Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if RH traveled to anywhere outside of the US and Iceland?

"There exists, of course, the real question of whether or not he's killed others that are undiscovered."

There would have been no motive to stop killing in 2010, Ray said.

"There was nobody after him that he knew of," he said. "So between 2010 and now he wasn't aware of anybody chasing him where he would have to hide[…] all he had to do was stay away from the Gilgo Beach area once the police became involved and dump his bodies elsewhere."

Heuermann "should be on the radar as for the others, and as for anybody else that might have disappeared," Ray said. "That's fairly clear. That's why the police seem to be going to the other locations and looking about in the other locations on his property that he owns."

I’d love to know who this friend is that he shared a boat with. He doesn’t strike me as the type that bonds with other people outside his family (especially another man) enough to share a boat with them
Imo I can see this easily. You are sharing the boat not going out together necessarily. You have a sched who uses when - and it’s a lot more economical to split the cost 50-50 if that was the case, than bear the entire cost. Also this was 13 years ago. This guy can be very affable when he needs to be. His last hunting license was 2012 per the article and the wife’s lawyer. It’s interesting that that the soon to be ex wife’s lawyer calls him an avid hunter but people here doubt it. “Heuermann was an avid duck hunter and shared a duck boat with a friend, according to the attorney for his wife, who filed for divorce Wednesday.” What possible reason does he have to represent this if not true?
Just imo.

I'd be highly surprised if he used water access, as the getaway would have been too slow (I've spent a lot of time in duck boats....he'd be lucky to make 15 knots, if the water was calm...), as opposed to a zippy getaway in an automobile.
Totally agree. But that does not discount that he was at the time seemingly an avid duck hunter. May have increased his awareness of the area the victims were placed in. Imo

Here is some info on him

Thanks, doesn't sound like he scattered their remains though or dismembered them. I don't know why I thought he did

Imo I can see this easily. You are sharing the boat not going out together necessarily. You have a sched who uses when - and it’s a lot more economical to split the cost 50-50 if that was the case, than bear the entire cost. Also this was 13 years ago. This guy can be very affable when he needs to be. His last hunting license was 2012 per the article and the wife’s lawyer. It’s interesting that that the soon to be ex wife’s lawyer calls him an avid hunter but people here doubt it. “Heuermann was an avid duck hunter and shared a duck boat with a friend, according to the attorney for his wife, who filed for divorce Wednesday.” What possible reason does he have to represent this if not true?
Just imo.
It could be that his wife thinks he was hunting while he was stalking. Apparently, she was out of the area when the 3 murders he was charged with were likely committed.

But it could be he was doing other creepy things while she was in town, and calling it "hunting."

Then the wife would think avid hunter. Say so to attorney. Attorney repeats to press.

That wouldn't be a lie. At least not on the wife or attorney's part.

MOO

Thanks, doesn't sound like he scattered their remains though or dismembered them. I don't know why I thought he did
No he didn’t. The original bodies were found very soon after being dumped, which is why I believe if he is responsible for the others, he began to dismember them and scatter. Also, the last known victim, someone saw her getting into a small blue car (his). That may also be why he had to change things up.

OMG!!!!!

Just to clarify the information is not from LE.
It’s from a neighbor.

This guy is a wacko,” said Robert Musto, 64, a retired Long Island Rail Road worker and longtime Massapequa Park neighbor, to The Post on Sunday, referring to the 59-year-old suspect.

“He’s got a soundproof room in his basement,” Musto said he was told by cops at the scene. “What do you think that was for?

“They’re saying there’s evidence he killed at least one of the girls down there,” the Long Island neighbor said. “The cops are going to dig all that out. Said they’re focused on the soundproof room in the basement but they’re going to look at everything.”

A law-enforcement source told The Post on Sunday, “Cops are looking for evidence if the victims were in the house, nothing yet.”

Have to disagree re signature, it's not always present.

Over time, serial murderers may extend their activities outside of their comfort zone but only after building their confidence by executing several successful murders while avoiding detection by law enforcement authorities.

I agree. The idea that a signature is always present is a bit of a lore, imo.

However, with this sadist, I would expect all victims to have suffered and the wounds would be visible. I don't think he smothered or strangled quickly. Maybe an escalation, for example, could be inflicting wounds even after death, in addition to before. I think he liked the sight and sound of suffering, but that might be different with different victims or change over time.

Speculation only.

:( :mad:

What an ogre.

jmo

I wish people would see SW as humans that are deeply flawed no different than the rest of us. There's such a horrible stigma attached to SW. The cops said 'it's the lure of easy money." I don't think they have any idea what these girls have to go through. It's far from easy money. It's not easy work, I could never do it it's dangerous.
Some turn to SW in times of desperation to feed their child because of a deadbeat dad, or help with an addiction issue they cannot beat on their own, some are victims of generational childhood abuse. I wish cops focused on arresting the Johns and pimps more than the girls. But they somehow sympathize with the men rather than the women.

If SWs weren't regarded as unreliable many tips would have been taken seriously back in 2010.
I've noticed a pattern of SWs being ignored by beat cops in Seattle during The Green River Killer days.
How do we change this so Serial Killers are caught quickly rather than allowed to reign for decades?

I wonder if RH used meth? It would explain some things.
Some people binge meth for days on end have sex and some people get extremely violent on it.
He'd have the energy to seek out victims and dismember them and drive around all night.

Has there ever been an SK who targets Johns or Pimps? It's usually the women vs the men.

I sometimes wish there was a psychologist or an expert to properly advise that we cannot always understand another’s actions without having lived their personal experience. As we witness the stories being revealed, it’s obviously clear to us that certain actions created enormous risk but there’s unknown factors not known to us that influenced their decision. I’m trying to not be so judgmental- maybe not quite accurate- more of offering sympathy or empathy for someone else- except for evil criminals which would require life time of counseling. I guess it comes with getting old and assessing your own life’s decisions.

yes, me too. It's only human nature that people like sex with pretty girls, but I wish they were concerned about the VIOLENT Johns.
The corruption in that police dept created very serious problems in investigating it properly! They need a special task force.
It bothers me they weren't taken seriously, until our society starts protecting our most vulnerable citizens we won't get the SKs off the streets until bodies start stacking up.
This pattern keeps happening I noticed it in Seattle. The SPD reassured the citizens no one was at risk because they were just prostitutes. That haunted me.
They are people with families that love them.
They are human.
Amen! Every life is precious.

yes, me too. It's only human nature that people like sex with pretty girls, but I wish they were concerned about the VIOLENT Johns.
The corruption in that police dept created very serious problems in investigating it properly! They need a special task force.
It bothers me they weren't taken seriously, until our society starts protecting our most vulnerable citizens we won't get the SKs off the streets until bodies start stacking up.
This pattern keeps happening I noticed it in Seattle. The SPD reassured the citizens no one was at risk because they were just prostitutes. That haunted me.
They are people with families that love them.
They are human.

I don't know what case in Seattle you are referring to. If it is GRK, who was not exactly in Seattle proper (rather, South of King County and also, Pierce County), then the situation was much worse. Many of these girls were very young and ran away from difficult home conditions. One clearly had mental issues, another one, seizures. Some were not SW, just lived in the area and were abducted by GRK (Maria Malwar, I think). Her family traced the car to his house but the lazy police did not search it - they would have found the bloodied carpet if they did. GRK, having been emboldened by years of freedom, started abducting some women who were never engaged in SW. Someone much older who got a ride from him from Oregon fell prey to him. It is highly possible that the women he killed but doesn't remember were not the "locals" he patronized.

The truth is, predators don't go after SWs because of their jobs. They go after them because they are easier preys and won't be reported for long. But, if there is a chance, they'd go after someone's wife or mother, easily. The line in their minds is not drawn along "SW - not SW". It is "a woman - not a woman", or even, "easy victim - not easy victim".

If the society views the SW as "evil", the priorities are seriously shifted. IRL, their predators are evil and menace to the society.

I really only started following this case with the arrest of RH & have read the threads since then. I apologize if this is a commonly-known fact around the case...

For the three women he is accused of murdering, did he dump their bodies in the brushy sides of the road or did he make any kind of attempt to bury them? Or was that not possible to tell because of time?

Thanks for any info.

No he didn’t. The original bodies were found very soon after being dumped, which is why I believe if he is responsible for the others, he began to dismember them and scatter. Also, the last known victim, someone saw her getting into a small blue car (his). That may also be why he had to change things up.

