Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. And the reason I asked is because if he doesn't represent the families of any of the victims for which RH is charged, than these signed affidavits have zero legal value, because John Ray can't present them during the trial.

At least, that's my understanding of how the legal process works.
I am on the fence about the testimonies he has gathered, but I don't think the purpose was for them to be used in court, but more as tips for LE. The info can be followed up by investigators, and what investigators glean can then be used on court (or not, if the info is invalid or unrelated).

I also think they might have been used to get others who might have info to come forward.

jmopinion

Jun 10, 2024 rbbm
"Heuermann may seem unique and interesting but there have been many before him who have written blueprints for their crimes and enacted those plans," Enzo Yaksic, who runs the Atypical Homicide Research Group, told Newsweek. "Sexual serial murderers are thankfully dwindling in number as the modern-day serial murderer is much different than their Golden Age (1970-2000) counterparts, as they are motivated by anger and use firearms to kill."
"I'm wondering if and why murder became a problem-solving tool for him," Dr. Robert Schug, a forensic psychologist and criminology professor, told Newsweek. "That's generally what is happening with the repeat murderers. The homicidal behavior is solving some function in their lives."
'Jun 10, 2024 #RexHeuermann #GilgoBeach #crime
Rex Heuermann, the man already suspected in the deaths of four women found near Long Island’s Gilgo Beach, was charged in the murders of two more women Thursday during his latest court appearance. John Ray, attorney for the family of Jessica Taylor, one of the victims, discusses how the new evidence law enforcement found highlights what he says is a "demonic" episode Heuermann went through.'
The female reporter opens with JR being the lawyer "Jessica Taylor" and some of the families then @ 2:00 JR says he's the lawyer for "Gilbert" and a few of the victims who survived RH and lived to tell it.
So just as Gloris Allred said at the presser she is the only one representing victims of RH.

I am on the fence about the testimonies he has gathered, but I don't think the purpose was for them to be used in court, but more as tips for LE. The info can be followed up by investigators, and what investigators glean can then be used on court (or not, if the info is invalid or unrelated).

I also think they might have been used to get others who might have info to come forward.

jmopinion
I would be shocked if the task force was actively working with John Ray. According to Tierney, they aren't. Why Rodney Harrison made the decision to do that press conference with John Ray is just beyond me.

But that's just me.

The date is an important date too, most pregnant girlfriends would remember if their finance forgot Valentine's Day or were "too busy" with work or out of town on business.
Good thinking, I never thought of that aspect.
If RH is responsible for the torturous death of Karen and AE was in town and/or living with him my thoughts go to what is his mind-set after the fact?
IIRC: I've read that serial killers are known to go into some kind of depressions after murdering?

Post #1095 "dotr"

In NewsNation video done after RH's latest charges Ray says he represents Gilbert and a few of RH's victims who survived.

Yes, a little confusing. Maybe they are both working on it. IDK. Obviously, JR is more familiar with the case.

I would be shocked if the task force was actively working with John Ray. According to Tierney, they aren't. Why Rodney Harrison made the decision to do that press conference with John Ray is just beyond me.

But that's just me.
John Ray had said that Harrison interviewed the taxi driver and 2 detectives interviewed LP the woman who claims she and ex-narc NYC boyfriend went to RH's house with Karen.

I would assume then that Harrison didn't discredit all or most of these 2 women's claims or he wouldn't have stood by JR during that presser.

Good thinking, I never thought of that aspect.
If RH is responsible for the torturous death of Karen and AE was in town and/or living with him my thoughts go to what is his mind-set after the fact?
IIRC: I've read that serial killers are known to go into some kind of depressions after murdering?

Also, was the daughter born in 1996 or 1997? If she is indeed 27 years old...this tracks.
If not still most girlfriends would know right away if their significant other "forgot" or missed Valentine's Day! It can cause arguments, and resentment just not good at all.
A pregnant girlfriend could have caused him stress. It was a possible trigger?

Yes, a little confusing. Maybe they are both working on it. IDK. Obviously, JR is more familiar with the case.

Allred made it VERY clear in the press conference that that is NOT the case. In fact, I would say that she "pointedly" made that clear.

But that's just me.
My gut reaction is those testimonies are bunk....but Rodney Harrison being at the press conference gives the impression they hold some weight. It baffles me too.

jmo

My gut reaction is those testimonies are bunk....but Rodney Harrison being at the press conference gives the impression they hold some weight. It baffles me too.

jmo
Particularly since Harrison himself admitted during this press conference that the task force was still actively trying to vet the information. That just made my jaw drop.

jmopinion
I do give LP the affidavit g'friend some credence for giving JR and detectives the name of her ex-boyfriend who JR said was spoken to and his known past lined up with what LP said they did together (as swingers).
He could have denied everything which may have put the kibosh on LP's claims and investigating them further?

Jun 10, 2024 rbbm
"Heuermann may seem unique and interesting but there have been many before him who have written blueprints for their crimes and enacted those plans," Enzo Yaksic, who runs the Atypical Homicide Research Group, told Newsweek. "Sexual serial murderers are thankfully dwindling in number as the modern-day serial murderer is much different than their Golden Age (1970-2000) counterparts, as they are motivated by anger and use firearms to kill."
"I'm wondering if and why murder became a problem-solving tool for him," Dr. Robert Schug, a forensic psychologist and criminology professor, told Newsweek. "That's generally what is happening with the repeat murderers. The homicidal behavior is solving some function in their lives."
'Jun 10, 2024 #RexHeuermann #GilgoBeach #crime
Rex Heuermann, the man already suspected in the deaths of four women found near Long Island’s Gilgo Beach, was charged in the murders of two more women Thursday during his latest court appearance. John Ray, attorney for the family of Jessica Taylor, one of the victims, discusses how the new evidence law enforcement found highlights what he says is a "demonic" episode Heuermann went through.'

JR makes a good point about how these long term serial killers like RH do what they do for so long it makes them "demonic", inhuman, in how they view their victims and the process of killing them and that it affects the killer's world, including those around him. He also said he has some new information he will be revealing soon.

Also, was the daughter born in 1996 or 1997? If she is indeed 27 years old...this tracks.
If not still most girlfriends would know right away if their significant other "forgot" or missed Valentine's Day! It can cause arguments, and resentment just not good at all.
A pregnant girlfriend could have caused him stress. It was a possible trigger?
They were married sometime in April 1996 and VH was born in October 1996.
When RH was arrested on July 13, 2023 daughter VH was reported as being 26, she's now reported as being 27 yrs old.

Last edited:
Well that is probably the best reason of all to have an Avalanche!!!!
Have always known that truck's important in his deeds, but if what is implied in that disgusting "HK" thing is true, that would take far more space than any vehicle could provide, other than like a larger box truck or semi. He clearly switches things around quite a bit on murderous missions, so the truck may still be itself a murder scene in some cases. But if that HK doc is to be relied on, would think it implies more vertical space than any more conventional vehicle is going to give.
JR makes a good point about how these long term serial killers like RH do what they do for so long it makes them "demonic", inhuman, in how they view their victims and the process of killing them and that it affects the killer's world, including those around him. He also said he has some new information he will be revealing soon.
Totally agreed, but it's usually going to be a very secret, very private world, I would think. One without spoken words. That's why this HK document of his really worries me. It's got a matter-of-fact conversational quality to it that suggests his world may not have been as private as one would expect. it's like a murderer's "notes to self." Which makes me fear there were actual words to others.

Last edited:
I have never before heard the detail of the victims being sodomized nor the ID in his car. Is there a source for this?
The details were in the court files (they're not online, you have to access them physically). I feel as though the media did a poor job of covering JB's case. Only Newsday mentioned the DNA under Tangredi's nails, and that was in one article behind a paywall. JB's former coworker saw that he had been arrested for the murders. He recognised McNamee's photograph. SCPD flew a detective down south to interview him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader