Ground Searches & communication from LE: UPDATES

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSO- Ruled out

SO-No warnings to the public. Ruled out. Did LE tell you this or is this something you decided for yourself?

Stranger- Crime was commited by someone that knew Haleigh. Ruled out.
That leaves the Family.
If you are stating this as FACT, please give sources. If not, it's only YOUR OPINION, right?

I do not believe I missed anything.
I do not understand the side taking in a child abduction case.
Someone took this child and untill she is found everybody is a suspect.
By the way I am not ruling out Misty,but, believe that another with in Haleighs Family commited this crime.

My answers are above.

She is the key, because she was in the home with both kids, in the same room. My only question is, was she deeply in sleep that all this happened and she didn't wake, or was she home at all, or was someone in the MH that night and Misty passed out and when she woke, Haleigh was gone?
I agree or maybe she knew who took Haleigh and why.

RSO- Ruled out

SO-No warnings to the public. Ruled out. Did LE tell you this or is this something you decided for yourself?
That leaves the Family.
If you are stating this as FACT, please give sources. If not, it's only YOUR OPINION, right?

By the way I am not ruling out Misty,but, believe that another with in Haleighs Family commited this crime.

My answers are above, in red.

Well...... the search didn't turn up anything, so I hope it lays some rumors to rest.
But I doubt it.
Perhaps this search served a dual purpose... it was done by request of Marie and with their full permission... and maybe LE wanted to observe the Cummings family's reactions while the search was going on. That would be interesting, would it not?

Well...... the search didn't turn up anything, so I hope it lays some rumors to rest.
But I doubt it.
Perhaps this search served a dual purpose... it was done by request of Marie and with their full permission... and maybe LE wanted to observe the Cummings family's reactions while the search was going on. That would be interesting, would it not?

BBM

Yes, it does tell a lot! From the lack of any media locating or speaking with any of the Cummings family members about the search, it seems they were no more concerned with anything being found there than they were with anything being found on the search the day of the wedding. No interest, no monitoring, no concern, NOTHING. All I know is that if it were my child missing, no one could have kept me away from either of those areas while there was a search going on! jmo

[/B]

BBM

Yes, it does tell a lot! From the lack of any media locating or speaking with any of the Cummings family members about the search, it seems they were no more concerned with anything being found there than they were with anything being found on the search the day of the wedding. No interest, no monitoring, no concern, NOTHING. All I know is that if it were my child missing, no one could have kept me away from either of those areas while there was a search going on! jmo

ITA, UNLESS someone KNOWS where Haleigh really is, same as Casey not worrying about the Blanchard Park search, but hyper-ventilating when the search got close to home and body was found.

There was no warrant

Piscitello declined to comment if Sheffield and her family had advance notice of the search, but he said they signed a consent form allowing officers to come onto the property without a search warrant.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...s_in_haleigh_case_covers_moms_family_property

The only person saying there was no warrant was Kim P. Even Marie on her twitter wants to know where the no warrant stuff is coming from.

"I would like to know hwere everybody is getting this info about no search warrants"about 13 hours ago from web

http://twitter.com/marie1207

You bet LE had a warrant for that search.

I dont know if this is the place to post this link, but I found this odd given the fact that they started searching around the Griffis property. I dont know if this is any relation to the family, but please take a look. Mods if this needs to be moved please do cause I am not sure where it belongs but I sure would like some thoughts on it:

Unoccupied trailer destroyed

The home owned by Jordan Gr***** and his wife was unoccupied and no one was injured. A neighbor alerted authorities about 3:15 pm and both the county and city fire departments responded with close to 20 personnel, three engines and two tanker units.

http://bakercountypress.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2316&Itemid=1

I dont know if this is the place to post this link, but I found this odd given the fact that they started searching around the Griffis property. I dont know if this is any relation to the family, but please take a look. Mods if this needs to be moved please do cause I am not sure where it belongs but I sure would like some thoughts on it:

The home owned by Jordan Gr***** and his wife was unoccupied and no one was injured. A neighbor alerted authorities about 3:15 pm and both the county and city fire departments responded with close to 20 personnel, three engines and two tanker units.

http://bakercountypress.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2316&Itemid=1

Why would they use the word destroyed? Goodness gracious, could they use the term "a total loss" instead or something.....lol.....Being that the occupants last name was griffis it would naturally make us think there might be some relation. Especially in light of the searches at other griffis's property yesterday huh? However I read the article and it said the fire was started after the power which had previously been shutoff was turned back on. Surge maybe. Good catch though. Atta way to lookout!

RSO- Ruled out
SO-No warnings to the public. Ruled out.
That leaves the Family.

Hi texasmommy, my friend.....lol.... I bolded a statement, sometimes we think along the same lines and sometimes you post something that gets my thought process moving along....and that is a good thing. I just wanted to say that I don't think LE ever said that ALL RSO's were cleared. I believe what happened was that Soffenders were interviewed and their homes were searched. I can't find an article that states all the sex offenders in the 5 mile radius were "cleared" I could be wrong though so if you find that somewhere I would love to read it!

Also the fact that you state that a stranger abduction was ruled out bewilders me. Yes it most likely was someone that Haleigh knew. Someone that Haleigh often saw around Green Lane or Tyler Street or such. But that can't automatically lead us to believe that it was someone in the family that did this. The Bards owned the home that Ronald rented, they stated in an interview that they saw Haleigh playing outside and she and her brother ran over often to talk to her while she was hanging clothes on the line. Now that tells me that Haleigh was a happy FRIENDLY child that talked to neighbors. Perhaps not a stranger.....but anyone that had been to the home, or lived near the home should not be ruled out as a potential suspect because, well I look at it like this. My children play outside my home and know all the adults in my cul de sac, and my family all lives in new York! Not one person around here is related to me. My kids see the people who live in this circle everyday. Many times a day. Much more than they see any family members. Now, I know most people spend more time with their family, but if you honestly think about it, don't you think your kids know who are around them?

My point is only I can't rule out anyone, family or neighbors....but especially sex offenders that might have passed by Haleigh and waved to her out the window every single day. 44 in a 5 mile radius to be exact. Yes, Misty is the key, but only cause I think you can't take very good care of a child when you are sleeping or out to have a smoke or sneaked(is that a word...lol) out.
Thats it!!:)

I'm also curious where you got this info? NO ONE has been ruled out and since they don't know who did this, how could you possibly say they KNOW it wasn't an SO?

I seem to falter back and forth over who I think is involved. I do agree with most everyone who says MC is the key. Take her claim she slept through this + her inconsistencies + the kidnappers brazen act of flipping the light in the kitchen on & taking the time to prop the door open = IMO, she knows who did this (altho, that would be last on my list because I don't think she's bright enough to cover), she wasn't home or she was passed out (i.e stoned and/or drunk)

I just hope LE is sticking to her like glue! :poke:

I just wanted to say that when a person does drugs or drink heavily, the drugs and alcohol are in your system for a few days. I don't think Misty was sober if you will that night. She just came off a bad weekend. So even if she didn't drink that night, there was some alcohol and drugs remaining in her system. I know because I have lived with Alcoholics and people who did drugs. She could have easily slept though this....JMO

[/B]

BBM

BBM

Did it ever occur to you that the Cummings family knew nothing about the search until they heard about it on the news? Or perhaps the media called them to ask about their thoughts and that is how they found out about the search? I would not be so quick to judge the Cummings family without all the facts. No one here knows if they were informed ahead of time or what was going through their minds when that search was going on. IMO a lot of people here are very quick to make snap judgments about this family without any facts to back them up. No one is in their heads or in their hearts. I bet they are hurting - a lot.

Now, to get back on topic of this thread.

