Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahmer killed a bunch of people in a crowded apartment block. Murder can happen anywhere, and can be quieter than we think. In a free standing home with land around it? No problem. If people do hear anything, they tend to rationalise it away rather than jumping to their neighbour being a serial killer.

MOO

Yeah, I have a different take being familiar with the area. MOO

I have very long, very curly hair. Even though I normally wear it pulled back, the family stories of where "oh, that's mom's hair" ended up, are quite legendary and comical. Everything from a jar of pickles, to someone's gym shoes, inside their gym bag, to someone's shirt at their workplace. And about 8 million other places over the years.

I can assure you, it's entirely possible.
I agree! I also have very long hair which, when I'm around the house, I keep pulled back into a ponytail. Every time I vacuum I have to pull out all the hair that is tangled around the roller. I don't doubt for a minute that his wife's hair could have been picked up off surfaces in his home and transferred to the victim. Only my opinion and speculation.

Does anyone think there are at least two serial killers dumping bodies near gilgo?
I'm really starting to wonder having just finished re-watching Killing Season on A&E on demand and also here #1

In fact I flipped to 2 during the series, then back to 1 toward the end. When they went to that guy's house in Massapequa in Ep 8 it was surreal knowing what we know now.

Last edited:
When Peaches and her infant were murdered in 1997, RH's daughter was about a year old (presumably his stepson was older). How conceivable is it that RH would murder a baby at that point in his life?
Some people say that child rapists are very specific in their age brackets for preferences.

I'm not going into detail, but my personal, lived experience is that a person who wants to sexually assault children isn't that picky, and will take the opportunity to sexually assault anyone from infants up to children on the verge of entering high school.

We know RH had explicit searches for CSAM. We can only see what's in the PCA, but just because the ages listed in the searches are those of kids in middle childhood doesn't exclude him from harming a toddler. <modsnip> or children of the same age or appearance as their own children.

I think that if he is responsible for harming Peaches, her daughter may have been more than collateral damage, as horrible as that is to contemplate.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen this posted yet, apologies if it has.

"
The skeleton of a Long Island man who disappeared after venturing onto a Native American reservation earlier this year was found Thursday scattered along a highway — suffering from what a family friend described as “horrific violence.”

Isaiah Henriquez, 20, was identified Saturday as the human remains found by a driver who had pulled onto a wooded area of exit 40 on the Southern State Parkway in Islip, state police announced."

Remains found on LI highway ID’d as man who vanished from Native American reservation

While searching for Gilbert, investigators to skeletal remains of 10 other bodies,…

The client Gilbert met with that fateful night on Long Island has long denied any involvement in her death and cooperated with investigators.

On Friday, his attorney told NJ Advance Media says he had nothing to do with Heuermann or his arrest.

“He doesn’t have any involvement with Rex (Heuermann),” said the attorney, Nicholas Ramcharitar, said. The attorney declined to say more, noting a pending lawsuit from Gilbert’s estate.

In one of the KS episodes someone said Bittrolff's victims had been wrapped in burlap too. Does anyone else remember hearing this? I'm looking for MSM so far no mention of burlap for them.
convicted-killer-may-be-tied-to-gilgo-beach-murders-prosecutor

"Camo burlap ...
  • Hide tree stand, atv's, waterfowl boats and anything else that needs to blend into the woods
  • Blends into natures environment, super quite [sic] and extremely durable

Please, do we have anyone with Law Enforcement who is involved with using DNA for identification? It is stressed the “mitochondrial DNA" is being used. Is the mtDNA ALWAYS used this way? Why not the yDNA? As someone who knows just enough to be dangerous, I can't help wondering if mtDNA is ALWAYS used or why it is being stressed in this case.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a primary reason that mitochondrial DNA is used is whenever the root of the hair is not present.

My friend and I were “true criming” all last night and we think there could be two!
MOO: Like a competition or, a dark web friend or frenemy, or other. I was thinking this too. Then there was some mention of bludgeoning of Asian Male and I think of the cabinet hammer and I wonder if we are back to one. (MOO) <modsnip - discussing moderation on the thread>

My hope is that *if* there were 2, Rex Heuermann knows who that 2nd person is - and he talks. That is my hope at least. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I have very long, very curly hair. Even though I normally wear it pulled back, the family stories of where "oh, that's mom's hair" ended up, are quite legendary and comical. Everything from a jar of pickles, to someone's gym shoes, inside their gym bag, to someone's shirt at their workplace. And about 8 million other places over the years.

I can assure you, it's entirely possible.
Agree, I also have long hair and it transfers to everything, it seems, including clothing worn by family members, their sweaters, car seats, etc.

Is it possible he kept that same truck all these years? They took it away on a flatbed and it looks like the same Avalanche described by the witnesses - that seems a bit sloppy considering all the lengths he went to with the burner phones

interesting to revisit the 2011 New York Times' profile of the LISK (this is a gift link, btw)

"He is most likely a white male in his mid-20s to mid-40s. He is married or has a girlfriend. He is well educated and well spoken. He is financially secure, has a job and owns an expensive car or truck. He may have sought treatment at a hospital for poison ivy infection. As part of his job or interests, he has access to, or a stockpile of, burlap sack"

“He has to be persuasive enough and rational enough that he is able to convince these women to meet him on these terms. He has demonstrated social skills. He may even be charming.”

"The summertime disappearances suggest several characteristics. “There may be a seasonal nature to his connection to the area, or to his fantasy and ritual,” Mr. Clemente said. “It may be the time his wife or kids or parents are away for the summer. "

Bright, Careful and Sadistic: Profiling Long Island’s Mystery Serial Killer

Haven't seen this posted yet, apologies if it has.

"
The skeleton of a Long Island man who disappeared after venturing onto a Native American reservation earlier this year was found Thursday scattered along a highway — suffering from what a family friend described as “horrific violence.”

Isaiah Henriquez, 20, was identified Saturday as the human remains found by a driver who had pulled onto a wooded area of exit 40 on the Southern State Parkway in Islip, state police announced."

Remains found on LI highway ID’d as man who vanished from Native American reservation
Thank you for sharing. Yes, there's a separate thread on him.

Nassau County. Houses on top of one another. I can't believe none of the neighbors ever saw or heard anything.

When was the house built? He could have just needed a new garage door, and they are less expensive without windows. The windowed garage door may have been on the house when he bought the house from his mother in the 1990s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90