to sign the declaration in the next 3 months. We would urge everyone to lobby their MEP’s to sign the declaration.

The day went extremely well although we were naturally asked questions about the Portuguese investigation, which are very difficult to answer for us, as we have had no direct dialogue with the Portuguese police. We were dismayed to learn that excerpts from our early witness statements were leaked to a Spanish TV station. These were taken out of context and there can be no doubts were designed to undermine our credibility. One has to question why these were leaked on the day when the media attention was huge and who benefits from such a leak? One thing for certain is that it does not help to find Madeleine. We would certainly welcome an independent inquiry as to where the leaking of such sensitive information, contrary to judicial secrecy laws, has come from

Simple. They were there to assist in the making of a documentary....Not highjack it. And the visits as well as the interviews will be seen as part of the documentary itself. A documentary not just about Madeleine but one that will help them in keeping Madeleine's story out there.
But it's very obvious it doesn't really matter what they do or say does it? Everything....no matter what will be twisted by some.:rolleyes: :sick:
Would you have seen it in a positive light if they had publisized their visit?
Colomom IMO :rolleyes: it's nothing more than the.....Same ole, Same ole. Damned if they do...Damned if they don't. :sick:

Well Madeleine was certainly damned when they didn't!

Well Madeleine was certainly damned when they didn't!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry, got carried away.....

Barnaby beat me to this. I've been thinking it all day.

They're damned, because they didn't...

:mad:

Portuguese police 'found no new evidence' during UK interviews with the Tapas 7

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=559328&in_page_id=1770

Portugal's top policeman Alipio Ribeiro told friends of Kate and Gerry of his regret that witness statements by the couple were leaked to the media.

But it was revealed yesterday that Alipio Ribeiro, national director of the Policia Judiciaria, had interrupted interviews in Leicestershire with the "Tapas Seven" to tell the McCanns' friends of his own anger at the leak.

"The leaks came as he was out of the country and he was angry about it.
"He also referred to it when speaking with Leicestershire police."

Jane Tanner spoke out against claims in Portuguese newspapers that she and her friends had demanded a private plane to take them back to Praia da Luz for a reconstruction requested by the Portuguese authorities.

"If it wasn't such a serious matter, some of the things that are being said about us would be laughable," she said.
"The authorities should be out there looking for Madeleine rather than being distracted by any of these ridiculous and made-up stories about us."

Then, if Jane is being truthful that they aren't making unreasonable requests, we should expect to see all of them on the plane any day now, on their way to assist the Portuguese LE.

But wait, how can the authorities be looking for Madeleine when the last search by divers angered the McCanns?

They should assume that she must be living and follow up on nothing else, based on the hopeful thought that she is?

Yep! Portuguese LE are
Damned if they do and Damned if they didn't
They should be out looking for a live Madeleine & not questioning the events of the night she 'disappeared or died'

Yep! Portuguese LE are
Damned if they do and Damned if they didn't
They should be out looking for a live Madeleine & not questioning the events of the night she 'disappeared or died'
Eaxctly, it doesn't really matter what happened on the night she disappeared, maybe the fairies came & took her & she is living like a Princess now in a Fairy Castle!

Eaxctly, it doesn't really matter what happened on the night she disappeared, maybe the fairies came & took her & she is living like a Princess now in a Fairy Castle!

but giving them her tuppence worth, remember? :furious:

but giving them her tuppence worth, remember? :furious:
Oh yes of course Tex, how could I have forgotten that!

The little 4 year old (just turned) abandoned by her party loving parents that were supposed to love her enough to care about her safety but now she is living like a princess & giving her abductors her tuppence worth but hey hang on - if they are treating her like a princess just why would she need to give that tuppenceworth??????

Am I missing something here? or is it her Goddamned father who has totally missed it in his ridiculous blogs & interviews?

Latest from Sky

Portuguese police have hit back at Kate and Gerry McCann - denying claims they leaked information about their daughter's disappearance.

Gerry and Kate McCannThe war of words intensified as detectives said allegations they had passed information to the media were "baseless".

The Policia Judiciaria (PJ) issued a rare public statement singling out the couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell, who angrily demanded an inquiry into how interview transcripts came into the public domain.

