Gerry's Blog - CURRENT - ALL THREADS MERGED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witch hunt? What do the McCanns call what their friends and the press did to Robert Murat? A walk in the park?

Yes, Cali, but you should understand, Murat deserved it. He's a single guy and he looks kind of different as well. And he has a daughter who doesn't live with him, so who knows why his marriage failed. Plus, he lives with his mother, right, which we all know is fairly suspicious, or he's with her a lot, which is just as odd. And he lives overseas, apparently, which unless you are a retired elderly Brit, is another sign of personal oddness verging on freak.

Whereas the McCanns are a professional couple with a lovely big house and three beautiful children, and a circle of equally successful and attractive friends, who were on a vacation in a quaint little resort area.

Murat fits the classic definition of "witch hunt" --the classic odd one or village loner--for anyone familiar with the Salem witch trials, the phrase "all the witnesses agreed that the man they saw was Murat, has a nice echo to "all the witnesses agreed that they saw Goody Murat put a hex on Goody Smithers' cow. "

Seriously, if we have two sets of "arguido" and neither one has been brought to trial or indicted of the crime, either both to get be victims of a witch hunt or neither do.

And Murat is just as deserving of having the arguido status lifted as the McCanns, and possibly more so.

And Murat is just as deserving of having the arguido status lifted as the McCanns, and possibly more so.

I don't know why he hasn't been released from arguido status already. It's been 3 months since the PJ found nothing in his garden.

I don't know why he hasn't been released from arguido status already. It's been 3 months since the PJ found nothing in his garden.

I agree. But he doesn't have Clarence Mitchell to arrange sympathetic media coverage for him.

Portuguese LE does not "release" someone from arguido status. They allow it to expire. Three months hasn't been long enough for his to expire.

In the newspapers you will find the information that (1. Madeleine's hair and DNA were found at his estate or (2. that nothing suspicious was ever found at his estate. About an equal number of articles in English. Choose your preference.

By their own admission they are guilty, guilty, guilty of gross negligence & a total disregard for the safety of their precious children. One perished, three might have & remember that even though Kate was convinced that Madeleine had been abducted she still left her remaining two children alone in that apartment when she went back to the tapas bar to report the "abduction". The perpetrators could have been hiding, waiting to come back for the other two, how did she know they would not?
Are you seriously trying to tell me that these people are innocent of any crime?
This is the part that has always bothered me the most - how could she have left the twins alone after finding someone had "taken your daughter". You'd scream and yell, but I just can't see leaving your two other children behind if you honestly thought your other child had been abducted.

It's rumored that the 'group' drank more than a few bottles of wine, what's the possibility that Kate just went blank upon finding Maddie missing? Maybe she was 'feeling' the wine and didn't think or react appropriately.

Yes, Cali, but you should understand, Murat deserved it. He's a single guy and he looks kind of different as well. And he has a daughter who doesn't live with him, so who knows why his marriage failed. Plus, he lives with his mother, right, which we all know is fairly suspicious, or he's with her a lot, which is just as odd. And he lives overseas, apparently, which unless you are a retired elderly Brit, is another sign of personal oddness verging on freak.

Whereas the McCanns are a professional couple with a lovely big house and three beautiful children, and a circle of equally successful and attractive friends, who were on a vacation in a quaint little resort area.

Murat fits the classic definition of "witch hunt" --the classic odd one or village loner--for anyone familiar with the Salem witch trials, the phrase "all the witnesses agreed that the man they saw was Murat, has a nice echo to "all the witnesses agreed that they saw Goody Murat put a hex on Goody Smithers' cow. "

Seriously, if we have two sets of "arguido" and neither one has been brought to trial or indicted of the crime, either both to get be victims of a witch hunt or neither do.

And the "lazy" right eye..almost like in the movies.

It's rumored that the 'group' drank more than a few bottles of wine, what's the possibility that Kate just went blank upon finding Maddie missing? Maybe she was 'feeling' the wine and didn't think or react appropriately.

Is wine the reason she is still not acting what most people would deem appropriately.

Is wine the reason she is still not acting what most people would deem appropriately.

I've always thought it had to have some effect, but the McCanns and the others insist they did not drink all the bottles that were on the receipt, and they were not in the least bit inebriated. So, according to them, no.

Usually, something like that would be a buzz-kill

I too think that the shock of finding your daughter missing would soon sober you up!

Regarding is Kate drinking & that is why she is so calm? I doubt that, alcohol is actually a depressant so she would be more sad, no?

If they had drinks before dinner & 14 bottles of wine with meal between the few people that seemed to be at that table for the whole meal then they did drink quite a lot that night! I mean Tanner & O'Brien were missing for a long time, Gerry & Oldfield were gone for periods also so 14 bottles is a lot, that is more or less two bottles each for 7 people in a relatively short period of time, from 8.30 - 10pm plus the cocktails before! I would not be able to handle that amount of alcohol!

Gerry's Blog/Diary

Day 190 - 09/11/2007

The media attention in Rothley has died down considerably with the passing of the six-month marker last weekend. The prayer service for Madeleine and other missing children was very well attended and we found it calming, comforting and very positive. The four churches in Rothley contributed to the service as they will be doing so again for remembrance Sunday and these events strengthen our sense of community.

No major developments to report in the last week in the search for Madeleine. There has been a good response to the launch of the helpline to find Madeleine and all the leads are being checked out and followed up where appropriate. Kate and I continue to encourage anyone who has information to phone or e-mail.

It has been a busier week for me as I have returned to work, initially on a part-time basis. The Trust have been very supportive throughout and it has been good, although difficult, to see so many friends and colleagues again. I was certainly ready to get back although we have agreed to gradually phase my return to full-time commitments. It is also been the first week since we returned from Portugal when we have not had friends or family staying with us. Kate and I have therefore been opening all the mail ourselves and we would like to thank everyone who has offered their support and encouragement.

Look at the "About Madeleine" Page! Bloody disgraceful all they have to say about her is that she ".... was born 4 years ago" Are these people for real?

Gerry says: Why doesn't Gerry hire Equus Search (sp?) ...the team that goes in with horses? Surely he can get Branson to pay for this team to go to the Algarve.

Maybe because he thinks they might find Madeline.

Right, Trino.

I'm surprised that Gerry (according to the blog) is leaving Kate alone these days while he's at work. He says family and friends have departed.

So, Kate has no "keepers" present to check on her care of the twins?

Hope she doesn't pop out and leave them alone when she goes on her daily runs.

Right, Trino.

I'm surprised that Gerry (according to the blog) is leaving Kate alone these days while he's at work. He says family and friends have departed.

So, Kate has no "keepers" present to check on her care of the twins?

Hope she doesn't pop out and leave them alone when she goes on her daily runs.

Remember the nanny one of the family members mentioned in an interview? As in. "They have a very good nanny at home." Plus the twins were in a kind of preschool in their home town as well.

Remember the nanny one of the family members mentioned in an interview? As in. "They have a very good nanny at home." Plus the twins were in a kind of preschool in their home town as well.
Do you have a link for this Tex?

Do the McCanns still have a nanny? Is she the same one they've always had?

Why would Kate and Gerry pay a nanny if the twins are in pre-school and Kate's not working? Didn't they need to use money from the fund to pay the mortgage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Venable