Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope others take you up on that suggestion, because I think there could really be a " there" there. Unfortunately, I can't do it because I would have to do too much catching up on just the basics of that culture in order to try to offer anything of value wrt to this case. What I could possibly do is put the call out to other WSers in other threads who do have knowledge of gunclubs in general. I'm sure they would be happy to offer their thoughts. Would that be helpful ?
the people who I know who are involved are mostly first responders/ex military peeps and are real salt of the earth types. the gun thing obviously has a stigma, but there's plenty of nice, normal people who enjoy shooting and gun ownership/competitions. I can also say from first hand experience that many people who work(ed) in law enforcement in the general area have been invested in this case from day one and want it solved. however, due to the stigma I mentioned before and overall security precautions related to owning multiple firearms, many "regulat" people that do this stuff choose not to share their participation online in a public forum. it's rare to find a tagged picture or a rundown list of who competed. I'm mining the details on my breaks at work, but I'll keep ya posted. thanks for the help!

I wondered if Jesperson wrote to an intermediary. Huermann's complementary close makes it sound almost like someone else was involved with the correspondence.
That makes 100% sense. I was pen pals with a convict in Texas and one of his friends, if you will, wrote to me and it sounded like he was writing in code about gangs. It felt wrong. I never responded.

If you are right that is creepy. To think of SK'S being pen pals chatting about their shared hobbies and life in prison ....YUCK.

on another note, I've also been thinking about all of those no fault/insurance law suits and injuries from 2017-ish that RH was in. the nys court system took down the case files online. RH reported multiple injuries, including a shoulder, a hip, and a hernia if I recall. I'm curious to know when he got hurt, or at least documented it. it's probably going to be opposite sides of the body (left shoulder/right hip/some sort of abdominal/inguinal hernia) with the shoulder being the first injury. I won't bore everyone with the kinesthetic significance, but a lot of the time you get those injuries from awkwardly pulling something towards you and tossing (think shoveling snow). maybe he wrote the line about hitting them harder because he got injured....

if anyone can get eyes on those documents or know where they are, I'd appreciate the lede

Rex is technically not a prisoner. He is someone accused of a crime and he's in jail awaiting trial.

The other guy, though, is a prisoner.

jmo
Right. So as a non prisoner he's allowed advice from someone convicted of the same kinds of crimes? Heinous crimes. No matter how I look at that it still seems wrong.

But thanks for the correction.

He's perhaps happy to finally be getting "the respect" he feels he deserves, basking in the notoriety. Someone here on WS mentioned thinking he appeared "proud" in court today. (I think "proud" was the word used.) Finally the world is getting to look at his "work", he may be thinking. I've always thought he'd insist on going to trial. Now, I'm wondering if his ego might need credit for his superiority in the SK field.

Good analysis, and I agree.

I'm not particularly interested in or knowledgable about SKs, but remember reading some years ago K Ramsland's book about Dennis Rader, and the fussy, bureaucratic, horrific precision of his fantasies and prep (not always successful) seems to be part of RH also. Both seem to be living exponents of the raw, plodding banality of evil.

The anticipation phase prior to each crime seems to have been rather long and complex for RH, and these detailed practices of "assessment, evaluation and continuous improvement" are on-brand for the man and his professional self and deeply troubling. Very glad that this investigation looks set to continue.

This has confirmed that at least one of the Hoarders in that red house is RH. The key-cards, phones could have easy been destroyed and disposed (smashed up and chucked in to ocean, sewers, out anywhere along his commute.)
Sure, maybe he wanted to keep things as reminders, but his inability to dispose of anything (other than pizza crust) indicates, IMO, that he is person who drives the household hoarding - driven by desire to keep control of DNA and evidence, but overall another way to control his family & home.
Where in the heck to you store 27 computers? The older computers had large towers.

It's part of the fantasy mechanism that is part of the build up.

He's making it more real by writing it, making it all in sharper focus.

(Not a serial killer, just an occasional writer, for my sins.)

