Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding John Ray's accusations of AE's involvement in RH's activities.

A lot of people are disgusted with John Ray for that. Bearing in mind John Ray has been pretty accurate in his opinions all along, I just ask one question of the wives out their on this forum.

If you were in AE's situation would you also be totally unaware of everything RH was doing?

Yes, with several mobile dumpsters and even several workers. I read it yesterday, but where did I?
This is freaking me out. I heard or read about it earlier in the week and never saw it discussed here. As the days have passed I started thinking I was imagining the whole thing or that I just had a bad dream about it. LOL This case is moving so quickly that it kind of does start to get into one's head.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
They seem from the PCA to have very good data information for Megan, Melissa, and Amber (less, sadly, for Maureen because of the passage of time). I would expect that if there was information linking RH to SG - phone calls, etc. - it could be determined. If AE was out of area, that would be able to be determined, too. SG went missing the month before Megan did, so she's still easily in the window when the data still remains if contact was made. If such contact exists, the task force would be aware of the significance of that, even if Shannan's death is not connected to her contact with RH. They're talking to living sex workers and living former sex workers for a reason. Those people survived their contact with RH, and the trick may have been completely conventional, no red flags, but they still want to sit down with them and get as much information as they can.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

A lot of people are disgusted with John Ray for that. Bearing in mind John Ray has been pretty accurate in his opinions all along, I just ask one question of the wives out their on this forum.

If you were in AE's situation would you also be totally unaware of everything RH was doing?

AE is a victim.

I believe I would notice a change in his behavior but I would eventually question the changes. I'm not sure I would be thinking SK but maybe cheating behavior. But as a mother who had a special needs child, I'd probably dismiss too because I would be too overwhelmed with taking care of my child. However she may not have noticed initially because he was committing his crimes while she was away with her kids, so he would have time to get back into his normal routine before she returned. Interesting question though.

ETA: Up until yesterday I had some respect for John Ray, but all he said yesterday angered me completely. This case doesn't involve him at all. Why would a credible witness not go to the police first? It's like throwing spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks. To this day I don't think anyone really knows what happen to SG or the other victim's located and that is so tragic to me. I don't believe for one second that AE is in on those crimes or lying about her present situation. I understand why some family members of the victim's may be angry right now about AE, but it doesn't change the fact that she is also a victim in another way too of RH. John Ray needs to shut his pie hole.

Last edited:
It's incredible to me that they found several hairs of AE on the victims yet only one piece of DNA from him from all 4 of the girls. They found more secondary DNA than primary. What does one have to do to not get DNA on victims ... cover himself from head to toe?
There are a bunch of factors to note, here.
* The time the girls lay in a harsh environment, exposed to the elements
* The fact that most, if not all the girls would have been skeletal by the time they were found
* The progression of science surrounding DNA since the girls were found. They can get full profiles with rootless hair, degraded samples, mixed samples, minute samples, which was future science or hit and miss in 2010.

We also don't know what he did postmortem to try and erase his DNA from them, such as washing the bodies or using chemicals such as bleach.

MOO

Will LE announce to eliminate Rex's wife as a suspect in this case? Since John Ray's providing a statement that she could be an accomplice due to her DNA (strands of hair) being found at the crime scene.
It’s odd that LE hasn’t had an in-depth interview with the family. As a family member, I would schedule an interview and polygraph so that I could be cleared and LE could move forward.

This is freaking me out. I heard or read about it earlier in the week and never saw it discussed here. As the days have passed I started thinking I was imagining the whole thing or that I just had a bad dream about it. LOL This case is moving so quickly that it kind of does start to get into one's head.

AE's attorney, Robert Macdonio, said in an interview on NewsNation that one of his client's donated dumpsters and five men donated their time to help AE and her family clean up the mess at her house. The video interview was posted here on this thread last week by OP. Here is the link, and the discussion with AE's attorney starts at around 1:57 mark.

There are a bunch of factors to note, here.
* The time the girls lay in a harsh environment, exposed to the elements
* The fact that most, if not all the girls would have been skeletal by the time they were found
* The progression of science surrounding DNA since the girls were found. They can get full profiles with rootless hair, degraded samples, mixed samples, minute samples, which was future science or hit and miss in 2010.

We also don't know what he did postmortem to try and erase his DNA from them, such as washing the bodies or using chemicals such as bleach.

