Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be on Netflix soon enough, imo.
“Very beautiful and very challenging.” Those are the first two words that director Stefano Sollima uses to describe his upcoming, four-part NetflixIl Mostro, which has just finished filming''
Better to not open a chapter on this haha sorry if I insist but I would focus on the question... ability to search for people from RH (see also your colleague intercepted with a letter on a cruise...) or exchanges of information between a circle of people ...see the 2 JB or who knows who else...

another thing that leaves me thinking a lot is the statement of that SW of the party who states that when RH entered the room the climate changed for the other men...
Should I post the link to this?

Snippets from lengthy article..
Jun 11, 2024
''Investigators are looking into unsolved murder cases nationwide as a possible connection to the Manhattan architect charged with the Gilgo Beach serial killings.''

''Heuermann's brother lives in Chester in South Carolina.
Police in South Carolina are looking into the 2014 disappearance of 18-year-old Aaliyah Bell.''
''Bell disappeared days before Thanksgiving after leaving her uncle's home in Rock Hill, which is about 20 miles from Heuermann's lots. She never made it back to the house, where she was living with her godmother''

''One case in particular is eerily similar to the Gilgo Beach killings.''
''A 19-year-old sex worker, Jodi Marie Brewer, went missing from the Harbor Island Club Apartments. The apartment is slightly over four miles from Heuermann's condominium.
Her torso was discovered wrapped in plastic and cloth two weeks later near the California-Nevada border.''
1718201674157.png
Alicia Showalter Reynolds, a 25-year-old PhD student at Johns Hopkins, was driving to Charlottesville, Virginia on March 2, 1996. She was going to meet her mother to buy dresses for her brother's upcoming wedding.

Alicia Showalter Reynolds

Alicia Showalter Reynolds was murdered. VIRGINIA STATE POLICE
Reynolds never made it. Her car was found abandoned 50 miles from the mall Reynolds was meeting her mother at.''

O/T (I guess, sorry!)

Last night I did a quick google for unsolved murders near Camp Smith/Peekskill NY. The case of Sabrina Rosa came up within a news report. It doesn't seem as if RH was the culprit in Rosa's murder even if he was in the area (which we have NO evidence he was there in 2009). However, one of the most interesting things I learned was that...

"The VA hospital in Montrose has a sprawling, 184-acre campus with a mix of residential and walk-in facilities. Not all who live on the grounds are veterans; many are recently released prisoners from the maximum-security Sing Sing Correctional Facility in nearby Ossining. When Sabrina’s body was found behind vacant Building 11, the rumors started flying. More than six years later, they’re still flying."

Why were/are released prisoners from max-security living on VA Hospital grounds?!? Is this still happening?? Does it happen at other VA Hospitals??! Am I the only one who didn't realize this??

ETA: Sabrina's case begins about mid-way on page.

On the calendar excerpt from RH's Palm Pilot, there is also a notation for 5-6 pm on Monday, July 21, 2003 about a "PPC Match" (Police Pistol Combat) but does not indicate where.

From page 14 of the June 6, 2024 Superseding Bail Application document:
View attachment 509600

When I first read this, it looked like the state laying out its trial strategy for Taylor's murder. It's all part of a pattern of his activities, combined with other very relevant circumstantial evidence. Add in the DNA and its complete.

RH and his attorneys must be very discouraged since this latest evidence drop.

But the height. RH is just unmistakable by his height.

Interestingly the witnesses did see a tall man.

I think it might be significant they note he was tall. That sets the man apart from average or a bit taller making the man seen rarer in the general population?

>>
The student’s sister said several witnesses had seen a tall white man in the area, and a couple of sketches were later made.
>>
https://pix11.com/news/suspect-sket...ike-accused-gilgo-killer-victims-family-says/

Rex participating in gun club activities near Manorville, around the time of GB4 murders.

MOO

RH wasn’t as ogre-y when he was younger, imo.

Picture at: 32 on Ruminations link

Sure looks like RH!

The sketch at: 31 in the video

https://pix11.com/news/suspect-sket...ike-accused-gilgo-killer-victims-family-says/

all imo

Hi everyone, I'm new but I've been reading above for years and I've been following the case for just as many years...
I apologize for my English, I'm from Italy!
My intervention here because I haven't read anything about it and I apologize if I missed it but I saw a video in which they compare RH's voice with that of a other person who made a phone call to Joshua Zeman and Rachel during KS where it actually sounds like RH himself while trying to deflect their investigation.
Now I wonder... how did he know they were making the documentary... some tip from someone who was interviewed?

Welcome to Websleuths @TOMBISHOP !

Has any medication RH was prescribed mentioned by LE or is that a no-no due to Hipaa?
He had an entry for an appointment with a Urologist on July 16,2003, 4 days before AE had gone on the 20th to Vermont.
ED medication comes to mind. (scream)

1718203560538.png
Here's the sketch.

Here's the newly seen pictures of a younger RH.
The redness RH often has seems indicated in the sketch around the nose?

RH has a sort of narrow inner face in some pictures then in others his jowls make his face look wider.
The hair and hairline complete with the straggly side bangs seems consistent with RH?

imo

Regarding the BELT with the initial stamped on it. Was it his father's or grandfather's belt and if so was it used to punish him as a child?
I don't expect anyone to know the answer. Curious if this is a significant triggering item.

Regarding the BELT with the initial stamped on it. Was it his father's or grandfather's belt and if so was it used to punish him as a child?
I don't expect anyone to know the answer. Curious if this is a significant triggering item.
Grandfather. I know it was dug over some time ago in the threads, but I'm not sure when, so here's an article from the Post.

No idea if it had a significance for him or was just a belt he didn't use that was convenient for typing up a body, or as a murder weapon.

MOO

ok, Did I miss something Who the heck is DEREK? A close friend? Or his alter ego?
I don’t think we know WHO Derek is or even if he is an invention to explain away RH’s absence or activities.

The name Derek is noted twice in the calendar excerpt from RH’s Palm Pilot included as page 14 of the June 6, 2024 Bail Application. One note Wednesday, July 16, 2003 references picking up “Derek at 6 am for airport” and the other on Sunday, July 27, 2003 references Derek coming to house between 10 to 11 am to cut 6x6 post on band saw. The calendar entry immediately after - from 12 to 1 pm - is “Camp Smith Match.”

Jessica went missing in the days between those two dates.

AE was in Vermont for the last week of that time period.

Could the mention of Derek’s presence at the house on the 27th have been to explain away the sounds of the operation of the band saw in case a neighbor later mentioned it to AE when she returned from Vermont? And the earlier 6 am notation have been to explain away RH’s early morning absence from home and his need to drive his vehicle that day? That is, is “Derek” used to create cover stories?

ETA: Just noticed that the calendar excerpt included with the Superceded Bail Application was printed 12/26/2023 at 3:19 pm. So, while many of us were tucked into the heart of our families enjoying our Christmas holiday, some LE officer or agent was hard at work investigating these horrendous crimes. God bless them.

Last edited:
Grandfather. I know it was dug over some time ago in the threads, but I'm not sure when, so here's an article from the Post.

No idea if it had a significance for him or was just a belt he didn't use that was convenient for typing up a body, or as a murder weapon.

MOO

Thank you!
WH=William Heuermann on the belt.

When reading about the Happy Face Killer to whom he corresponded his Wikipedia page mentions his father beat him with a belt.
Curious if abuse was ever mentioned regarding RH's childhood, esp. from his own father.

WH was the grandfather. TH was his father.
Who knows if the belt was anything more than just a belt to RH, one of three belts that HR used to tie up his victim.

"The belt — first teased as a possible clue in 2020 — was one of three used to tie 25-year-old Brainard-Barnes’ feet, ankles and legs together, Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney told Newsday on Thursday.

“Yes, there was ‘WH’ or ‘HM’ on the belt. The last name is Heuermann. There are ancestors with WH, so assign to that what you will,” Tierney said.

Distinctive initialed belt used to bind Gilgo Beach victim ...​

New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/08/04 › gilgo-beach-victim-...

https://nypost.com/2023/08/04/gilgo-beach-victim-was-bound-with-distinctive-wh-or-hm-belt/
Aug 4, 2023 — The belt may tie Maureen Brainard-Barnes, who vanished in 2007, to suspect Rex Heuermann.

WH was the grandfather. TH was his father.
Who knows if the belt was anything more than just a belt to RH, one of three belts that HR used to tie up his victim.

"The belt — first teased as a possible clue in 2020 — was one of three used to tie 25-year-old Brainard-Barnes’ feet, ankles and legs together, Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney told Newsday on Thursday.

“Yes, there was ‘WH’ or ‘HM’ on the belt. The last name is Heuermann. There are ancestors with WH, so assign to that what you will,” Tierney said.

Distinctive initialed belt used to bind Gilgo Beach victim ...

New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/08/04 › gilgo-beach-victim-...

Distinctive initialed belt used to bind Gilgo Beach victim could match Rex Heuermann relatives
Aug 4, 2023 — The belt may tie Maureen Brainard-Barnes, who vanished in 2007, to suspect Rex Heuermann.

I feel the use of this belt is significant.
It looks like the initials were carved by hand.

View attachment 509760
Here's the sketch.

Here's the newly seen pictures of a younger RH.
The redness RH often has seems indicated in the sketch around the nose?

RH has a sort of narrow inner face in some pictures then in others his jowls make his face look wider.
The hair and hairline complete with the straggly side bangs seems consistent with RH?

imo
It looks like he was pretty obese in those pictures. I guess the witness might have missed that fact if he was seated in a vehicle?

That old phrase that’s been mentioned about him before also comes to mind:

“The banality of evil”

I don’t think we know WHO Derek is or even if he is an invention to explain away RH’s absence or activities.

The name Derek is noted twice in the calendar excerpt from RH’s Palm Pilot included as page 14 of the June 6, 2024 Bail Application. One note Wednesday, July 16, 2003 references picking up “Derek at 6 am for airport” and the other on Sunday, July 27, 2003 references Derek coming to house between 10 to 11 am to cut 6x6 post on band saw. The calendar entry immediately after - from 12 to 1 pm - is “Camp Smith Match.”

Could the mention of Derek’s presence at the house on the 27th have been to explain away the sounds of the operation of the band saw in case a neighbor later mentioned it to AE when she returned from Vermont? And the earlier 6 am notation have been to explain away RH’s early morning absence from home and his need to drive his vehicle that day? That is, is “Derek” used to create cover stories?

ETA: Just noticed that the calendar excerpt included with the Superceded Bail Application was printed 12/26/2023 at 3:19 pm. So, while many of us were tucked into the heart of our families enjoying our Christmas holiday, some LE officer or agent was hard at work investigating these horrendous crimes. God bless them.
Or there really is a Derek and he wanted his fingerprints on the saw, ugh!

BBM:
Beautifully said and a well needed reminder.

I feel the use of this belt is significant.
It looks like the initials were carved by hand.
I wonder if he used this specifically to give a clue to LE as a way of taunting them?
I also wonder if AE ever saw the news reports on this belt and the picture of it in 2020, if she recognized it at all or was even slightly suspicious.

Interestingly the witnesses did see a tall man.

I think it might be significant they note he was tall. That sets the man apart from average or a bit taller making the man seen rarer in the general population?

>>
The student’s sister said several witnesses had seen a tall white man in the area, and a couple of sketches were later made.
>>

RH wasn’t as ogre-y when he was younger, imo.

Picture at: 32 on Ruminations link

Sure looks like RH!

The sketch at: 31 in the video

all imo
I'm having such trouble finding that sketch. But the embedded articles in the SC articles are pretty amazing.

SC is really bubbling, isn't ?
I really hope LE says something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members