Damaging excerpts from the couple's first police interviews were broadcast on Spanish TV on the day the couple went to Brussels to launch a bid to introduce a new child alert system.

It reported that Madeleine and her brother Sean woke up crying the night before the three-year-old's disappearance, but her parents did not hear her as they were in a nearby restaurant.

The interviews disclosed that Madeleine asked Kate at breakfast: "Mummy, why didn't you come when we were crying last night?"

Mr Mitchell suggested the transcripts had been deliberately leaked to overshadow the Brussels visit.

The leak also emerged as Portuguese detectives were in the UK attending interviews with witnesses who were dining with the McCanns when Madeleine went missing.

Oh yes of course Tex, how could I have forgotten that!

The little 4 year old (just turned) abandoned by her party loving parents that were supposed to love her enough to care about her safety but now she is living like a princess & giving her abductors her tuppence worth but hey hang on - if they are treating her like a princess just why would she need to give that tuppenceworth??????

Am I missing something here? or is it her Goddamned father who has totally missed it in his ridiculous blogs & interviews?

Excellent point, Barnaby. Which one is it? The Princess, or the Tuppence Child?

Is it just me, or do the McCanns seem to be remarkably unconcerned about the amount of time their child might now have spent with a kidnapper?

I think that logically and realistically speaking, it tells us that in their hearts, the McCanns do not believe their child is still living. But they are unreasonably angered at that assumption on anyone else's part--no matter how much that is backed up by statistics.

A different reaction: "We will continue, absent any definitive evidence otherwise, to hope and pray Maddie is still living. We recognize at this point, we are hoping beyond what statistics for kidnapped children tell us. We do not want to accept that reality, but we also do not want to think of Maddie suffering with strangers in an abusive situation. We are torn between these two realities. Pray for us and Maddie, that she may be returned safely even yet."

Excellent point, Barnaby. Which one is it? The Princess, or the Tuppence Child?

Is it just me, or do the McCanns seem to be remarkably unconcerned about the amount of time their child might now have spent with a kidnapper?

I think that logically and realistically speaking, it tells us that in their hearts, the McCanns do not believe their child is still living. But they are unreasonably angered at that assumption on anyone else's part--no matter how much that is backed up by statistics.

A different reaction: "We will continue, absent any definitive evidence otherwise, to hope and pray Maddie is still living. We recognize at this point, we are hoping beyond what statistics for kidnapped children tell us. We do not want to accept that reality, but we also do not want to think of Maddie suffering with strangers in an abusive situation. We are torn between these two realities. Pray for us and Maddie, that she may be returned safely even yet."

From day 1 I believed that the McCanns were not worried about Madeleine suffering in any way! No parents could hide it so well if they were, particularly a mother. If I were to think of my 3-4 year old in the hands of pedophiles I would need to be restrained & drugged to the eyeballs to appear lucid!
Therefore there are only 2 explanations for their behaviour imho:
1. They know she is dead & not suffering horrible abuse! (Still doesn't explain their lack of obvious grief, which brings me to the conclusion that they are relieved she is gone) or
2. They know that she is alive & being well cared for & the whole abduction thing was a scam!

The comment about her giving her abductors her tuppence worth was one of the lowest & most vile things that they ever said & shows that they are not even close to human!!

Barnaby, I feel exactly as you do. The lack of concern as expressed by the McCanns over what Madeleine might be suffering has always been astonishing to me. The flippant way in which Kate said, "she's giving them her tuppence worth" along with "alive and being well cared for" always bothered me so much.

Barnaby, I feel exactly as you do. The lack of concern as expressed by the McCanns over what Madeleine might be suffering has always been astonishing to me. The flippant way in which Kate said, "she's giving them her tuppence worth" along with "alive and being well cared for" always bothered me so much.

Or..."the situation Madeleine finds herself in".....:furious: :furious: :furious:

Or..."the situation Madeleine finds herself in".....:furious: :furious: :furious:

Yea & that "she is being treated like a princess" Maybe they think they will run into her in Harrods some day with an entourage & a huge credit card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member