I've heard some of the papers report that the Sheffield/Griffis family requested this search to put to rest "rumors" surrounding their family. I call BS. LE would not go through the expense that yesterday cost. There were approximately 40 LE officers from different counties, cadaver dogs, bulldozers, an anthropologist, and divers. That could not have been cheap. According to an article I read yesterday, there are "Clerk of Court Offices Closing Due to Budget Cuts" (link found here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=140531&catid=3) in FL. IMO, LE is not going to go through the expense of those searches just to dispel rumors to make Crystal's family happy. That sounds like spin coming from Ms. Picazio. Again - my opinion.

However, I am very happy to see HaLeigh's name in the news. I'm happy to see LE working to find HaLeigh. And more than anything, I am happy that they did not find a deceased HaLeigh. I still remain hopeful that HaLeigh is alive. I will not give up hope for her to be found!

How convenient they wait until now to search the land and get a phone call a week ahead to know of LE's intent. How is this cooperating? Why didn't they insist on this the first week or so?

It just burns me up that LE did not conduct this type of search initially and rule their land out months ago. Of course, we would expect them to find nothing today.

As the famous words of CA ring in my ears, "There is NO evidence" as she sat on the stand looking straight at Casey.

It is very interesting.

BBM

Did it ever occur to you that the Cummings family knew nothing about the search until they heard about it on the news? Or perhaps the media called them to ask about their thoughts and that is how they found out about the search? I would not be so quick to judge the Cummings family without all the facts. No one here knows if they were informed ahead of time or what was going through their minds when that search was going on. IMO a lot of people here are very quick to make snap judgments about this family without any facts to back them up. No one is in their heads or in their hearts. I bet they are hurting - a lot.

Now, to get back on topic of this thread.

I've heard some of the papers report that the Sheffield/Griffis family requested this search to put to rest "rumors" surrounding their family. I call BS. LE would not go through the expense that yesterday cost. There were approximately 40 LE officers from different counties, cadaver dogs, bulldozers, an anthropologist, and divers. That could not have been cheap. According to an article I read yesterday, there are "Clerk of Court Offices Closing Due to Budget Cuts" (link found here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=140531&catid=3) in FL. IMO, LE is not going to go through the expense of those searches just to dispel rumors to make Crystal's family happy. That sounds like spin coming from Ms. Picazio. Again - my opinion.

However, I am very happy to see HaLeigh's name in the news. I'm happy to see LE working to find HaLeigh. And more than anything, I am happy that they did not find a deceased HaLeigh. I still remain hopeful that HaLeigh is alive. I will not give up hope for her to be found!

BBM Regarding the bolded...it might occur to the Cummings family or their spokesman to put out such a theory. It appears to be more of the same. No concern or attention to a seach where I believe he knows nothing will be found. When they actually search where something will be found...

BBM Regarding the bolded...it might occur to the Cummings family or their spokesman to put out such a theory. It appears to be more of the same. No concern or attention to a seach where I believe he knows nothing will be found. When they actually search where something will be found...

Huh?

If the family didn't know about that search ahead of time, it was cruel of LE to not inform them and allow them to find out via the media. However, I don't think that Ron's attorneys feel the need to issue a press release every time there is a "rumor" about the family. Otherwise they'd be pretty busy. :rolleyes:

++++++++++++++++++++

Back on topic -- I read a few articles that mention TIPS and that is why the Griffis property was searched. That is what I believe happened. No other reason - not because LE wanted to help Crystal's family stop rumors. Kim originally came to help Crystal with the media. (There are articles that state this). I believe that is exactly what happened yesterday. There was a search of the property that Crystal and her mother live on - and Kim did her best to put a spin on it that presented them in the best light possible. MOO.

LE is not going to spend that much money to stop rumors. That is just ridiculous, IMO. I cannot imagine the uproar if Ron or his family suggested LE help him "stop rumors". I wish I knew the cost of yesterday's search. I bet it was very costly. If Crystal and Marie wanted to stop rumors, did they fund the search themselves?

Did we ever find out who's property was the other one searched? The maternal great-grandfather?

I, to want to know more about this property and who it belongs to. I don't live in Florida so I can not even guess if it is close to anyone in either side of the family. I did email "J" about it and told him to shoot me an email if he could with an update and his thoughts...hopefully he will report something soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back