Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well if it is allowed to have a memorial there, how is this area going to be safe from flooding during the next storm/hurricane? There's obviously a LOT of work to do. I just wish whomever these people are, they would rethink this bad idea. We still don't know what happened to Caylee Marie, only that her body was dumped there.

And I agree about Ground zero -- so many bodies were never found, and that's the only place people can go to pay respect. Where can we choose to respect Caylee is the question.

MOO

Mel

My grandfather's ashes (on my mom's side) are on the mantle in my grandmother's house as we speak and have been there since his death 3 years ago.

My uncle's ashes (on my Dad's side) were thrown over a cliffside in a national park with some ashes kept by my grandmother in her house until her death. When she died two years later, my other uncle had both of their ashes put into a marble urn that is in his living room.

I generally don't get comfort from a cemetery...it's where dead things go. I would not want my child in a grave if I ever lost one. I know others feel differently, and I won't judge that, but the idea of seeing a grave as a loving comforting place is foreign to me, and I know many others who feel similarly.

I am also one that never would fault the Anthonys for having Caylee cremated and possibly having her ashes in some kind of memorial jewelry.
Kind of cherish that KC did not approve of cremation.
It is a personal choice and just as respectful as a coffin in the ground at a cemetery with an elaborate memorial headstone.
Besides with the cost of such a funeral, many folks might have financial restrictions nowadays. In the final analysis , it really does not matter. You honor your deceased loved ones in your heart and your memories , not by standing in front of a tiny piece of real estate. Although many folks, might get comfort at a quiet cemetery and reminisce about happy days in the past.
That said, it is all relative anyway, it is common practice in Western Europe to clear graves of common folks after as little as ten years and transfer such remains to mass burial pits in order to make room. No clue how that is done here in the USA.
JMO.

This could be a contingency sale. You put a small amount of money down on the property and make an offer. The sale is contingent on them getting the money. If they can't raise the money to pay for the land by a certain date offer runs out and they get their money back. If this is the type of sale it is, they are waiting for donations to pay for the land. Problem is how will it be maintained and where will the funds come from. Sounds like the taxpayers will end up footing the bill in the end. Hello, taxpayers down there, wake up. jmo

Not the type of sale you think it is.
Read the policy on their web site.
They even anticipated a no go of the project and have a policy for you to own an expensive brick on a wire stand. And I bet that does not include additional shipping and handling.:floorlaugh:

http://bringkidshome.org/brickrefund.htm

Bring Kids Home is not listed as having a charitable solicitation license in FL (https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspublicapp/giftgiversquery/giftgiversquery.aspx). I called this morning to confirm this and no, they do not have a license, so I filed a complaint. The lady I spoke with sent an e-mail to an investigator when I was on the phone with her. She asked if there was a FL address for them and I said, not one that I could find and all the contact us parts of their website go to a web form. I suggested that an investigator fill out a media or sponsor form and I'm sure they'd be contacted back pretty quickly!! :)

If any other Floridians want to file a complaint (about anything consumer-related), you can do so by calling 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352).

:woohoo::woohoo:
Thank you so much. Only a resident of Fla can file such a complaint.
Hope other Floridians follow your exemplary effort.
And I hope WS will be credited for getting rid of those alleged shysters.

That's a good point. The Anthonys have no history or training or real ability to find missing kids. Why not give the money to people who know what they're doing? Let the experts handle it. They could start by paying Tim Miller the money FCA cost him.

And GA has a proven record of financial irresponsibility.

:woohoo::woohoo:
Thank you so much. Only a resident of Fla can file such a complaint.
Hope other Floridians follow your exemplary effort.
And I hope WS will be credited for getting rid of those alleged shysters.

I was just going to bump this post and you beat me to it. Lol. There's also the IRS and State of WA. I think I have those links back someplace on this thread...will post later...that'll bump the post again too. :)

Not the type of sale you think it is.
Read the policy on their web site.
They even anticipated a no go of the project and have a policy for you to own an expensive brick on a wire stand. And I bet that does not include additional shipping and handling.:floorlaugh:

http://bringkidshome.org/brickrefund.htm

Sounds like one of those: "Heads I win, tales you lose" proposition.

Sounds like one of those: "Heads I win, tales you lose" proposition.

Yep, and I guarantee you will not get a penny back. All they have to say is that the private donor (doubt if such a person even exists) withdrew

snipped from their refund policy

3) Partial Refund minus $30 spent on materials and engraving costs; bricks are engraved and warehoused in preparation for construction.

