Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FL has very strict laws for nonprofits which are overseen by the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services (I have NO clue how these 2 groups came together, but it is what it is).

Nonprofits have to have a charitable solicitation license. Whenever I send out a donation request letter for my nonprofit, I have to include a blurb (below) about the FL statute about charitable solicitation licenses, according to my org.'s attorney

--is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture under the Solicitation of Contributions Act, CH4154. 100% of your contribution will go directly to support --. No professional solicitor has been contracted by --.

Here's a link to the FL statues about this: http://archive.flsenate.gov/statute...ng=&URL=0400-0499/0496/Sections/0496.405.html

Bring Kids Home is said to be based in NJ, not FL.
In previous articles, it has been said they were NY based.
On their FB - before it was changed - it was in WA or OR.

FL has very strict laws for nonprofits which are overseen by the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services (I have NO clue how these 2 groups came together, but it is what it is).

Nonprofits have to have a charitable solicitation license. Whenever I send out a donation request letter for my nonprofit, I have to include a blurb (below) about the FL statute about charitable solicitation licenses, according to my org.'s attorney

--is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture under the Solicitation of Contributions Act, CH4154. 100% of your contribution will go directly to support --. No professional solicitor has been contracted by --.

Here's a link to the FL statues about this: http://archive.flsenate.gov/statute...ng=&URL=0400-0499/0496/Sections/0496.405.html

Haven't read it yet....but I don't think all the citizens who send money have to fill out any paperwork to give them money. The owner may have to file a report but don't think their income into the fund is monitored. They will determine how and when money is spent.

That missing child (fishing/lake) boat costs way more than all the money they claimed they made that year. Does that make sense?

I'm sitting here stunned that the Anthonys are asking for money to build on land that hasn't even been purchased or may never be purchased.

When I think they can't go lower...I am forever certain they can..and will.

From the link:

Segura acknowledged that his group has not done much fundraising prior to seeking $200,000 to build the Suburban Drive memorial. He insists the project is legitimate and will get built, as long as Orange County commissioners rezone the land to allow the memorial. If the project does not proceed, donors who purchase bricks will be refunded a portion of their donation, and other donations may not be returned, according to the group's website.

Oh my. I think this is WAY worse than what happened with Kidfinders. JMO.

*BUMP*

Everyone need to see this, read it and try to do something about it. For all the Anthony supporters, I hope this explains why some of us think as we do.

........................this just isn't good for my health.....

It doesn't matter where they are based. If they are soliciting donations in FL they are bound by FL laws.

A charitable organization or sponsor, unless exempted pursuant to s. 496.406, which intends to solicit contributions in this state by any means or have funds solicited on its behalf by any other person, charitable organization, sponsor, commercial co-venturer, or professional solicitor, or that participates in a charitable sales promotion or sponsor sales promotion, must, prior to engaging in any of these activities, file an initial registration statement, and a renewal statement annually thereafter, with the department.

http://archive.flsenate.gov/statute...ng=&URL=0400-0499/0496/Sections/0496.405.html

Are there national nonprofits that solicit funds in FL without filing the registration? Of course. But legally, they cannot do so. I imagine that the Commissioner wouldn't act on any violations of this law without complaints from Floridians.

JMO.

Dear g#$! I can't take anymoe:banghead: They're asking for donations on a piece of land that they don't even own and may never own. HOWEVER, they will refund a partial ( no % given) of the money back and in some cases none. They are looking for Corporate donations...

Are their people out there still functioning with brain cells that would give them a penny?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh wait, it gets better - they told me they are on AMAZON. (My 'inquiry' is after the reply, btw!)

Date: Saturday, July 16, 2011, 8:28 PM

Hello. Here is the link to order the bricks. They just added payment thru Amazon to make it easier. Once they process your order they will contact you for personalization. I am not sure if they will send photos of your actual brick once done but I will ask. If not maybe I can find a volunteer in the area that would do it for me. I'll check into it.

http://www.bringkidshome.org/brick.htm

Thanks for your support,
Dawn

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 1:14 PM, News Junkie <my email addy> wrote:
Can you send me info on the bricks for the memorial, please. Is there a paypal set up to take payments? Can we email art or words we want on our brick? If out of state, will we be sent photo of our brick and it's location on the path?
Thanks.

I wonder what kind of sales pitch, then explanation they would give to a "potential corporate sponsor" should one wish to inquire about the possibility of sponsorship in exchange for the answer to some toughly worded questions.....hmmm.....:waitasec:

Little ole' me thinks it was not wise nor smart to tempt the media with the comment that they have all made plenty off the story. JMHO

Gosh, and that sounds soooooooo like a certain family too.

....I know what I would like to do with some bricks bout now....

Some of these comments are just too funny!

When I first started reading about this 'memorial I was envisioning a simple stone cross, or something similar. But like you all have said, all they need now is a Carnival Barker (JB!), a ferris wheel and someone to sell tickets! And I'm sure the Anthony's would be happy to take that job!

why does the memorial need to be so over the top? Why not just a beautiful marker (think gravestone) in the woods?

It is a nice thought but unless you live in FL you have to understand the concept of SNAKES.
Especially huge rattlesnakes. I would not walk down there. And also wouldnt because to me it is just a sad place:(
I would think it would be better for the owner to just sell the half acre lot and have a home built there. Life goes on and the quicker t does, the better for these kids. (who walk past) kids are pretty resilient.
You cant put them in a bubble and have them believe bad things never happen. Kids tend to live in the Now and if the nearby parents act OK and get on with it the kids will be alright IMO
I think a Memorial in a happier place would be more fitting. Maybe a tree and plaque with Caylees name on it. Ata park she loved?
And no one gets scammed out of 200K either. JMO
I think I saw in a video taken just last mo that the property was for sale.

why does the memorial need to be so over the top? Why not just a beautiful marker (think gravestone) in the woods?

Now wait a damn minute! :maddening:

You bring up a VERY good point!

The Anthonys didn't even have the DECENCY to give Caylee's remains a FINAL RESTING PLACE in a cemetery...under a beautiful tree, or near a pond.....or ANYWHERE...

But NOW they want to CREATE a place with flashing strobe lights and cubby holes for the same wildlife that scattered her remains to nest in???? :banghead:

Time to go to bed...now I am beyond disgusted!!!

From the link:

Segura acknowledged that his group has not done much fundraising prior to seeking $200,000 to build the Suburban Drive memorial. He insists the project is legitimate and will get built, as long as Orange County commissioners rezone the land to allow the memorial. If the project does not proceed, donors who purchase bricks will be refunded a portion of their donation, and other donations may not be returned, according to the group's website.

Oh my. I think this is WAY worse than what happened with Kidfinders. JMO.

NO ONE with a mind and heart for charity would want to spend 200k on a memorial like that. What a waste of resources that could be used to help (actual) missing children. This is evil.

KB reported tonight they claim to be in 6 or 7 states.

Also, they have a FLORIDA DIRECTOR -- he better know what he is doing, if you ask me.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/w...memorial.plans.mark.Caylee.Anthony's.birthday
"Eddie DelValle, Florida director of Bring Kids Home, said the memorial plans include a raised path that will take visitors into the woods and around a light-projected halo marking the spot where Caylee's skeleton was recovered."

Some of these comments are just too funny!

When I first started reading about this 'memorial I was envisioning a simple stone cross, or something similar. But like you all have said, all they need now is a Carnival Barker (JB!), a ferris wheel and someone to sell tickets! And I'm sure the Anthony's would be happy to take that job!

cindy would love it -- she could check up on george and make sure there are no "rivers" too. Course if a river shows up, there won't be another cruise.

I predict that this elaborate memorial theme park will go nowhere. It's just too outlandish for a residential area. Someone here suggested a park bench at J Blanchard Park with Caylee's name inscribed. That is a wonderful idea!

I predict that this elaborate memorial theme park will go nowhere. It's just too outlandish for a residential area. Someone here suggested a park bench at J Blanchard Park with Caylee's name inscribed. That is a wonderful idea!

Probably too subtle, humble and cost effective. I misread what you said as it being a "theme park" and thought - don't give them any ideas...

I agree. Only the donations will go somewhere, from generous folks pockets to their pockets. They will proclaim that not enough money was donated in order to proceed with the project.
A smidgen of the donations will be refunded and that will be the end of it. They might even give some of the bricks back to locals (if they ever existed) and some folks will now be the proud owner of an expensive door stop.
Maybe an eeny weeny marker will be placed that for some unexplainable reason will have cost a king's ransom..

KB reported tonight they claim to be in 6 or 7 states.

Also, they have a FLORIDA DIRECTOR -- he better know what he is doing, if you ask me.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/w...memorial.plans.mark.Caylee.Anthony's.birthday
"Eddie DelValle, Florida director of Bring Kids Home, said the memorial plans include a raised path that will take visitors into the woods and around a light-projected halo marking the spot where Caylee's skeleton was recovered."

According to their website they have less than 100 volunteers. 1 or 2 volunteers is less than one hundred.
Also, does anyone remember the size of this lot. The way they are talking with all those grandiose pipe dreams, you would expect it to be several acres. I thought it was a lot smaller than that.

Dear g#$! I can't take anymoe:banghead: They're asking for donations on a piece of land that they don't even own and may never own. HOWEVER, they will refund a partial ( no % given) of the money back and in some cases none. They are looking for Corporate donations...

Are their people out there still functioning with brain cells that would give them a penny?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

As far as I'm concerned, Caylee has already told us how SHE feels about that particular spot of ground:

CayleeLightning.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties