Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long Island Press editor-in-chief Timothy Bolger, as well as digital editor Michael Malaszczyk, won Second Place in the Best News or Feature Series category for their three-story package on the Gilgo Beach investigation throughout 2023. Bolger has been with the Press since 2003, while Malaszczyk joined in 2023. One story in the package, written by Bolger discussed how alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann lived very close to the Nassau County Police Academy. Another, also by Bolger, discussed if “Fire Island Jane Doe” Karen Vergata had last been seen at Heuermann’s house. A story by Malaszczyk analyzed every murder – both on Long Island and nationwide – that Heuermann has been potentially linked to, either by news media or investigating authorities.

Gilgo Beach Serial Killer Suspect Rex Heuermann Lived Near Nassau Police Academy

Gilgo Beach Murders: Which Killings Are Rex Heuermann Accused Of?

Was Fire Island Jane Doe Karen Vergata Last Seen at Gilgo Beach Serial Killer Suspect Rex Heuermann’s House?

Yes, it’s very curious. They have to have some very serious lead to spend all this time and money on these searches.

Slight tangent, and I understand that the “the searches aren’t tied to Heuermann” narrative has been debunked, but it made me wonder:

Theoretically, if the searches were tied to say, Bitrolff, would LE expend the huge amounts of money and manpower they did in Manorville on searching for victims of a serial killer who’s already been tried and convicted?

Slight tangent, and I understand that the “the searches aren’t tied to Heuermann” narrative has been debunked, but it made me wonder:

Theoretically, if the searches were tied to say, Bitrolff, would LE expend the huge amounts of money and manpower they did in Manorville on searching for victims of a serial killer who’s already been tried and convicted?
Just a thought, not a pleasant one but- one area SK is has been tried and convicted, and RH is safely in jail awaiting a trial etc. for alleged long ago crimes, so maybe there is a current, developing SK coming down the pike?
imo, speculation.

BINGO

Long Island Press editor-in-chief Timothy Bolger, as well as digital editor Michael Malaszczyk, won Second Place in the Best News or Feature Series category for their three-story package on the Gilgo Beach investigation throughout 2023. Bolger has been with the Press since 2003, while Malaszczyk joined in 2023. One story in the package, written by Bolger discussed how alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann lived very close to the Nassau County Police Academy. Another, also by Bolger, discussed if “Fire Island Jane Doe” Karen Vergata had last been seen at Heuermann’s house. A story by Malaszczyk analyzed every murder – both on Long Island and nationwide – that Heuermann has been potentially linked to, either by news media or investigating authorities.

Gilgo Beach Serial Killer Suspect Rex Heuermann Lived Near Nassau Police Academy

Gilgo Beach Murders: Which Killings Are Rex Heuermann Accused Of?

Was Fire Island Jane Doe Karen Vergata Last Seen at Gilgo Beach Serial Killer Suspect Rex Heuermann’s House?

Congratulations to both journalists on their great work. The Long Island Press has been an excellent news source while following this story. Their coverage is very thorough.

If you've organized a large-scale search involving multiple agencies and cadaver dogs from other jurisdictions, then it would make sense to cover all bases by searching the scene of a somewhat-related unsolved murder. I say somewhat-related because there is a pretty good chance that Rex's lawyer will attempt to insinuate that Bittrolff is responsible for the Gilgo Beach killings. They may have also wanted to rule out Rex in Costillo's case, even though Bittrolff is the main suspect. If they had already setup an operation to search multiple sites in Manorville over the course of a week, then sending a team up to Southampton would have made sense (financially and operationally). Part of me thinks that this search was carried out in case Rex had also dumped the partial remains of Peaches (skull missing) or Vergata (torso missing) in Manorville.

Please continue the discussion on Thread #11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny