Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

1989 article: "Hard drugs -- heroin and cocaine -- bring outsiders to Weld Square at all hours of the day or night."
Article continues: "Pushers and their runners sell. Users buy. Prostitutes sell their bodies to feed the heroin habits that consume them....That vicious drug-and-prostitution cycle, common to gritty neighborhoods in most cities, brought someone else to Weld Square -- a serial killer investigators believe has slain at least eight women in the past 13 months."

We want more info about RH's whereabouts from the time he graduated from Berner to the time he married. It's a big blind spot.
April 1, 1989
"WESTPORT, Mass. -- Investigators pleaded for the author of an anonymous letter to come forward after his written instructions led to the discovery of the eighth victim of an apparent serial killer.

The body of a young woman was discovered Friday along Route 88 in Westport, nine months after Bristol County investigators first began finding the bodies of women from the New Bedford area dumped alongside the region's highways.

Bristol County District Attorney Ronald Pina said his office received an anonymous letter two weeks ago from a person who said he might have witnessed one of the killings and predicting a body would be found along Route 88.

'The person who sent the letter said they had information and had seen what they believed to be a person who may have been doing these killings,' Pina said. 'I don't know if that is accurate, but what they did say is if we found a body on (Route) 88 then that would confirm their story.'

'The letter was explicit,' Pina said.

'We have never had a body on Route 88 before in these cases,' he said. 'It sounded very good but it didn't fit. Now it fits, and the person said if it fit, they would come forward."

cont:

Am I the only one who never noticed that sturdy frame that could be built with 6x6's?

Pic on the right.

It's very disturbing, after the most recent charge/bail documents.

If you scroll down the text, you can find the whole picture, and the eerie frame in the backyard is not blocked by the "play" button.

MOO
So you think hiding in plain sight

For refreshing:

2. Address History.
(1) 103 Main St, Trailer #4, North Reading, MA 01864
(2) 105 1st Ave, Massapequa Park, NY 11762
(3) 108 1st Ave, Massapequa Park, NY 11762
(4) 1366 Huron Rd, North Brunswick, NJ 08902
(5) 824 W Osborn Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013
(6) 1427 Main St, West Warwick, RI 02893
(7) 7428 Beechwood Ave, Beverly Hills, MI 48025
(8) 87 Columbia St, New York, NY 10002
(9) 36 Ridgewood Way, Burlington, NJ 08016
(10) 5499 W Tropicana Avenue, #1012, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89103

Have seen pictures of the North Reading trailer, it's like a mobile home in a trailer park. West Warwick RI looks like a duplex rental unit.

Speculation: Purely a guess that for a 1990 wedding, RH courted the first spouse starting in about 1988 (this is purely a guess). So I think RH wants distance, he wants the "relationship" more for show and convenience than anything else. He might actually be trying at that time to create distance between himself and his new wife-to-be, a built-in excuse for limited time to spend with her. I doubt he'd have minded the idea at all of being called off for goodness-knows-what "elsewhere." In fact, he may have sought out such opportunities. I'm sure there were plenty of hunting trips at the very least.

In the second marriage, AE went on quite a few vacations. I don't think that was any accident, I think he wanted her out of the way as much as possible. Same pattern probably all along with spouses and partners, and running right through the relationship from beginning to end. Purely speculation.

bbm
Any spelling mistakes by any chance? ;)
“Later, authorities learned that an anonymous writer had sent similar handwritten letters to two other cold case victims’ family members in 2000 and 2001, which prompted the FBI to get involved. The first letter, which was full of misspellings, centered on a 1987 case from Pennsylvania. The second, which was also full of mistakes, focused on a 1984 disappearance in Florida.”

Found here on WS. Post #143

Speculation: Purely a guess that for a 1990 wedding, RH courted the first spouse starting in about 1988 (this is purely a guess). So I think RH wants distance, he wants the "relationship" more for show and convenience than anything else. He might actually be trying at that time to create distance between himself and his new wife-to-be, a built-in excuse for limited time to spend with her. I doubt he'd have minded the idea at all of being called off for goodness-knows-what "elsewhere." In fact, he may have sought out such opportunities. I'm sure there were plenty of hunting trips at the very least.

In the second marriage, AE went on quite a few vacations. I don't think that was any accident, I think he wanted her out of the way as much as possible. Same pattern probably all along with spouses and partners, and running right through the relationship from beginning to end. Purely speculation.
Hunting along w checking on any of the many properties as a excuse possibly...

Repost, snippets from lengthy article to keep places where RH worked in mind.
BY DAN ADLER AUGUST 7, 2023 rbbm
''He founded his firm, RH Consultants & Associates, in 1994. RH worked on a Target in SoHo, a Foot Locker near Yankee Stadium, and a hair salon in the Meatpacking District, among other buildings.''

''His expertise was in expediting projects through arcane city building codes rather than in architectural design. Ginia Bellafante, writing for The New York Times, examined how Heuermann exerted influence in the tonier townhouses of Brooklyn, where architects of more visible prestige would need his help shepherding through their wealthy clients’ renovations. “As a journeyman who held bureaucratic authority,” she wrote, “he could veto the plans of architects with degrees from Yale and projects in Nantucket.” Mary Shell, an employee of his around the time of the murders, wrote in New York that “He did what he needed to do,” Miyasato said, referring to Heuermann’s work as a building code compliance consultant. “He certainly communicated with all of us on a regular basis that he was an expert at that.”

“Listen, it’s very hard to be passionate about building department codes,” the engineer said. “I mean, it’s boring. But he was very into it. Loved it. Most people do it because you have to, you have to apply the codes to your craft, but he literally

Hunting along w checking on any of the many properties as a excuse possibly...
Rhode Island has a lot of cases

So you think hiding in plain sight
I don't know what to think.

What is that thing?

Unless it comes apart, I don't think it could have been inside.

If it were outside, and it were torture apparatus, or consensual S&M apparatus, I would think the neighbors would have seen something.

It is very, very creepy to me, what with all the talk about hard points and 6x6's.

It looks partly sloppily constructed, with asymmetrical supports for the main vertical posts. And partly with some deluxe features, like the trim atop the posts.

MOO

What is that thing?

If it were outside, and it were torture apparatus, or consensual S&M apparatus, I would think the neighbors would have seen something.

It is very, very creepy to me, what with all the talk about hard points and 6x6's.

It looks partly sloppily constructed, with asymmetrical supports for the main vertical posts. And partly with some deluxe features, like the trim atop the posts.

MOO
Perhaps he built that (quickly and poorl) in order to account for his time while the Fam was away. Gives him an excuse to buy lumber, a table saw, slaps thst together, while shaving time to do what he really wants to do when they're away. A whole different kind of misleading. And if neighbors get nosey, hearing table saws... nothing to see here, just building a thing that'll never get done.... but makes for good cover.

Neighbor sees RH lugging wood into his house, he might start asking questions.

He sees a frame going up in the yard and hears sawing, it makes sense. Doesn't maybe bother to give it another thought.

JMO

Perhaps he built that (quickly and poorl) in order to account for his time while the Fam was away. Gives him an excuse to buy lumber, a table saw, slaps thst together, while shaving time to do what he really wants to do when they're away. A whole different kind of misleading. And if neighbors get nosey, hearing table saws... nothing to see here, just building a thing that'll never get done.... but makes for good cover.

Neighbor sees RH lugging wood into his house, he might start asking questions.

He sees a frame going up in the yard and hears sawing, it makes sense. Doesn't maybe bother to give it another thought.

JMO
I like that theory.

But now I'm in the middle of looking for that thing in other pictures, and I can't find it! Maybe it was under trees- near that wood porch floor that was in his back yard.

I only see it in one picture.

MOO

What is that thing?

MOO
Prototype design

April 1, 1989
"WESTPORT, Mass. -- Investigators pleaded for the author of an anonymous letter to come forward after his written instructions led to the discovery of the eighth victim of an apparent serial killer.

The body of a young woman was discovered Friday along Route 88 in Westport, nine months after Bristol County investigators first began finding the bodies of women from the New Bedford area dumped alongside the region's highways.

Bristol County District Attorney Ronald Pina said his office received an anonymous letter two weeks ago from a person who said he might have witnessed one of the killings and predicting a body would be found along Route 88.

'The person who sent the letter said they had information and had seen what they believed to be a person who may have been doing these killings,' Pina said. 'I don't know if that is accurate, but what they did say is if we found a body on (Route) 88 then that would confirm their story.'

'We have never had a body on Route 88 before in these cases,' he said. 'It sounded very good but it didn't fit. Now it fits, and the person said if it fit, they would come forward."

cont:
So I'm wondering if they think the same person who did New Bedford also murdered Veronica Wiederhold because for whatever reason, LE said they felt this person who killed VW wanted to turn himself in/confess. "Ossipo believes that relatively respectful way in which Wiederhold's remains were placed suggests her killer was remorseful and would confess if questioned" (Not really buying that, is dumping someone's naked body in a junkyard really respectful??) LE's reasoning behind why he would do so didn't seem convincing to me at the time. This is another murder around Valentine's Day, but 1988.

To me, if they were thinking VW's murder was connected to New Bedford, that would imply LE felt the person who wrote the letter in New Bedford was the actual murderer himself (which seems likely). But it looks like another suspect, too, was in the mix on VW Either way, it's interesting to me because it's another Valentine's Day murder.

Last edited:
The list of victims suggests a Hispanic perp.

Sexually motivated serial killers generally kill what they are attracted to/what matters to them. Most of the victims are Hispanic.
Of the New Bedford killer? Most (not all) of the victims are white. Several have Portuguese surnames, but there's a huge Portuguese community in that part of Massachusetts. Here is a collection of their photos: The terrifying serial killer who killed at least nine women - and got away with it

I don't know if RH is a potential suspect or not, but he is charged with killing Sandra Costilla, who was not white, and if he is charged with Valerie Mack's murder, which looks likely, he very likely killed Peaches as well (due to her baby being very close to Valerie and the general circumstances). His notes and search history show an interest in women of color and potentially trans women or men of color as well. (Iirc, one of the sex workers he was communicating with at the time of his arrest who was included in the January bail application when he was charged with Maureen's murder was Black or Latina).

If all of the NBSK victims were women of color, that might point to someone different, but the demographics are not very different from his charged or suspected victims in New York. I don't think that he can be ruled out on that basis.

That said, until some kind of evidence comes out, I think it's probably more likely that another killer was the NBSK. Not impossible it was RH and it won't shock me if the killings are linked to him, but the timing, location and other details seem off for what we know so far. That said, there's a lot we don't know yet and won't until the trial, so who knows at this point?

So I'm wondering if they think the same person who did New Bedford also murdered Veronica Wiederhold because for whatever reason, LE said they felt this person who killed VW wanted to turn himself in/confess. "Ossipo believes that relatively respectful way in which Wiederhold's remains were placed suggests her killer was remorseful and would confess if questioned" (Not really buying that, is dumping someone's naked body in a junkyard really respectful??) LE's reasoning behind why he would do so didn't seem convincing to me at the time. This is another murder around Valentine's Day, but 1988.

To me, if they were thinking VW's murder was connected to New Bedford, that would imply LE felt the person who wrote the letter in New Bedford was the actual murderer himself (which seems likely). But it looks like another suspect, too, was in the mix on VW Either way, it's interesting to me because it's another Valentine's Day murder.
The respectful way? In what universe is being laid out naked floating off the ground next to trash anything other than elaborate posing?

April 1, 1989

cont:
Cannot wait for any, all news re the rt 88 18 vehicles wed, and thursday and the tent, etc. The number of victims could be staggering. Many states. Dont believe Sam Little numbers, but we will wait and see.
Obvi petite, prostitutes, drugs, bdsm are his interests. He runs the gamut of hetero, bi, trans. No specific orientation. His motivation is hunt, kill it appears. First wife Irish, 2nd Icelandic, possible victims come from all nationalities. As shown in the threads. Irish, Spanish, Asian, African am and on. Rex appears to have no specific type. For all we know Sugar Bear, over 6ft, presented as female and cld very well have died from a bullet from Rexs Glock. Certainly if connected a bullet wld be safest for someon SBs size.Not limiting the pool is the best bet imo. Awaiting any updates over here.

Am I seeing things or does the bottom photo show the wooden frame with 2 pieces of white paper attached to it that don't appear on the top photo?
Enlarge photos +
Rex-Heuermann-Gilgo-Beach-LISK-Serial-Killer_03.jpeg

img_1714-jpeg.514074

Of the New Bedford killer? Most (not all) of the victims are white. Several have Portuguese surnames, but there's a huge Portuguese community in that part of Massachusetts. Here is a collection of their photos: The terrifying serial killer who killed at least nine women - and got away with it

I don't know if RH is a potential suspect or not, but he is charged with killing Sandra Costilla, who was not white, and if he is charged with Valerie Mack's murder, which looks likely, he very likely killed Peaches as well (due to her baby being very close to Valerie and the general circumstances). His notes and search history show an interest in women of color and potentially trans women or men of color as well. (Iirc, one of the sex workers he was communicating with at the time of his arrest who was included in the January bail application when he was charged with Maureen's murder was Black or Latina).

If all of the NBSK victims were women of color, that might point to someone different, but the demographics are not very different from his charged or suspected victims in New York. I don't think that he can be ruled out on that basis.

That said, until some kind of evidence comes out, I think it's probably more likely that another killer was the NBSK. Not impossible it was RH and it won't shock me if the killings are linked to him, but the timing, location and other details seem off for what we know so far. That said, there's a lot we don't know yet and won't until the trial, so who knows at this point?
The idea that there's a 'colour line ' with serial killers sticking to their own race is pretty much debunked at this point, too. It came from the small sample size in the early days of profiling, from profilers only having a small amount of known serial killers to study. It seemed to be a thing based on those few, but in the years that followed they realised it was the exception, not the rule. There seemed to be a racial divide, but it was an illusion. Now we know that while some killers may have specific preferences for appearance and background - Bundy is an extreme example - most aren't as fastidious. Ridgway, Little, Sutcliffe, Dahmer, and many others like RH who targeted mostly (but far from exclusively) victims on the margins of society, what they looked for was availability. Will this person be missed, can I get them alone, can I get them into my car, can I get them into my house. That was more important, when it came down to it, than race or other cosmetic considerations.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back