Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, there is nothing about that org. on http://www.sunbiz.org/search.html
There is also no name listed on the website registration on whois.com
I urge everyone NOT to give these people any money until they can be verified. This smells of a kid finder (Dennis Milstead) scam.

Let me tell you about a similar project that was publicized a few years back in Tupelo Mississippi. Some guy (scam artist) wanted to build a memorial wall for Elvis and was selling bricks/plaques for large sums of money. He collected thousands of $$ and nothing was ever built.
Beware!

I was just re-reading some of the first posts here and noticed this. I can't find anything, tho, about the Elvis brick scam. Do you have any info about it? Google is not my friend this morning, lol. Thanks!

I was just re-reading some of the first posts here and noticed this. I can't find anything, tho, about the Elvis brick scam. Do you have any info about it? Google is not my friend this morning, lol. Thanks!

I *think* this link may lead you in right direction...

http://www.elvis-express.com/elvisradio_articles_thatbus3.html

This link refers to controversy over legitimacy of Elvis tour bus but I also read a link about him and some Memorial Wall he wanted to build?

His name is Bill Kinard....

(Have to get back to work....)

Thanks for the Elvis links...I was hoping there was a link between the groups but apparently not. Oh, well, I'll carry on. :)

Thanks for the Elvis links...I was hoping there was a link between the groups but apparently not. Oh, well, I'll carry on. :)

Yeah, appear to be some shady goings-on (stolen buses and fake microphones!) but no mention of, or apparent connection to any brick scam
Sorry folks, hope i haven't strayed O/T too far!

Yeah, appear to be some shady goings-on (stolen buses and fake microphones!) but no mention of, or apparent connection to any brick scam
Sorry folks, hope i haven't strayed O/T too far!

No, you are fine and have brought into focus that there are a lot of scams out there and many of them center around selling bricks. If there were nothing to hide they would have more information on their website. As it is now they have a deadline of January 2012, I believe that is on their little money collected chart, and once they have reached that date if they do not have the funds they will abandon the project and if you donated money it appears you are out of luck getting anything returned to you. Is it possible they have a contingency offer on the land until January?

I would imagine for a venture of this scale they would have solicited local companies to pledge a contribution to get this project started before asking people to donate money. It's like putting the cart before the horse. Haven't we just seen that too much during this case.

They need to lay their cards on the table, show they have been an active charity and what their track record is. How many missing and abused children have they helped? Where are those testimonials? jmo

It started out to be a wall with fans named engraved. Cost, 125.00 for each name. Then it escalated into a full blown cemetery, they were selling plots and crypts none of which ever materialized. I will include some links but most have been taken down since this scam began several years ago.
I have been part of the Elvis world for many years and could spend all day relaying scams and innocent victims, but I don't want to take this thread off topic.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

It started out to be a wall with fans named engraved. Cost, 125.00 for each name. Then it escalated into a full blown cemetery, they were selling plots and crypts none of which ever materialized. I will include some links but most have been taken down since this scam began several years ago.
I have been part of the Elvis world for many years and could spend all day relaying scams and innocent victims, but I don't want to take this thread off topic.

And they just continue to get away with it. Amazing. I just can't believe that this charity, "BringKidsHome" is not aware of how many scams there are out there about selling bricks that never gets off the ground. Seems to me this scam has been around for a long time so why associate yourself with something that has proven to be a scam in the past. I say if this is legitimate they will step up to the plate and reveal their track record. jmo

No, you are fine and have brought into focus that there are a lot of scams out there and many of them center around selling bricks. If there were nothing to hide they would have more information on their website. As it is now they have a deadline of January 2012, I believe that is on their little money collected chart, and once they have reached that date if they do not have the funds they will abandon the project and if you donated money it appears you are out of luck getting anything returned to you. Is it possible they have a contingency offer on the land until January?

I would imagine for a venture of this scale they would have solicited local companies to pledge a contribution to get this project started before asking people to donate money. It's like putting the cart before the horse. Haven't we just seen that too much during this case.