Okay so the rest of the victims were more fitting with Joel Rifkin's killings. Robert shulman took arms to hinder identification, Bitrolff no dismemberment. Rifkin was arrested in 1993, schulman 1996 and Bitrolff in 2014.

We know Huermann was interested in Bitrolff because of the Google search.

Cherries - was found in 2007 stabbed and dismembered.

Peaches in 1997 - haven't found a cause of death for her, but was dismembered.

Baby doe _ found 2011, no cause of death.

Valerie Mack - last seen 2000, left foot not found with the rest of the remains. (I'm sure I read that Bitrolff took left foot and shoe. But I can't be sure)

Jessica Taylor - found in 2003,

Doe known as Asian Male - between 1996-2001, found complete, described as having met a violent death, this doe I think could be related to Huermann.

Fire island Jane doe - discovered 1996- same dismemberment as the others.

Manorville John Doe - complete, found in 2000 traumatic injuries.

Lattingtown Jane Doe - discovered 2013 in a bag. Signs of trauma.

We know Huermann googled Bitrolff I wonder If he also googled Rifkin and Shulmann. I've heard one of the serial killer experts who co authored a book with BTK say that he is a coward, and I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he had an unhealthy interest in the other LISK's

I sometimes wish there was a psychologist or an expert to properly advise that we cannot always understand another’s actions without having lived their personal experience. As we witness the stories being revealed, it’s obviously clear to us that certain actions created enormous risk but there’s unknown factors not known to us that influenced their decision. I’m trying to not be so judgmental- maybe not quite accurate- more of offering sympathy or empathy for someone else- except for evil criminals which would require life time of counseling. I guess it comes with getting old and assessing your own life’s decisions.

We don't need a psychologist, just practical outlook on life. (What people do is their choice, their bodies, after all, so let us not focus on their job). Simply: Imagine you are a woman hiking alone in the woods. Who, if met, is a bigger risk for you, a woman like SG or a man like Israel Keys or RH? That group, SW, is more vulnerable and hence, provides sort of a buffer between the predators and "good citizens", because they are the first to be preyed on, but if the opportunity emerges, the SK would attack us with the same ease. The danger to the society are SKs. As to the SWs, they have own issues, some are on drugs, but the maximum harm they can do is steal, and lots of "decent" people do it, btw. Whatever possible harm you can expect from SW, it is nothing even remotely similar to sadistic attacks from SKs. And plus, SW don't pretend to be better than they are. SKs wear the masks of "decent society members". Another danger.

Last edited:
I have somehow missed out in these developments.
Im surprised at all the evidence they seem to have. And why is his his wife’s dna there? Sorry … just if anyone has the time. No demands, lol.

Okay so the rest of the victims were more fitting with Joel Rifkin's killings. Robert shulman took arms to hinder identification, Bitrolff no dismemberment. Rifkin was arrested in 1993, schulman 1996 and Bitrolff in 2014.

We know Huermann was interested in Bitrolff because of the Google search.

Cherries - was found in 2007 stabbed and dismembered.

Peaches in 1997 - haven't found a cause of death for her, but was dismembered.

Baby doe _ found 2011, no cause of death.

Valerie Mack - last seen 2000, left foot not found with the rest of the remains. (I'm sure I read that Bitrolff took left foot and shoe. But I can't be sure)

Jessica Taylor - found in 2003,

Doe known as Asian Male - between 1996-2001, found complete, described as having met a violent death, this doe I think could be related to Huermann.

Fire island Jane doe - discovered 1996- same dismemberment as the others.

Manorville John Doe - complete, found in 2000 traumatic injuries.

Lattingtown Jane Doe - discovered 2013 in a bag. Signs of trauma.

We know Huermann googled Bitrolff I wonder If he also googled Rifkin and Shulmann. I've heard one of the serial killer experts who co authored a book with BTK say that he is a coward, and I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he had an unhealthy interest in the other LISK's
Definitely agree that RH could be responsible for Asian Doe. I am really curious about the other searches. If he only searched up Bittrolff, that would be very interesting

I have somehow missed out in these developments.
Im surprised at all the evidence they seem to have. And why is his his wife’s dna there? Sorry … just if anyone has the time. No demands, lol.

I can think of dozens of reasons why, but without getting into details, probably, because they lived in a hoarded environment, and this is because he was an obsessive miser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98