Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering who made the calls to John Ray and his family. Rex wasn't aware he was about to be arrested. Why would he have been taunting Ray? Could it have been someone else? It will be interesting to know who made those calls and what prompted them.
I don't know, why they should do it, but perhaps a relative of the victims called? Do you think, they were informed of the upcoming arrest?

I don't know, why they should do it, but perhaps a relative of the victims called? Do you think, they were informed of the upcoming arrest?

I'm going to wait to see what Ray discovers. I have my own theory, but will wait to see if its accurate. It depends on whether the person(s) calling him were aware an arrest was pending or whether it was just coincidence that they called just prior. If it was actually Ray calling, that would be a very bizarre coincidence.

Please, do we have anyone with Law Enforcement who is involved with using DNA for identification? It is stressed the “mitochondrial DNA" is being used. Is the mtDNA ALWAYS used this way? Why not the yDNA? As someone who knows just enough to be dangerous, I can't help wondering if mtDNA is ALWAYS used or why it is being stressed in this case.

Please, do we have anyone with Law Enforcement who is involved with using DNA for identification? It is stressed the “mitochondrial DNA" is being used. Is the mtDNA ALWAYS used this way? Why not the yDNA? As someone who knows just enough to be dangerous, I can't help wondering if mtDNA is ALWAYS used or why it is being stressed in this case.
There is an expert named CeCe Moore who is excellent at providing information about how this works. jmo

I'm going to wait to see what Ray discovers. I have my own theory, but will wait to see if its accurate. It depends on whether the person(s) calling him were aware an arrest was pending or whether it was just coincidence that they called just prior. If it was actually Ray calling, that would be a very bizarre coincidence.
Your last sentence: RAY calling or rather REX calling??

Let's not forget that if the daughter is the biological product of this marriage, both wife and daughter likely have identical mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) profiles that are the same at all compared positions. Now, it would be possible for the daughter to have a mutation and be different on a marker or two.
Yes, you are right. The daughter would have her mother's mtDNA. So would the mother's son. But, only females pass it down to their offspring.

I wonder, if it is really possible for a person (RH) to have a long hair from another person (wife) on him, which by chance falls on a victim just then, when the victim gets tied up. AND it even happened with 3 hairs (plus one from himself, afaik) on two or three victims. I can rather imagine, he was at his home with each victim, where the hairs were scattered (maybe on the bathroom floor if not the bed) and didn't have to be transferred by him.
I have very long, very curly hair. Even though I normally wear it pulled back, the family stories of where "oh, that's mom's hair" ended up, are quite legendary and comical. Everything from a jar of pickles, to someone's gym shoes, inside their gym bag, to someone's shirt at their workplace. And about 8 million other places over the years.

I can assure you, it's entirely possible.

Interesting info at the end of this article - a forensic psychologist speculated, before RH was caught, that the perp might have stopped killing because of his age:

“'I’m just looking at the statistics and doing the research,' the data-driven Johnston said modestly.

'We look at the research and we’ve been studying serial killers for probably 40 years,' she said.

'Serial killers rarely kill after the age of 50,' she added."

I find it very interesting that so far we have not heard from anyone who worked at RH's business.

What would they have to lose? Not their job, certainly--that's already gone.

Okay I'm kind of off in a rabbit hole of my own mind, but do those staffers that were pictured on his business website even exist?
I have also wondered about if he really had employees. I have also wondered if he possibly wanted it to look like he had employees so that he could falsely stake a claim to financial assistance during Covid. Just speculating based on some of his other financial behaviors.

At his office near the Empire State Building, Rex Heuermann was a master of the meticulous: a veteran architectural consultant and a self-styled expert at navigating the intricacies of New York City’s building code. He impressed some clients and drove others crazy with his fine-toothed directives.
-.-.-
According to the timeline released by prosecutors and to Buildings Department and court records, Mr. Heuermann kept up his busy work schedule even as victims were vanishing.
-.-.-
Interesting all together.

Last edited:

Regarding question of bad toupee, bad wig, etc.
scroll down to photo of Rex ( the one directly below photo of Scott Bonn)
See left side of Rex head. Looks like improper placement ( hairless spot )

Regarding question of bad toupee, bad wig, etc.
scroll down to photo of Rex ( the one directly below photo of Scott Bonn)
See left side of Rex head. Looks like improper placement ( hairless spot )
1689520280833.png
''Bonn found it “really riveting” that suspect Rex Heuermann was an architect “because they have to be extremely precise and organized and meticulous. And that is exactly what [the] crime scenes and the way these bodies were disposed would indicate.”

Even that incongruity is a known phenomenon of humanity. People here on the threads have been quoting variations on 'the cobbler's children go barefoot' since the first pictures of his home showed up in articles.

It's a people thing, not serial killer thing.

And the fact that he has a disabled child and also appears to spend a lot of his income on sex workers probably factors into it. The money he is earning is going into things other than his house.

MOO
Thanks, makes sense.

If he had a wig, surely they would have seized it before his mug shot.

I think he just has unruly hair.

My money's still on toupee/hairpiece. If his appearance most resembles that of witness accounts and additional evidence (selfies, etc) with hair on his head, LE would have allowed his mug shot to be taken with the "rug" on his head. jmo

ETA: No wigs in prison, I assume. But for a mug shot... I think it's likely ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engel