They need to lay their cards on the table, show they have been an active charity and what their track record is. How many missing and abused children have they helped? Where are those testimonials? jmo

I'm gonna go out on a limb here so Mods please remove my post if you feel it's inappropriate. Tho I think it's okay because I read that if the FB or Twitter can be verified to be who it says, it's okay but just in case..... :)

There are a couple posts on the BKH (BringKidsHome) facebook page. Look under "older posts". These are from BKH in response to a person who expressed some outrage regarding the refund policy, filing of papers, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/BringKidsHome

#
Bring Kids Home Appreciate your due diligence but we have filed all required yearly reports and are in good standing with the IRS. There was an error on a corporate reporting website and that will be fixed within 48 hours or less, as we were not required to file any corporate documents; as happpens the TV news attempted to sensationalize a minor error.
Wednesday at 12:15pm ·
#
Bring Kids Home Brick Update-- when a major corporate sponsor or grant is obtained for this project, the Bricks will be FREE for those who purchased them, they can take a full refund or apply the money to other programs or to the Florida Public Schools. Our goal is to reward those early supporters who did purchase bricks to support this project. Major news networks made millions off this case, one of the news networks should pay for the memorial and certainly we are asking them why they are not stepping up to fund the Victim's side including the 900 children who pass the site every school day.
Wednesday at 12:48pm ·

Note that I have not yet seen this statement on their website, just this on their FB page in response to a seemingly angry poster.

I don't like the whole "you are out of your money if the project fails" aspect. As well, I am bothered by them soliciting funds without even securing the land and putting a proposal in action. Either this group is incompetent in understanding the ins and outs of such projects and are just bumbling through it, or they are just out to make as much money as possible before they are ran off.

When I read the "halo of light" to shine where the skull was found part, I have to say: that will be one sure fire way to make kids SCARED of a place. Can you imagine late evening there and kids seeing a glow coming from the woods where a murdered child once laid... yeah... not very inviting, IMO.

Someone hasn't put much real-world thought into this project, IMO. But that is my opinion and my opinion is not to be a reflection of disrespect on Caylee.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here so Mods please remove my post if you feel it's inappropriate. Tho I think it's okay because I read that if the FB or Twitter can be verified to be who it says, it's okay but just in case..... :)

There are a couple posts on the BKH (BringKidsHome) facebook page. Look under "older posts". These are from BKH in response to a person who expressed some outrage regarding the refund policy, filing of papers, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/BringKidsHome

Note that I have not yet seen this statement on their website, just this on their FB page in response to a seemingly angry poster.

The post itself is an angry response and not very professional. It's as if they want to get into a debate with the media because of their supposed profits off this case. Maybe someone should inform them that the media is entitled to report the news and are not responsible for the fact that someone thought it was the perfect place to get rid of a body. Media sponsers pay regardless of what the news is. In a couple of years if the land is not developed as they propose children will ride by that sight with no knowledge about why Caylee was put there. With a memorial every child who ever attends that school until the school closes down permanently they will know exactly what happened to Caylee and be reminded daily of it.

To me when I read what the information from their site it appears they are praying on the sadness and anger of others over this case. This is my opinion only and I still do not see how this memorial will find missing children. For the money it has no functional purpose, will cost taxpayers money to maintain and the site will be soon run down and become overgrown, that is if it ever gets off the ground.

If this were a serious venture with the amount of money to complete this project they would not be selling bricks they would be proudly announcing their corporate backers.

Have to wonder why the media is taking this lying down? jmo

I don't like the whole "you are out of your money if the project fails" aspect. As well, I am bothered by them soliciting funds without even securing the land and putting a proposal in action. Either this group is incompetent in understanding the ins and outs of such projects and are just bumbling through it, or they are just out to make as much money as possible before they are ran off.

When I read the "halo of light" to shine where the skull was found part, I have to say: that will be one sure fire way to make kids SCARED of a place. Can you imagine late evening there and kids seeing a glow coming from the woods where a murdered child once laid... yeah... not very inviting, IMO.

Someone hasn't put much real-world thought into this project, IMO. But that is my opinion and my opinion is not to be a reflection of disrespect on Caylee.

I don't think any of us here feel our opinions are a reflection of disrespect on Caylee. Nothing will bring her back and we all understand that and would like to honor her in some way. But Caylee is not the only child to have died tragically in these past three years. That being said if the residents of that area want to set up a foundation through a local bank that will handle donations for something that children in the community will enjoy, such as a playscape or buy a home and set up a shelter for families in peril and honor Caylee in that way, then they should do it. Even I would donate to that.

Something on this site that calls attention to what happened there that was horrific in the eyes of a child will only bring lawsuits down the road. It is bound to happen when a child wakes up screaming in the middle of the night and tells the parent they are afraid they will be thrown away. Caylee did not just happen to walk into the woods like Winnie the Pooh as is referenced on their site. How do you explain that to a child without lying because the truth is too heart wretching? A psychologist will tell you not to lie to your child. Yet this seems to be the theme of this memorial. Caylee did not wander into the woods like Winnie.