MOO

Yea, he also has to wait a significant period in between kills. He needs something to keep him occupied. Those camera recons were part of it too. We know from his search history that he was also likely engaging in consensual BDSM with sex workers. I still have a sneaking suspicion that he wrote this little checklist with a fictional audience in mind.

I get it now. Thanks. He put plastic up on all the walls to prevent blood splatter. Still, I find it hard to believe LE didn't find any blood or DNA anywhere in that basement! Even with plastic up, there's the ceiling, the floor, the walls, the furniture. Was his kill room in the main part of the basement or was there a different room. I haven't found anything specific about this. MOO.
Does the basement have water or did he use the family’s bathroom to wash the victims he murdered? Wasn't it stated that he remodeled the bathroom?

He must have had a big switch to his M/O starting 2002.
He references old notes in his "Recon Reports" where he lists the old count of cameras along the LIE and Southern State. He then further makes a note to follow up and count at the pick up area.

I wonder if he ever did get his hands on the lime and acid.
OR there are more documents on some of the devices LE has not yet been able to get into due to encryption issues like Ray Tierney mentioned. There has to be more. MOO

I still believe Shannan was murdered, but not by RH. I have no idea who did it but I don't believe she drowned with no pants on.
well we always have PH, but I think someone was stalking her out there and chasing her around in a pick up truck. is it possible that Rex was calling her? calling her John? interfering with her and playing games?

Hunting her? not wanting to be seen in an area too many times..wanting to be rested and not wanting to have to hit too many times to take down his victim. wanting to be energized for his "hunt".

YES. I believe the cab driver who said she saw Shannen come out of a motel room when she picked up Hauermann one night , and he wanted to go out to the woods and showed her a gun.

I believe he chased Shannen into the swampy area and strangled her there out of anger and left her there. As people were out looking for her and he knew he could not drag her out of there unseen. I don't think he placed her there..I think he pulled her pants off, I think he attacked her maybe more than once with her escaping him deeper into the marsh area. I would be interested to know where AE was at the time all this happened. mOO

Last edited:
It is not in the court document, but Ray Tierney mentioned the following towards the end of his press conference:

58 Hard Drives
27 Computers
46 cell phones
16 cameras
9 wi-fi routers
17 tablets
42 USB drives
8 laptops
I was about to say maybe there was confusion between types of electronics, but nope! Hard drives and laptops are clearly delineated from computers.

I cleared up CS's "health situation" with a quote from his mother Asa because you questioned the lawyers who were trying to get sympathy for Asa/family .

Forest_Wood said:
It’s hard to say. If I recall, it was AEs lawyer who first promoted her son’s health situation, at the same time he was soliciting sympathy and money for her after RH was arrested. We can’t know how capable he may be based on the statements of these two lawyers but we do know they’re adults, not children. MOO

"My children cry themselves to sleep. I mean, they’re not children. They’re grown adults but they’re my children, and my son has developmental disabilities and he cried himself to sleep.”

I cleared up CS's "health situation" with a quote from his mother Asa because you questioned the lawyers who were trying to get sympathy for Asa/family .

Forest_Wood said:
It’s hard to say. If I recall, it was AEs lawyer who first promoted her son’s health situation, at the same time he was soliciting sympathy and money for her after RH was arrested. We can’t know how capable he may be based on the statements of these two lawyers but we do know they’re adults, not children. MOO

"My children cry themselves to sleep. I mean, they’re not children. They’re grown adults but they’re my children, and my son has developmental disabilities and he cried himself to sleep.”
Well it’s the adult children’s lawyer who is saying they can make their own decisions about the trial so you can take from that what you will. Personally I take nothing said by their mother as truth at this point. MOO

August 11,2023

'Attorney for Gilgo Beach suspect’s family: There is no 'sex dungeon'​

"A sound-proof room. Everybody reported that. That is not true," Macedonio insisted. "So everybody ran with that story that he had this sex dungeon downstairs in his house, this soundproof room where he was bringing prostitutes and murdering them and burying them on Gilgo Beach. There is no sound-proof room in that house."

But one could transform a basement room into one and dismantle it quickly, especially when given time, one week, a month or long weekend his family was away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member