Donations to Public Charities are Non-Refundable, however a private donor has come forward to establish this special refund policy..

I heard it is going to take $200,000 to get it up and going and that it will include a statue of Caylee?

Before my husband passed away we owned an excavating company in Arizona for many years. I can see how it would be easy to spend $200,000 on the land preparation alone. Plus, I would think there needs to be rezoning, an environmental impact study, and an architect's design. (At least that was required in Arizona.) I would think Florida would have even more requirements due to wetlands and such. This is going to be a very costly project, not to mention that most of us will be picking out our nursing homes before all approvals are met.

My personal opinion is it's a lousy idea to begin with to memorialize an innocent baby's body being dumped there. There has to be a more appropriate way to remember Caylee but forget the rest of the Anthonys. (If Cindy will only let us.) :banghead:

Bring Kids Home is not listed as having a charitable solicitation license in FL (https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspublicapp/giftgiversquery/giftgiversquery.aspx). I called this morning to confirm this and no, they do not have a license, so I filed a complaint. The lady I spoke with sent an e-mail to an investigator when I was on the phone with her. She asked if there was a FL address for them and I said, not one that I could find and all the contact us parts of their website go to a web form. I suggested that an investigator fill out a media or sponsor form and I'm sure they'd be contacted back pretty quickly!! :)

If any other Floridians want to file a complaint (about anything consumer-related), you can do so by calling 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352).

They are a national organization - Eddie DelValle is the director for the Florida Region:

http://www2.guidestar.org/organizations/26-3337415/bring-kids-home.aspx

Ah, just read where you wrote license - I read "charity". I actually thought having a 501(3)(c) was sufficient.

Yep, and I guarantee you will not get a penny back. All they have to say is that the private donor (doubt if such a person even exists) withdrew

snipped from their refund policy

3) Partial Refund minus $30 spent on materials and engraving costs; bricks are engraved and warehoused in preparation for construction.

Donations to Public Charities are Non-Refundable, however a private donor has come forward to establish this special refund policy..

It is painfully obvious that these folks are not financial gurus...good grief, they are not even good con artists.....:crazy:

I am also one that never would fault the Anthonys for having Caylee cremated and possibly having her ashes in some kind of memorial jewelry.
Kind of cherish that KC did not approve of cremation.
It is a personal choice and just as respectful as a coffin in the ground at a cemetery with an elaborate memorial headstone.
Besides with the cost of such a funeral, many folks might have financial restrictions nowadays. In the final analysis , it really does not matter. You honor your deceased loved ones in your heart and your memories , not by standing in front of a tiny piece of real estate. Although many folks, might get comfort at a quiet cemetery and reminisce about happy days in the past.
That said, it is common practice in Western Europe to clear graves of common folks after as little as ten years and transfer such remains to mass burial pits in order to make room. No clue how that is done here in the USA.
JMO.

I was not aware that Casey disapproved of Caylee's cremation. Interesting! But she approved of Caylee rotting in a garbage strewn swamp and the animals gnawing on her bones? Yep. She was a "great mother" alright. :sick:

It doesn't matter where they are based. If they are soliciting donations in FL they are bound by FL laws.

http://archive.flsenate.gov/statute...ng=&URL=0400-0499/0496/Sections/0496.405.html

Are there national nonprofits that solicit funds in FL without filing the registration? Of course. But legally, they cannot do so. I imagine that the Commissioner wouldn't act on any violations of this law without complaints from Floridians.

JMO.

My quoted part from the FL statues didn't come through in this post, so I've copied it below:

Quote:
A charitable organization or sponsor, unless exempted pursuant to s. 496.406, which intends to solicit contributions in this state by any means or have funds solicited on its behalf by any other person, charitable organization, sponsor, commercial co-venturer, or professional solicitor, or that participates in a charitable sales promotion or sponsor sales promotion, must, prior to engaging in any of these activities, file an initial registration statement, and a renewal statement annually thereafter, with the department.

Something is wrong with memorializing the swampy wet ditch that C-felon chose to dump this innocent little child. That is so sad.

I would find going there too painful to see where she dumped her little body before leaving for the movies and night of .....you know

Any money collected should go to an organization that has proven to help find missing and murdered children and that would be Tim M.

Many people do. At least licensing helps protect the public. :)

I think FL has some of the best consumer-protection laws in the country, IMO. These are a result from so many people trying to scam us after bad hurricanes. Again, JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back