Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what the perp says, but the coroner also seems to be in favour of that scenario...

The police are adamant about her not fighting back, you can even see that at 10:31 in the video, when the LE guy in black is asked if SE fought back at all, and he quickly dismisses it "no, no".
What about the defensive cut wounds and the DNA behind her fingernails that were reported in earlier news articles? Quite a few details reported about this case turned out to be false.

What about the defensive cut wounds and the DNA behind her fingernails that were reported in earlier news articles? Quite a few details reported about this case turned out to be false.

As far as the "knife wounds" are concerned, if we go by what's told in this Q&A, then they were definitely caused by the car's metal parts and are not knife wounds at all. As far as the "DNA" behind her fingernails is concerned, I do recall when originally translating a Greek source a couple of days ago of making a point to translate it as "material" not as "DNA material" because the original said "material". "Material" could mean anything that was examined and found not to contain genetic material. Perhaps when all of the lab results are out we'll know for sure...

(my speculative question only): Was this the car used in the crime?

paraskakis-660x330.jpg

Δολοφονία Αμερικανίδας βιολόγου: Αυτό είναι το προφίλ του δολοφόνου
2-80.jpg

1-315.jpg

Αυτό είναι το αυτοκίνητο του 27χρονου καθ’ ομολογίαν δολοφόνου | Cretapost.gr

Η ΕΛ.ΑΣ έδωσε στη δημοσιότητα δύο φωτογραφίες από το λευκό ΙΧ που χρησιμοποίησε ο 27χρονος.

The Hellenic Police released to the public two photographs of the white IX that the 27 year old used.

(my translation only)

Excellent recap of the Q&A, @CityDancer. I have a couple of comments/questions.
The perp knocked her down from behind as she (& him) were moving up from the coast road towards the Evelpidon Monument.
I'm not sure if this means that she was hit on the coastal road (at the bridge near the Orthodox Church) or on the winding road leading to the Evelpidon Monument (right turn at the next fork in the road after the bridge). According to a previous report, the tracking dogs could not trace her after the bridge.
She has parallel injuries on her arms, but they are probably not caused by a knife but by the metal bits on the car. She has head and rib injuries.
So there was no use of knife? Where do the head/rib injuries (fractures) originate from? Being run over? How come those weren't fatal?

Excellent recap of the Q&A, @CityDancer. I have a couple of comments/questions.

I'm not sure if this means that she was hit on the coastal road (at the bridge near the Orthodox Church) or on the winding road leading to the Evelpidon Monument (right turn at the next fork in the road after the bridge). According to a previous report, the tracking dogs reportedly could not trace her after the bridge.

So there was no use of knife? Where do the head/rib injuries (fractures) originate from? Being run over? How come those weren't fatal?

That bit where he describes the exact spot of abduction is kinda hard for someone not local to understand. He describes it the way we'd describe a place to someone already familiar with the area we're talking about. So I'm not sure I got it correctly. It seems she turned to go up a side-road (?) towards the Evelpidon monument, and he swerved and came up behind her to knock her over.

No knife wounds whatsoever, she was injured by the car's metal parts. Car injuries don't have to be fatal. Ribs can break and the person can still survive.

That's what the perp says, but the coroner also seems to be in favour of that scenario...

The police are adamant about her not fighting back, you can even see that at 10:31 in the video, when the LE guy in black is asked if SE fought back at all, and he quickly dismisses it "no, no".
I wonder how many details they changed after the perpetrator told them what really happened. Are they sure he can be believed?

I wonder how many details they changed after the perpetrator told them what really happened. Are they sure he can be believed?

Who's to say? We weren't getting the full details, nor for that matter were the journalists. Perhaps the police were leaking incorrect info on purpose. Greek police aren't big on PR, and tend to be tight-lipped.

That bit where he describes the exact spot of abduction is kinda hard for someone not local to understand. He describes it the way we'd describe a place to someone already familiar with the area we're talking about. So I'm not sure I got it correctly. It seems she turned to go up a side-road (?) towards the Evelpidon monument, and he swerved and came up behind her to knock her over.
I've seen the map of the area a few times and a few pages ago @otto (in post #1050) marked two spots on the map. Repost of his map:
upload_2019-7-15_21-52-53-png.193621

Those spots were taken from a news article in post #1032 by @Patrick Jane.
No knife wounds whatsoever, she was injured by the car's metal parts. Car injuries don't have to be fatal. Ribs can break and the person can still survive.
She also had head injuries. Were they also made by the car?

Last edited:

And no mention of the ear, anywhere that I've seen. Was that a false clue too, or is it just that LE is keeping some details quiet until the trial?

What I heard on the TV News (it's impossible for me to link that, so tag this as MOO), yes, you're right, side road. He was worried about traffic catching him on the Afrata-Kolymbari road, but there were no other cars on the side road, so he saw this as his opportunity.

If you look up the monument (in Greek) on Google Maps you will see the map, and also tourist-posted pictures.

I've seen the map of the area a few times and a few pages ago @otto (in post #1050) marked both spots on the map. Repost of his map:
She also had head injuries. Were they also made by the car?
SBM

I suspect they might have been. I have read multiple MSM sources from America said she was ran over twice. I would think the second time she'd be on the ground and would be more susceptible to head injuries than if she were run over while standing upright. Can't remember where I read this several years ago so will MOO, but I think in a normal run over situation, people are more likely to have injuries to their lower half, especially with a car.

Police in Crete Say Suspect Admitted Killing American Scientist

Edited to add: She may have also sustained a head injury falling when she was run over.

Looking at the photos of the vehicle posted by Patrick Jane above, that metal spoiler caught my attention. If she was backed over, I would think that metal spoiler could cause "cutting" type injuries, especially if the force threw her up onto the car. JMOO

What I heard on the TV News (it's impossible for me to link that, so tag this as MOO), yes, you're right, side road. He was worried about traffic catching him on the Afrata-Kolymbari road, but there were no other cars on the side road, so he saw this as his opportunity.

If you look up the monument (in Greek) on Google Maps you will see the map, and also tourist-posted pictures.
So if she didn't take that deserted side road, but the main coastal road towards the Academy, he would not have attacked for fear of other traffic? When did he spot her? When she was already on the side road? That road must have been out of his way.

This case is horrific and seems to get worse with every report. I think it's one of the saddest, most upsetting I've followed. I pray this dear lady, Dr. Eaton, never knew or felt anything after the monster run her over. It just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry for her family to have to go through this. It has to be nearly impossible to deal with such hurt and grief. My deepest sympathy to them. She seemed a truly lovely and gifted lady. Their loss is unimaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210