Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Rex Heuermann is 59 years old with no prior criminal history,” criminal defence lawyer Michael Brown said in a statement to News 12 Long Island. “He is a loving husband to his wife of over 25 years and an involved and dedicated father to his daughter and stepson.

“There is nothing about Mr Heuermann that would suggest that he is involved in these incidents.

“And while the government has decided to focus on him despite more significant and stronger leads, we are looking forward to defending him in a court of law before a fair and impartial jury of his peers.”

“Rex Heuermann is 59 years old with no prior criminal history,” criminal defence lawyer Michael Brown said in a statement to News 12 Long Island. “He is a loving husband to his wife of over 25 years and an involved and dedicated father to his daughter and stepson.

“There is nothing about Mr Heuermann that would suggest that he is involved in these incidents.

“And while the government has decided to focus on him despite more significant and stronger leads, we are looking forward to defending him in a court of law before a fair and impartial jury of his peers.”

Blah, blah, blah.... Just wait until the evidence comes out... his lawyer will change his tune no doubt

yes, if you do not keep up your yard, and lawn, and if your house falls in disrepair the neighbors most likely will report you to the city and you will be fined. If your house is not up to code it can be demolished. Some neighborhoods are extremely picky esp if you happen to live in a HOA neighborhood.
If my lawn gets past 5 inches the city can and will fine me $500 each time.
Usually, neighbors will ask you to clean up first before reporting you.
I am shocked on Long Island no neighbor did report him. If he did he chose instead to just pay the fines.
Every city is different and some neighborhoods are far more picky. The neighbors that fall in disrepair can cause other's houses to lower in value and create a serious problem if left unchecked.
500 for your lawn? What city is that please.

And, the house is most likely where some of the murders took place or held his trophies or implements (if there are any).

If he has property elsewhere, I hope they are getting warrants for those as well. JMHO
I really don’t think any of the victims personal items will be in his home, because in his mind the very victims were his personal properties. Overall I hope and pray all the families and friends and even the public gets closure and justice.
Remember he’s just one of the many serial killers out in this world. If the public and law enforcements work together like in this situation I feel these type of evil people will be caught a lot faster instead of years of suffering .

Last edited:
On Long Island, we generally don't ever confront the neighbors about these things.

ok, so not a nosey neighborhood?
In Seattle, the neighbors watch every little move you make and you can fines for the dumbest things. Garbage cans not behind a fence/hidden from view of the street. Grass exceeding 6 inches etc...

I'm from Long Island and I honestly didn't think that the property looked that bad. Yes it is an old outdated house that needs a lot of repairs, but this is absolutely not remotely that bad compared to some people's properties. This is not a gated community or where there is city/town police in the area. As long as trees aren't going into someone else's property or if there is some other fire hazard/fire code, then the fire chief will come. Otherwise, the backyard looks pretty well kempt and the front yard isn't that terrible. JMO

The front lawn and yard look well kept the pillar that looks like it's gonna fall is what I notice first and foremost as peeling paint.

There has been a lot of speculation about the timing of the arrest and whether it indicates the defendant in the case was planning an imminent attack (or perhaps be waa becoming a flight risk). While this task force likely had a detailed timeline, milestones and plans, including potential arrest dates, I think it is also perfectly possible that, after evidence secured and prosecution ready for the grand jury, during a leaders' standup they just spontaneously decided to arrest him. It appears more choreographed (and the actual arrest was) but the go/no go decision to conduct this arrest I am arguing could have been more spontaneous than we think. The reason for saying this is anecdotal.
There was a potential leak so they had to arrest him before it got out. Kudos to this task force for maintaining the secrecy of this investigation for 16 months. That in itself, tells you how dedicated this task force was in trying to catch him. He grew up and lives 4 blocks from my childhood home in MP and he is a year younger than me. We went to elementary school together. Thankfully it was a long time ago and I don’t remember him at all. Still creepy to know that I went to school with someone who would later become a serial killer.

People are creatures of habit a Zebra never loses his strips. So If I had a question to ask it would be what is the purpose of hurting so many people and their families. Heck I am not related in any shape or form and it’s hurt my heart. I also noticed a lot of these serial killers are highly intelligent individuals and blend in I truly believe they are born with this darkness in them.

Yep, the folks I know also have theirs displayed in protective, locked gun cases.

So, why lock them away in a room?
Because he's a murderdous, serial killing, hoarding, evil monster?
Who knows. I have a feeling though we're going to find out more than we ever wanted to know about this guy (more than we already know, I mean).

jmo

I agree. I think we'll be discussing this case for decades to come.

I'm from Long Island and I honestly didn't think that the property looked that bad. Yes it is an old outdated house that needs a lot of repairs, but this is absolutely not remotely that bad compared to some people's properties. This is not a gated community or where there is city/town police in the area. As long as trees aren't going into someone else's property or if there is some other fire hazard/fire code, then the fire chief will come. Otherwise, the backyard looks pretty well kempt and the front yard isn't that terrible. JMO
this. Im from there too and there is always an unkept house or two in the neighborhood- there are not associations will hoa's or anything in most older neighborhoods and people usually leave things alone unless they are on their property. Good post and info
Where I live in western and mountain states of the US with relatively new and so many brand new housing developments of condominium/townhomes the Homeowners Association rules are sometimes very strict and will levy fines for scofflaws, non approved paint color, trash bin left out, camper parked & many more.
It doesnt work that way in many older places on long island.

Also, true about displaying guns etc. On the island, laws are stiffer and it's less impressive to have guns all over on display- that would be a red flag- plus this guy wasnt having friends over to see his home.

It is scary having grown up in the area and always hearing about this- i am so glad it is finally over and worried to see what more we find out

I would love to watch it but I am struggling to find a way to access it from my location (Australia). It's kind of infuriating, because I have pay tv (Foxtel) which actually has A&E, but there's no The Killing Season when I search for it, so I can only assume it hasn't been released out here. Very annoying.
Does this link work?

there is something weird and wrong about Shannen's case and the fact that her mother received weird phone calls
about Shannen ... from someone calling himself a Doctor ...isn't an Architect a PHD and technically a Doctor?

it's too coincidental..it's just now making me wonder...and did RH know he left her behind the house of a Doctor?

I think he was out there playing games, I think he popped out of that area just like he recently did at the park..
he made those taunting calls...there are not a series of people doing similar crimes..no way! no ..they had taunting calls too!!

mOO

I'm sure if they came forward they endured abuse or torture. I feel bad for them, they deserve our sympathy as well as victims. :(
Yesterday, In an interview, John Ray stated that his office as well as LE have been getting a lot of phone calls. he didn’t elaborate on the calls but I’m guessing some sex workers are are calling John Rays office (since LE is typically not a first line of defense for sex workers) it will be interesting to see how that aspect plays out.

I've been thinking about the 'ogre' moniker we've read people mention (I think a pimp mentioned it--from an article someone posted).

Every ogre I recall from fairy tale illustrations and movies is bald. So, perhaps if he did wear a hairpiece, he removed it when he planned to kill, and then he really did look like an ogre (to those who lived to remember him).

That's what I thought too, he saw him without the cheap toupee on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum