Found Deceased Greece - Brigitte van Gennip, island Samos, 22 August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brigitte was definately on holiday with a friend. The lady who I saw start it on Facebook stating her friend was missing either lives there or stays many months. Not sure.

It’s on fb. Easy to see. I’ll take my chances on source as just confirming it’s right anyway.

I was blind sided by knowing so many ladies travel there alone and hook up and it’s sooo safe.

Starting to feel a tad uneasy. Phone switched off and then found. Brigitte still unlocated on a path fairly well populated. Apparently. Not one I’ve done as I stay more remote in location, but getting quite worried now I must say.

Just looking from the map, it appears her intended destination is not far at all from her reported starting point.

At least they have found her phone. Hopefully it will still have directional information and texts that might give leads about her journey or who she might have met with.

Body of missing Brigitte (65) found on Greek island of Samos​

The Dutch woman who had been missing on the Greek island of Samos since last Thursday morning was found dead this morning. This was confirmed by On behalf of the Family. Several search teams had been looking for the 65-year-old woman from Amsterdam since Saturday morning.
Lichaam vermiste Brigitte (65) gevonden op Grieks eiland Samos

Starting to feel a tad uneasy. Phone switched off and then found. Brigitte still unlocated on a path fairly well populated. Apparently. Not one I’ve done as I stay more remote in location, but getting quite worried now I must say.
Is it known where the phone has been found and how far away it was located from Brigitte's remains? RIP

Cause not yet known
It is not yet known how the woman died. The family is currently in discussions with the Greek authorities. More information is expected this afternoon.

The Dutch woman disappeared after she went for a walk near the Tunnel of Eupalinos, a landmark from ancient Greece. Since then there has been no trace. 65-year-old Brigitte was on holiday with a friend of hers. The woman's mobile phone was previously recovered.

@Chiatos
"On Wednesday, a Belgian tourist found her in a ravine, in an area distant from where her mobile had been tracked, police added."

Belgian discovers body of missing Dutch tourist in Greece
540c9356-263d-4995-9e27-fceea38b2116-1024x683.jpg

I have been to Samos twice, end 90ss
Its was becoming a well known tourist island, for the wine and one of the greenest Island of Greece, it's very beautiful, but also dangerous with ravines and during our stay, there was a Pastor missing, I do believe they found him a year after he went missing,also in a ravine. iirc

Also we rented a scooter and were warned to be careful, during the Olive harvest, that made the roads very slippery.
In the mountains, we found bullet casings, so I wanted to leave immediately...

Last edited:
Absolutely gutted this has happened. Brigitte was, by the appearance I see of it, a repeat visitor to Samos and likely done that walk and many more around there before. Rest now in eternal peace Brigitte forever in beautiful samos.
I just wish people would never head off alone in heat and rough terrain. Fit as she was or not. Condolences to all Brigitte's family and friends and extended Samos friends.

It’s just so hot there. I watched the sun come up late June (so a little after 6am) and within 20 minutes it was 28-30 degrees.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back