MOO
Thank you!

yep. I was married for more than 15 years to a very secretive, emotionally abusive man. We've been divorced more than 30 years and just a couple of months ago I had an epiphany/ understanding of something I had railed about for years. Who knows how long it will be before AE starts adding the pieces up in her head and having any understanding. If her mind and memory are anything like mine, little pieces start being remembered and eventually fit into the understanding of what something probably meant. ETA: After years, you understand not to believe anything he says, but other than knowing it for sure WAS NOT what you're told, you probably won't know what he is doing. I did get to the place where I was following him, or driving by where he was supposed to be and never was. He would refuse to provide any answers. Oh, and sometimes they will tell you something, but the argument and focus of the conversation is another area, which you focus on, and the telling remark is shoved aside until a memory resurfaces - if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
RH might have stalked his future victims, not only Shannan perhaps. There could have been a mixture of coincidences. I can imagine him being inquisitive and sneaky, not only have been interested in one single meeting per SW. Maybe, it was fun for him also, to find out other clients, living on LI? Spying on other clients would also have given him a sense of power.
I don't think he had to "spy". I think he was a regular customer of the women he chose as his victims. Hyped himself up as a bigshot architect, paid them well, and treated them well...until he didn't. What better way to get a girl to let her guard down than to be a regular, reliable, safe and easy customer ?

I don't think he had to "spy". I think he was a regular customer of the women he chose as his victims. Hyped himself up as a bigshot architect, paid them well, and treated them well...until he didn't. What better way to get a girl to let her guard down than to be a regular, reliable, safe and easy customer ?
It worked for Gary Ridgway. As far as I know, only Samuel Little has a higher known body count.

MOO

It’s odd that LE hasn’t had an in-depth interview with the family. As a family member, I would schedule an interview and polygraph so that I could be cleared and LE could move forward.
I wonder if spousal privilege has anything to do with the fact that the prosecution hasn't asked to interview AE regarding information on RH.

I do wonder if John Ray's witness may be a different SW of RH who was brought to his house while AE was there. moo

ETA: I recall Nikki Brass saying in one of her interviews that RH invited her back to his place and she didn't go. I wonder what date that was and if AE was out of town then, as an example.

Last edited:
I should have been more clear in my post. I absolutely understand why AE would retain an attorney, for any number of reasons. What I can't seem to wrap my head around is why her 2 grown children jointly retained their own separate attorney.
There was some discussion about this earlier on this thread and some of the posts are #337,341, and 344 (current post numbers).

I don't know how to bring those posts over, so I have just copied what I posted on the topic (post #337). Another poster mentioned that the adult son who has a disability may need his own attorney/advocate with regard to the division of assets due to his inability to work, etc.

Here is what I was thinking in regard to why the adult children may need their own representation -

LE will probably want to interiew them, since they lived with RH and probably sometimes travelled with RH. Also the daughter worked in RH's office. I guess it could be seen as a conflict of interest for the mother to have the same attorney as the adult chidlren.

They are in a difficult position if called to testify, if it is testimony that is against their father/step father or could be perceived as against their father/stepfather. An attorney can guide them through it.

Just guessing on this.

This case is exhausting already, although there will come much more to it.

One thing that seems interesting to me, is that RH's victims all had names - or used aliases - that started with the letter "M." Melissa, Megan, Maureen (assuming RH is ultimately charged with her murder), "Mia" (Amber, who reportedly sometimes also used the alias "Carolina").

I wonder if LE is able to determine what name each victim used when associating with RH and - if the names consistently started with "M" - if there is something to that.

Something tells me that if there were any meat to this he would have already visited with LE. But if there is truth to his allegations/innuendo - how does John Ray know that one thing led to another - the mere act of having a sex worker in your home afaik does not lead to killing them and dumping their bodies. I am anxious to see what reaction we get to his statements. These are the type of lawyers imo that give lawyers a bad name. That applies to Asa’s lawyer as well. File to maintain her rights but enough with the grandstanding. Imo.
On the other hand, as EA has a lawyer right now, I wouldn't think John Ray would make such a statement if it put him at risk of defaming her.

I have a feeling that EA is innocent. But I don't have evidence either way.

In spite of that feeling, I do trust John Ray has good reason to say what he said. Making something like that up could put him in civil court danger. If the Daily News thinks he made it up, same goes for them.

MOO

I'm very distrustful by birth, but I don't know, if I would have noticed something concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82