In the OKC Memorial you can tell your children a bad person did a bad thing but that person will never hurt anyone again because they have been punished. What will you tell a child at this site? Her mom through her away. That is very, very personal to a child. They can't relate to a stranger but they can relate to their mother, the very person they depend on for security. How awful to be a child and be forced to remember that everyday they go to school? Sometimes you just have to move on. jmo

Thank you to everyone that is trying to figure out if the Bring THE Kids Home is actually the same ones as are trying to build the memorial. I have looked, and looked but cann't find anything out about them. I have searched Ft. Lauderdale area papers to see if this nonprofit has posted any articles, and I cann't find any. It just seems so secretive so me. If they are wanting to really help find missing children I would think they would want thier organization known to bring in funding.

The post itself is an angry response and not very professional. It's as if they want to get into a debate with the media because of their supposed profits off this case. Maybe someone should inform them that the media is entitled to report the news and are not responsible for the fact that someone thought it was the perfect place to get rid of a body. Media sponsers pay regardless of what the news is. In a couple of years if the land is not developed as they propose children will ride by that sight with no knowledge about why Caylee was put there. With a memorial every child who ever attends that school until the school closes down permanently they will know exactly what happened to Caylee and be reminded daily of it.

To me when I read what the information from their site it appears they are praying on the sadness and anger of others over this case. This is my opinion only and I still do not see how this memorial will find missing children. For the money it has no functional purpose, will cost taxpayers money to maintain and the site will be soon run down and become overgrown, that is if it ever gets off the ground.

If this were a serious venture with the amount of money to complete this project they would not be selling bricks they would be proudly announcing their corporate backers.

Have to wonder why the media is taking this lying down? jmo

Thanks, LambChop, for all the checking you've done here. I especially agree with the paragraph I've bolded. I have attached a shot of the list of their "strategic partners in the works." (Please note that it says in the works and that no names are provided!)

Thanks to all the posters who have contributed so much time and effort here to bring this mess to light. :tyou:

http://bringkidshome.org/pr07142011.htm

picture.php

They can't even design their own t-shirts, they are asking the public to submit designs. If you are a winner, you get a free t.
It's amazing how the public is fawning all over them on Facebook.

They can't even design their own t-shirts, they are asking the public to submit designs. If you are a winner, you get a free t.
It's amazing how the public is fawning all over them on Facebook.

Its scary!!
This memorial park is starting to take on a carnival atmospher. I wonder if the neighbors mind the idea?
And I have like others wondered why they sell expensive bricks when the idea hasnt even been approved by zoning, etc yet, I wouldnt take a chance knowing the entire thing could sink.

Its scary!!
This memorial park is starting to take on a carnival atmospher. I wonder if the neighbors mind the idea?
And I have like others wondered why they sell expensive bricks when the idea hasnt even been approved by zoning, etc yet, I wouldnt take a chance knowing the entire thing could sink.

I think I heard a couple reports that many neighbors don't like the idea. I wouldn't either--strangers around all the time.

So where the heck are they going to get that kind of money for a parking lot???
Unless, of course, they're looking at another parcel owned by someone else...but there isn't much else in the area and it did say across the street from the planned memorial site.

These are the only ones on that end of Suburban. IMO they will have a very hard time having this rezoned.

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/YourL...agement/ZoningDivision/tabid/820/Default.aspx

There is also a Homeowner's Assc. I would think it would have to be ok'd by them also. It could take a couple of yrs, if not longer for all this to come together and they don't even have the money. I am curious to know if the purchase of this piece of land will be paid by cash, or will someone be financing it? I know for a fact it is very hard to purchase raw land and have it financed. No one that I found wanted to do it when I was looking to purchase.

IMO this won't fly and people will be out money. I for one, will not donate to this.

JMO :)

I see BKH did post on their website that the bricks will be free to those who purchased them in advance if a corporate sponsor is found. I hadn't seen that before except on the facebook page. Must have missed it.

I see BKH did post on their website that the bricks will be free to those who purchased them in advance if a corporate sponsor is found. I hadn't seen that before except on the facebook page. Must have missed it.

I think they got the cart before the horse. Seems as they should've had a corp sponsor before they started this whole thing. Then they could've of sold bricks. I think the whole thing is hinky and why would I buy a shirt or a bracelet. This is as bad as KFN if not worse.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13
Back