Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more or less saying that Schaller might be lying about something. And I don't think Heuermann is LISK. A more likely suspect is Bittrolff. There's that odd little connection between Rita Tangredi's daughter and Melissa Barthélemy. They were the best of friends.
Have you wondered if RH, an architectural code professional may have met J Bittrolff, a construction worker- or perhaps they both had the same perverted interests and might have either worked together or were in a kind of sick territorial competition? There is a well documented group of men who rated SWs and kept others in their online group abreast of SW scams, STDs and crappy things this group of men planned to do as a group hiring individual SWs. It should all be documented in the very early LISK archives. Who’s to say JB and RH weren’t at the very least following that group. One thing is certain they both were known to frequent places along the main road (where RH had a storage unit) called something like Sunset Hwy. Places for men’s entertainment-so to speak.

I think, RH didn't know, he had been scammed and he "innocently" wanted to have his "goods" for the financial advance ($1500) the next day. If Amber could be sure, that RH wasn't assuming scam at all, she didn't have to have fear (unfortunately).

As far as that whole situation goes, I think a lot of it comes down to individual mindsets.

There is a girl in my hometown that basically has a daily mugshot posted online, as she pulls exactly the same scam repeatedly. I imagine this to work on men who are quite weak and would be terrified.

I could see Rex not being easily fooled by the scam. If anything, it might have highly enraged him. He strikes me as the kind of guy that could pretend to be scared when the bf popped into the room, drove away enraged, then used his pretend weak and desperate persona mixed with his business deal experience to convince her to meet again.

I find it highly unlikely Amber would turn down extra money (which he likely offered) and not meeting Rex again would certainly give away that her shindig was a scam.

I can't even imagine having a conversation with a spouse who is in jail for being an alleged serial killer. I'd be livid, and aside from many choice words, can't imagine I'd have much to say that couldn't just be relayed through my attorney. I'd cut full ties. JMO.
I imagine if you relay things thru an attorney that just costs you more money what with billable hours and such. So if you have the means imo yes in that case you have every detail relayed thru the lawyer. If you do not have the economic where with all - you do what you have to do to put one step in front of the other. You get on the phone to sort out the everyday details with the monster to enable yourself to pull your children and yourself out of this mess - one day at a time.
Kudos to her for her fortitude.

Last edited:
Etienne de Villiers took a deep breath after a box addressed to his neighbor Heuermann landed on his porch, and he needed to deliver it to Asa Ellerup, Heuermann's estranged wife.
"She's a neighbor. You've got to do what you can. She had no idea. The kids don't deserve this, they are nice kids," de Villiers said…

We've learned the family plans to stay in the home for at least several months…

Some neighbors said they are numb, knowing they lived someone with a walk-in vault for hundreds of weapons, accused of unspeakable horrors.

"We are surrounded by something like that. That we could be involved in something like that. It's tough to be a part of it," de Villiers said.

IMG_1406-scaled.jpeg
In 2011, a series of murders of sex workers shocked Long Island.*“Sex Work After Gilgo” first aired on April 4, 2022,

“Sex Work After Gilgo” is a three-part investigative audio series examining the relationship between vulnerable populations and law enforcement. In this series, The Long Island Advocate’s Alexandra Whitbeck looks at the unsolved Gilgo Murders by the Long Island Serial Killer to better understand how sex workers are policed on the Island and in New York State. The series discusses the legal, political and social questions faced by sex workers after the murders, which left many fearing for their lives.

“Sex Work After Gilgo” was Whitbeck’s master’s thesis for Hofstra University’s Graduate Journalism Program, which passed with distinction in December. The series was also named a finalist in the Society of Professional Journalists 2021 Mark of Excellence Awards and featured on 88.7FM WRHU’s “The Morning Show” and on Hofstra social media.

Etienne de Villiers took a deep breath after a box addressed to his neighbor Heuermann landed on his porch, and he needed to deliver it to Asa Ellerup, Heuermann's estranged wife.
"She's a neighbor. You've got to do what you can. She had no idea. The kids don't deserve this, they are nice kids," de Villiers said…

We've learned the family plans to stay in the home for at least several months…

Some neighbors said they are numb, knowing they lived someone with a walk-in vault for hundreds of weapons, accused of unspeakable horrors.

"We are surrounded by something like that. That we could be involved in something like that. It's tough to be a part of it," de Villiers said.

From the article in the attached post. “Chris I spoke to the other day, and the first words out of his mouth, 'I don't think my father did this.' I said 'Chris, you don't have to think your father did this. It's OK.' What else can you tell a kid?" de Villiers said.

Chris is the stepson and devillars is the neighbor. Imo Just pulls on your heart strings for the kids. This is the man he has known as Dad - of course it’s unthinkable to the him. Devastating. What a long journey this will be for this family. Imo

The timing of these calls is also interesting as it has been stated that the Barthelemy calls were made from extremely busy locations so that even with cameras everywhere, it was impossible to trace the calls. 12:40 p.m. -- that suggests a lunch hour noon to 1 p.m.. The later time, with his personal phone, he was back on the job. At one point in the document, the point is made that at NO time when a call to the victims was being made was RH's phone active anywhere else. In other words, LE had attempted to find his personal phone AWAY from the burner phone or victims' phones and had not succeeded.

Edited to add: I hope the photos taken at the times the victims' phones were used are now scanned to see if RH can be located in the crowd. Wouldn't that be strong evidence if at the exact time Barthelemy's phone was being used to call her family by the man who said he killed her RH could be proven to be in the exact location of the phone call?
Absolutely! We’ve known for years that there are cameras everywhere in that part of Manhattan.

“If the defendant’s DNA from a buccal swab sample matches the mitochondrial DNA profile developed from Megan Waterman’s remains, there is scientific evidence of the defendant’s contact not only with Ms. Waterman and where her remains were discovered, but also with the burlap utilized to restrain and transport her human remains,” Assistant District Attorney Michelle Haddad wrote.

From the article in the attached post. “Chris I spoke to the other day, and the first words out of his mouth, 'I don't think my father did this.' I said 'Chris, you don't have to think your father did this. It's OK.' What else can you tell a kid?" de Villiers said.

Chris is the stepson and devillars is the neighbor. Imo Just pulls on your heart strings for the kids. This is the man he has known as Dad - of course it’s unthinkable to the him. Devastating. What a long journey this will be for this family. Imo

It's a natural reaction, isn't it?
Imagine being told the man you've considered your father for over 20 yrs being accused of this. The man whose been present every step of your journey into adulthood, the one whose cheered you on, comforted you, corrected you, taught you things. Then he's ripped away from you. Accused of horrifying acts. Torn the life you've known apart. Completely shattered everything you thought you knew about someone you love.

It's just, unreal. Feel so so bad for this family. The person whom they thought they knew, someone who has provided for, cared for and protected them. What a betrayal.

Keep thinking about the conversations that household could have had when these women were found deceased. The fear they could have had about it, and the person that should have comforted them, has been arrested and charged for actually committing these crimes. I just can't wrap my head around it. It's just heartbreaking on so many levels.
So many victims, at the hands of one person.

2 hands.
1 person.
All that emotional and physical destruction.

Moo

BBM
I also want to add fear or revenge from LE that was crooked and since then had been arrested.

I am only 1/2 way thru the depositions, but it really seems to me DS really cared for SG. That said, I am only 1/2 way done. If he did become inconsistent, there are plenty reading why.

I'm thinking of Diaz
Quite a few of the “boyfriends” and/or traffickers ended up going to prison. Johnny Terry, MB’s “boyfriend,” MW’s boyfriend A Cruz, iirc, and his buddy R Blake. DS admitted that he wasn’t squeaky clean so it’s possible he didn’t want to get too cozy with the Burke and Spota’s crew.

Imagine being told the man you've considered your father for over 20 yrs being accused of this. The man whose been present every step of your journey into adulthood, the one whose cheered you on, comforted you, corrected you, taught you things. Then he's ripped away from you. Accused of horrifying acts. Torn the life you've known apart. Completely shattered everything you thought you knew about someone you love.

It's just, unreal. Feel so so bad for this family. The person whom they thought they knew, someone who has provided for, cared for and protected them. What a betrayal.

Keep thinking about the conversations that household could have had when these women were found deceased. The fear they could have had about it, and the person that should have comforted them, has been arrested and charged for actually committing these crimes. I just can't wrap my head around it. It's just heartbreaking on so many levels.

2 hands.
1 person.

Moo
I totally get what your saying. But, I haven't read anything yet that says RH, a man whose been present every step of their journey into adulthood, the one whose cheered them on, comforted them corrected them, taught them things.

What I've read so far is he is deceitful, double life, murderer who kept his family in squalor.

That's according to Alisa Bernard, a former prostitute who now works with the advocacy group World Without Exploitation as its national campaign manager.

“In my opinion, if women had learned how to screen out bad guys in our lives, we would have started doing that generations ago,” she said, adding, that it’s “a victim blaming way” to point out that the women who were killed “just didn't screen well enough.”

Bernard, who is white, said that most of the people working in the sex industry are disproportionately women of color, LGBTQ folks, and the impoverished.

Similar to some, she did experience sexual abuse in her childhood and she was a teenage runaway.

“Things just kind of led from there,” she added.

2 hands.
1 person.

Moo
Well, sure.

I recall it vaguely from discussions around Joseph James DeAngelo, whose daughter said (originally that is; not quite sure what she said after she'd learned everything), he was a brilliant father, loving and doting, not at all the type of person who aroused a jot of suspicion in her; and criminologists had been like "this is one of the most dangerous mentally unhinged perpetrators we've ever met" for decades.

I was creeped out enough trying to contemplate Rex gaslighting the Barthelemy family with phone calls from Midtown - had he no assistant?!? Nobody in his office quarters who could have walked in on him at any moment??

IIRC, he bought his mother's home in 1994 and opened up his own business in 1994. Got married two years later.
Yes, I read another post that shows the marriage in 1996. It’s taking me several days to get caught up, I guess I screwed up the dates. It seems though that the mid 90s were packed with big life changes for RH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB