Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Suspected Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann will be charged with another murder this week, per several reports.

Heuermann, 60, is expected to appear in court in Riverhead on Thursday for his arraignment, according to Newsday.

It comes after investigators connected to the Gilgo Beach cases began searching a wooded area in Manorville, New York, in April.'

I wondered previously about the house. Can the victim's families of RH sue his estate for the proceeds if it does indeed go up for sale? Or is it strictly EA's property?

I still think it needs to be torn down to the ground. It gives off evil vibes to me. :oops:

JMO
RH owes tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars between federal/state income taxes and local property taxes.

The Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect owed hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes and was litigious, filing numerous lawsuits against motorists

Idk NY law but typically the government can take possession of a property and sell at auction for unpaid taxes. That of course would have to be litigated.

During the 2023 search the town talked about buying the property and were already taking legal steps to do so.

Town looking to buy Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann’s home, which has become a magnet for gawkers

MOO… but nothing will happen with this house for a while… at least not until the criminal case is done. Not a lawyer but it looks like NY statute of limitations on a wrongful death suit is 2 years, based on my unprofessional opinion I don’t think the families will have legal standing to sue. I’d imagine the state/town will strong arm AE into accepting some low ball offer or fight it in court where she will probably loose the house anyways.

If he IS charged with one of the cases involving dismemberment, it's big, it's really big. Because if he did one and they have proof, then there is a high likelihood he did the others. Karen, Peaches and her baby, Jessica, Valerie. I think he killed Asian Doe, too, they're grouped too closely with the GB4 - both physically and chronologically - to be unconnected.

MOO

If he IS charged with one of the cases involving dismemberment, it's big, it's really big. Because if he did one and they have proof, then there is a high likelihood he did the others. Karen, Peaches and her baby, Jessica, Valerie. I think he killed Asian Doe, too, they're grouped too closely with the GB4 - both physically and chronologically - to be unconnected.

MOO
This is def big. I think the G4 are similar enough nobody doubted they were killed by the same person. All the other victims, anything else, those cases are just different in a fundamental way.

Last edited:
This is def big. I think the G4 are similar enough nobody doubted they were killed by the same person. All the other victims, anything else, is just different in a fundamental way.
I’d implore everyone to watch the 2010 “BluChip Marketing” series of interviews with then Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer on YouTube. Lots of insight and specific details that aren’t referenced much elsewhere, don’t have the time right now to figure out which episode it’s referenced, but police and FBI thought it was 1 killer from the very start (or at least that it was statistically improbable that 2 killers used that same area for a dump site, can’t remember the exact wording).

RH owes tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars between federal/state income taxes and local property taxes.

The Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect owed hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes and was litigious, filing numerous lawsuits against motorists
Not a lawyer but it looks like NY statute of limitations on a wrongful death suit is 2 years, based on my unprofessional opinion I don’t think the families will have legal standing to sue. I’d imagine the state/town will strong arm AE into accepting some low ball offer or fight it in court where she will probably loose the house anyways.
Not a lawyer either, but isn't timing on filing normally tied to say the arrest when the murderer is unknown before? Might they not have two years to bring suit after his arrest or even after his conviction?

I’d implore everyone to watch the 2010 “BluChip Marketing” series of interviews with then Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer on YouTube. Lots of insight and specific details that aren’t referenced much elsewhere, don’t have the time right now to figure out which episode it’s referenced, but police and FBI thought it was 1 killer from the very start (or at least that it was statistically improbable that 2 killers used that same area for a dump site, can’t remember the exact wording).
Thank you for this! I had forgotten about these interviews. It will be interesting to revisit those at this point in time.

MOO
Agree, RH could have switched up methods and dump sites to throw LE off or because he evolved into a more horrific need (dismemberment) for satisfaction.

These poor victims, how incredibly sad for them and the families and how could it have taken so long to get to where we are today? :(

JMO

It has always been highly likely that one killer was involved. Not just because they used the same dumping ground, but because of the victim profiles, where the killer hunted for victims, the use of bindings on both groups, the timeline, etc. Just glad we (well, most people) can move on from that aspect now.

MOO

Would you know if there's been another SK who used more than one MO?

Agree, RH could have switched up methods and dump sites to throw LE off or because he evolved into a more horrific need (dismemberment) for satisfaction.

These poor victims, how incredibly sad for them and the families and how could it have taken so long to get to where we are today? :(

JMO
The dismembered victims were earlier.

My personal theory is that he dismembered not for satisfaction, but to hinder identification and for ease of transportation.

By the mid '00s, everyone had seen CSI and knew that removing head, hands and tattoos wasn't enough any more. DNA was faster and cheaper to test, and LE weren't just doing it on big cases any more, but would use it on cases with victims who did sex work.

RH had also bought a vehicle with a tray bed with a hard cover. His victims were often around five feet and a hundred pounds or less. He didn't have to cut them up to move them in that vehicle.

So from Maureen (or Asian Doe) onwards, he just moved the bodies whole rather than cutting them up and scattering them. The serial killer equivalent of work smarter, not harder.

MOO

It has always been highly likely that one killer was involved. Not just because they used the same dumping ground, but because of the victim profiles, where the killer hunted for victims, the use of bindings on both groups, the timeline, etc. Just glad we (well, most people) can move on from that aspect now.
Yeah. But that has not been the official stance. At all. That would have to change if this rumor is in fact true.

Would you know if there's been another SK who used more than one MO?
Yep, plenty. Bundy both strangled and bludgeoned, dismembered some but not others. His last victim he killed with a knife. Gacy buried some, threw others into a river later in his series. Dahmer killed by various methods I won't go into, because if you don't know, you don't want to know, trust me. HH Holmes was particularly variant in his killing and disposal methods. Sutcliffe used bludgeoning, stabbing, strangling, and suffocation, and concealed some victims, left others in the open, posed some elaborately, left others where they fell. I could go on.

MOO

This might not be the right one as it is from 2014, but discussion concerning changing MO's and dismemberment have not finished watching, but interesting so far..
'Feb 10, 2014
LI Patriot & Blu Chip Marketing produces local shows to discuss local businesses and topics: Gilgo Beach Series - Show #7. Former Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer is invited to the set by Host Michael Blangiforti. Today's show talks about the profile of the potential killer.'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member